Trumpcare CBO Report: 22 million to loose healthcare by 2026

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Heard that earlier today too. Their claim "it was just slowing the rate of growth" was complete bullshit

That was in the bill from the house of representatives. This is the senate version.

I for one don't like either version of these bills. They both suck. Both parties are working on the wrong end of the stick. What needs to be fixed first is the actual cost of healthcare, not who pays for it. Then work from there. Yes, I know it is more complex than just that.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
yes, but Trump promised to give everyone healthcare, and do it better than Obama. He is, by election standards, the leader of the GOP and the one who sets GOP policy going forward. That is his job as the current leader of the party, as POTUS. Yes, he is a clear rejection of the long-held core beliefs of that party, but is it not fair to say that enough people supported him because of exactly that--a rejection of many of those policies?

So, are we to assume that Trump was lying, then? well, damn.

I mean it's not like the GOP has been particularly sneaky about their legislative goals. Their primary goal is to reduce the tax and regulatory burden on the richest Americans. That's the beginning and end of it and there's no need to read further into it.

For the last eight years Republican claims about health care have been transparent lies. No sane or intelligent person actually believed they would provide better health care for less money because the issue has been studied extensively for decades and that magic bullet doesn't exist. Now we get to see what their 'better and cheaper' plan really is and of course it's a giant pile of shit. Shockingly enough when you cut a trillion dollars in health spending to give it to the richest Americans health care for everyone else gets worse.

Reactions: ivwshane

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That was in the bill from the house of representatives. This is the senate version.

I for one don't like either version of these bills. They both suck. Both parties are working on the wrong end of the stick. What needs to be fixed first is the actual cost of healthcare, not who pays for it. Then work from there. Yes, I know it is more complex than just that.

It's both versions. In fact, the Senate cuts Medicaid more than the House version but through a similar mechanism of 'slowing the rate of growth' so that it covers less and less each year.

The ACA included tons of provisions to slow the rate of growth, which is exactly what you say we should focus on. Why doesn't it get more credit for that? It was one of the primary goals after all.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

The cost of care will never be reduced sufficiently to eliminate the need for insurance or universal coverage. Even if we reduce costs enormously a large % of the population will be unable to pay.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
There needs to be estimates on how something will impact us all, such as this case in healthcare. There does not need to be so much dependency on it however. The CBO is often times very flawed, it is impossible to predict the future. It was way off for the original affordable care act. Some aspects of it are far worse than the CBO said it would be. CBO is not the end all be all. That being said, every measure should be taken to leave as few people without insurance as possible. People should have the option to buy reasonably priced insurance.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Oh, I guess we will get the money from the money tree. lol

Politics and religion:
aZfLLlH.gif