Trumpanzees now want to increase the voting age and other requirements to vote (like bringing back some form of poll tax).

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Fox news made an article about how the people they interviewed in Kansas City are more sympathetic with eliminating Title 42. Apparently Fox also posted a picture of a young white lady, her first name, and her profession after she voiced considerable support for Biden removing Title 42. Apparently Fox News made most of their interviews with young people and college students, and probably did so to get the response they want from their support base. Fox News eventually did achieve that goal in the comment section.

Apparently the Fox News supporters voiced their outage over this, blaming the young age being the cause of the response of the survey question. These Trumpanzees are now voicing outrage over the right for young Americans to vote, with many claiming for a need to increase the minimum vote age to 21 or even 25. Others even went on to voice support for requiring one to have paid at least 25 cents or more in Federal Taxes, or be in the tax bracket where at least 20% or more of their income is taxed in order to vote. Wow, it seems by those comments, they want to bring back poll tax in a different form. Some claim that one should at least have a real full-time job before being allowed to vote. Others went on to claim that one should be required to at least enlist in the military in order to vote. Others claim that the voting age was lowered due to the Vietnam War draft, and thus should be raised again as the draft ended. One even claimed the cause of the response to immigration issues by most young Americans is due to "no child left behind".

Article - https://www.foxnews.com/us/kansas-city-voters-sympathetic-eliminating-title-42-seek-middle-ground

Below are some quotes from some Trumpanzees in the comment section of the article.

Students...they haven't had to support themselves or pay taxes for most of them. They are the ones that think it's just dandy to have millions pour into the country that will be getting Government assistance. Ask these same students in 10 years. I think the voting age should be 25 at that point most have started supporting themselves and paying taxes.
- Source : https://www.openweb.com/share/28u9vBjXm6ftGr09TQJEqZ6iYpi

I do not think that people should get to vote until at least 20% of their income is taxed. That would fix a host of issues.
- Source : https://www.openweb.com/share/28uB2jZcBsBG3HYQjwEyWl21KUh

Once they join the military let them vote.
- Source : https://www.openweb.com/share/28uBAI1xhLHhEwym9nyPkl7Nczs

Just wait until the dental student is working. If she has to open an office, buy the expensive equipment, hire a staff, pay all the payroll taxes and healthcare for her employees, than pay taxes she will understand why working people are concerned about the illegals. When she takes home a small percentage of her pre tax and pre overhead expenses income, she will understand. She will understand when her license fee and malpractice costs go up every year. She will understand when her payroll taxes increase and healthcare cost skyrocket. Than she might understand that the people illegally entering our country are a financial burden on HER.
- Source : https://www.openweb.com/share/28uBF6lFxJRhPoamxJfiN26yPoG

How about they actually survey some adults. Ones with real Jobs.
- Source : https://www.openweb.com/share/28uBp6CzHFOlLtwa5rJfoO4uuC2

Results of no child left behind.
- Source : https://www.openweb.com/share/28uC5dSzjzJx5TjD7aBKnIsOijg

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
That may be kinda tough for old folks to chew on.

And don't forget. Some of them still got their original teefus.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
So if a family runs with one parent staying home, that stay at home parent wouldn't get a vote? Also, all the tax dodging self employed folks that pay almost nothing wouldn't either?

How about the single mom working two full time jobs? She obviously should get 2 votes. Add to that the same mom who's 16 year old is working after school due to a stagnant minimum wage. Another vote.

Republicans are evil and stupid and their L voters even more so.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Repubs can't see past their need to seize control of the nation any way they can. It's as if they have been riled up into a state of panic seeing things that clearly aren't there and hearing things from a single source of political rhetoric that's non-stop misinformation and outlandish hoax conspiracy yarns that are meant to upset, confuse and hate anyone who disagrees with their source of blatantly hateful fear driven never ending lies stacked on more lies an more on top of that.

For the fact that the GOP leadership are compelled to constantly lie to their voters should be more than enough proof that the party elders aren't being honest with their members yet their party faithful willfully choose to ignore how they're obviously being misled and exploited because seizing power is all that's left of their purpose for existing as a political entity.

Reactions: Captante and Pohemi

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
While one could say it's a long way from grass-roots Republicans sounding off in surveys, to actual real-world legislation, seems there's reason to worry that if they conclude their multi-decade campaign to overturn Roe vs Wade has culminated in success, they'll be inclined to start thinking about other, once far-fetched, projects.

And what Republicans do today, conservatives here will try and imitate tomorrow. We are now set to have a voter-photo-id law - clearly an idea cribbed from the US right - that serves no purpose other than to suppress the vote of the kind of people who don't vote Tory. I'll have to go through some time-consuming paperwork rigmarole, involving dealing with my inept local authority, to apply for special voting ID, as I don't have a driving licence and my passport expired a long time ago (and I can't afford to apply for a new one purely as voting ID as the cost of them has gone up dramatically).
And while I'll probably go through that palavar as I want to be able to vote in future, I am pretty sure that a lot of my fellow non-driving, non-foreign-travelling, non-affluent voters won't bother or be organised enough to get round to it. Which I suspect is the whole point of this new law.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
I think we should have a poll tax.

Something like $1000 required to vote.

It would be glorious.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
It makes perfect sense, they'd be 100% in favor of rolling back basically all the voting changes that have happened over the centuries.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Sounds great, as long as we also ban retirees from voting. I mean why should someone who has no productive years left and won't be around in a decade decide the direction of the country.
As a retiree, I completely agree, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
When did the republican party become such retards? I mean, Abe Lincoln was republican.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
And then started getting rapidly worse during the 90s with Rush Limbaugh (whose fans used to call themselves dittoheads) and Fox News.
Then in the 2000s, InfoWars and NewsMax started gathering popularity, and in the 2010s, woefully unprepared Boomers started using Facebook.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
And then started getting rapidly worse during the 90s with Rush Limbaugh (whose fans used to call themselves dittoheads) and Fox News.
Then in the 2000s, InfoWars and NewsMax started gathering popularity, and in the 2010s, woefully unprepared Boomers started using Facebook.

Yep. Rush/Newt/etc. really ramped it up again. Not just racial issues, but cultural topics in general.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I actually am still wondering in what way, or what is causing these Trumpanzees to think one of the reasons for the survey response, was caused by "no child left behind"? Wasn't NCLB enacted by Republicans in the first place?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I actually am still wondering in what way, or what is causing these Trumpanzees to think one of the reasons for the survey response, was caused by "no child left behind"? Wasn't NCLB enacted by Republicans in the first place?
It was one of Bush's biggest legislative achievements IIRC

Reactions: hal2kilo

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
1) It's education-related, and therefore bad
2) There isn't anything Republicans have done that they can't blame on Democrats. It's easy when you're utterly bereft of intellectual honesty.

Reactions: Pohemi and Lezunto

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
I wish they would increase the IQ requirements for voting. Anyone with IQ less than a 100 does not get to vote. Of course the GOP would ferociously oppose such a thing as it would rob them of their support base.