Trump's brand is collapsing...

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Well, Strongman Trump may be finished after the election, but if he decides to turn it into a white nationalist propaganda outlet, he'll take a bunch of business away from FOX, and he'll have taught the next authoritarian to smile and not say idiotic things in public until after the actual election. So, let's not go sighing in relief just yet.

Hopefully Strongman Trump goes after the backstabbers that are always a large part of right-wing self-mythology, and can destroy the GOP as a national party, so that the sane, rational conservatives take over the Democratic party, and the actual leftists can break off a piece of the left wing and start dragging the country to the left again, with sane, rational conservatives doing what sane rational conservatives do best - moderate the change that progressives push for.

Well, that, and of course we'll finally be able to win the war against Christmas, enact Sharia Law, force all pregnant women to have abortions, and take everyone's guns away before sending them off to be gay married. Oh shit, did I say that out loud?!?

Reactions: TeeJay1952

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Well, Strongman Trump may be finished after the election, but if he decides to turn it into a white nationalist propaganda outlet, he'll take a bunch of business away from FOX, and he'll have taught the next authoritarian to smile and not say idiotic things in public until after the actual election. So, let's not go sighing in relief just yet.

Hopefully Strongman Trump goes after the backstabbers that are always a large part of right-wing self-mythology, and can destroy the GOP as a national party, so that the sane, rational conservatives take over the Democratic party, and the actual leftists can break off a piece of the left wing and start dragging the country to the left again, with sane, rational conservatives doing what sane rational conservatives do best - moderate the change that progressives push for.

Well, that, and of course we'll finally be able to win the war against Christmas, enact Sharia Law, force all pregnant women to have abortions, and take everyone's guns away before sending them off to be gay married. Oh shit, did I say that out loud?!?
Ha, agreed. Though let's hope TrumpTV either is an utter disaster or never happens period. Hoping for the latter, this country doesn't need more of this wingnut conspiracy nonsense.

Reactions: nickqt

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I believe his daughter was complaining on tv about the fallout of this whole thing hurting her personal business, too.

Should have thought about that, kids. Daddy is a sleaze.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I believe his daughter was complaining on tv about the fallout of this whole thing hurting her personal business, too.

Should have thought about that, kids. Daddy is a sleaze.

I read the other day that his daughter's products are being boycotted and that her sales were down. I also read a while back that her Daddy's hotel bookings are way down, as are his profits. This new hotel chain name is supposed to somehow showcase the yugeness of Trump's business acumen to millenials, enticing them to stay there I guess. BTW from what I have read this new chain is going to be built from hotels that Trump purchases and renames to Scion. They are supposed to be four-star offerings - IOW, Trump at his best...

Cheap! :D

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Good. His business "empire" should have died in bankruptcy years ago. This branding thing he has going on since then is a farce that shouldn't exist.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I figured they could call the hotel the Rump because everybody knows what the Don wants when he gets you alone in the dark.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
He still has a powerful brand, as long as it's leveraged in the appropriate industries. I suggest linens.

kkk_robe_flat.jpg

Reactions: TeeJay1952

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
He still has a powerful brand, as long as it's leveraged in the appropriate industries. I suggest linens.

kkk_robe_flat.jpg

Not a bad idea... another option Trump has is when his hotels fail he can recycle the linens from them into fashionable white-nationalist garb! Move the crossbar on that cross up a bit and it looks like a monogrammed T, right?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Again.... watching the Sunday morning news shows on the three major networks, it was quite clear that Trump spokespersons are all melting down right before our eyes.
Kelly Conway, and I could not believe this, Kelly is now blaming the surrogates of Hillary for the downfall of Donald Trump.

Kelly Conway: "Hillary has her husband and an former US president out there speaking for Hillary. Hillary has the current president out there. Hillary has the first lady out there. Hillary has Joe Biden out there."
Whine whine whine.... Boo hoo hoo...
Queue the violin music.

It's not fair, Kelly Conway might well say, it's not fair that more people like Hillary Clinton than like Donald Trump.
We need to take all the people, and divide them all up into half, 50/50, and then assign Clinton one half and Trump the other half.
50/50.

Gawd....
I just can't imagine the extent of child-like behavior coming out of the Whitehouse should Trump actually become president.
And all that whining...
Remember Jimmy Carter's Whitehouse whining?
And president Carter's whining actually had some merit.
Donald Trump whines for weeks over a simple tweet.

And I do feel sorry for Kelly Conway.
After Trump loses, all the blame will fall on Kelly Conway.
I cannot imagine, and Kelly has not a clue of the nightmare in store for her from the wrath of Donald Trump.
I can see it all now....
Kelly Conway, after the election, sitting in some padded room, drooling at the mouth mumbling to herself, "Did we win? Did we win? Did we win? Can I go home now Mr Trump? Did we win? Can I go now?"

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm pretty sure Conway will end up coming on top after all this. To do what she's done with trump is pretty amazing and she is really good at spin and pivoting. She'll be ok, trust me.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I'm pretty sure Conway will end up coming on top after all this. To do what she's done with trump is pretty amazing and she is really good at spin and pivoting. She'll be ok, trust me.
The very fact that Trump recognized the threat from his past behavior and immediately switched to a female campaign manager to reduce the impact of what he knew was coming says he was preparing for it. The RNC had to have known but they needed to do more pre-primary exposure to stop him and they didn't. Now the Don has done it for himself at the expense of the party and I've enjoyed watching it happen.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I think we're giving Trump more smarts than he deserves.
I really doubt that Donald sees anything coming, or if he does he doesn't care and simply shrugs it off.
And why would Trump be so wise to select Kelly Conway, then follow with saying the awful things he says about women?
To me, that seems more like someone setting up someone else to shoulder the fall.
That would be more in line with the Trump mode of operation.
To take advantage of and prepare for the downside.
Or.....
Gee. Just maybe it is true that Donald really doesn't want to win?
Maybe he never did.
Just maybe this is all about and has always been only about the Donald Trump brand?
There is a lot more fame and fortune with furthering the brand of Donald Trump than sitting there in some oval office as president elect making all of those boring pointless decisions.
Especially decisions Trump has consistently flip flopped on during his past.

Just look at this whole thing the way a detective might with a crime scene.
The evidence has consistently been for Trump to cut his own throat.
To ignore and refuse to play the game as the game should be played.
Instead, promote Trump. Process every news cycle into a plus for Donald Trump.
Donald has done nothing or shown no real interest in playing the game as the game must be played.
Not if he wants to win that game.
The only game Trump is interested in playing is the game of Donald Trump.
If this were a court room and the issue was, is Donald Trump seeking the presidency or promoting the brand of Donald Trump, the verdict would be promoting the brand of Donald Trump.

Losing the election won't hurt Donald Trump because Donald was never a politician in the first place. But even with losing, Donald Trump will ensure bigger business deals, more media interest, and in the end more money for Trump inc.
The presidency? Naw....
Being president is not going to make Donald Trump richer than hosting his own TV show.
And the presidency is not going to make Donald Trump richer than building more towers with his name on the top.

Last edited:

sontakke

Aug 8, 2001
Toyota got out of Scion line. Did they sell that brand to Trump? Or did he just steal it from Toyota?

TeeJay1952

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
I see Trump stiffing Conway like he has all other contractors.
It will be a loss and he hates paying losing projects.

simpletron

Oct 31, 2008
Toyota got out of Scion line. Did they sell that brand to Trump? Or did he just steal it from Toyota?

Even if Toyota wasn't getting rid of Scion brand (by the way they haven't completed yet as 2016 is the last model year), it still wouldn't be trademark infringement unless Toyota's Scion's trademark listed the hotel business as a good or service. For example, There are Cadillac branded - dog food, vacuum cleaners, train connectors, barber shears and probably more, all co-existing with different companies because they are in completely different industries.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I see Trump stiffing Conway like he has all other contractors.
It will be a loss and he hates paying losing projects.
That was one of Hillary Clinton's jokes at the Alfred E. Smith dinner; it landed well. Add to that the fact that Kellyanne even retweeted it and I'm guessing she's trying to pre-emptively shame Trump into making sure she does get paid.

Donald Trump is a horrible human being who will justly be put in the toilet forever for this. I don't believe in karma but if I did, this is it catching all the way up.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Are there still contractors stupid enough to not demand cash up front from Trump?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Can't say this is a shock. His electorate demographic isn't exactly the financial demographic he needs to keep his current empire (high end real estate and golf clubs) afloat. Now, Trump Trailers on the other hand ...

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Nah, first thing Trump should do after his political retirement is to go all out and transparent and open a chain of gentlemen's clubs. I'd call it Trump's Rump Room. His official duties would be to audition all applicants.

Beauty pageants are for kids.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2005
Nah, first thing Trump should after his political retirement is to go all out and transparent and open a chain of gentlemen's clubs. I'd call it Trump's Rump Room. His official duties would be to audition all applicants.

Beauty pageants are for kids.

That's where drumpf picks out his next wife, right?

Feb 4, 2009

kkk_robe_flat.jpg

Only problem is they'll end up looking like this from "Fletch" w/Chevy Chase.
Not the best image but he had to escape some Klna guys and disguised himself with a cut up bed sheet, his outfit was all messed up looking.

fllkkk.jpg