Trumpanzees: Falling harder than Humpty Dumpty (Duncan Hunter)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
other threads on this douchebag's fall from trump's asshole into the toilet of history:

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
Wait - this doesn't sound like the behavior of a party that is fiscally responsible...

Say, what gives?

Why would the side that proclaims they are fiscally responsible, behave in a manner contrary?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I would conjecture that an innocent plea and a guilty conviction would have carried a stiffer penalty. The guy clearly seems to be only all about himself.

Pretty much. In the federal system, they'll break your motherfucking balls off for wasting their time prosecuting a hopeless defense. It's the penalty for stupidity.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I should clarify that my surprise doesn't relate to lack of understanding of that logic. He could fight and retain his position in Congress for longer if he chose. His criminal history suggests someone with a challenge in resisting instant gratification and using power as a proxy for self esteem. Faced between crashing hard now or crashing harder later, it seems he is choosing a different approach than previously selected.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I would conjecture that an innocent plea and a guilty conviction would have carried a stiffer penalty. The guy clearly seems to be only all about himself.

Actually it was more about his wife. Apparently she had a side piece that she was swinging from the chandelier with, and that would've come out at trial.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Deep State claiming another fine upstanding public servant who in so many ways looks as if he was modeling himself after his heroic Criminal-in Chief.

I mean, WTH, if Trump can get away with all the shit he's been perping against the people, why shouldn't those folks from his party get the same deal, right?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
"It's the leftist deep state's fault that I got caught stealing!!"

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Pretty much. In the federal system, they'll break your motherfucking balls off for wasting their time prosecuting a hopeless defense. It's the penalty for stupidity.

Actually it was more about his wife. Apparently she had a side piece that she was swinging from the chandelier with, and that would've come out at trial.

Not sure which is correct, if either but:

I should clarify that my surprise doesn't relate to lack of understanding of that logic. He could fight and retain his position in Congress for longer if he chose. His criminal history suggests someone with a challenge in resisting instant gratification and using power as a proxy for self esteem. Faced between crashing hard now or crashing harder later, it seems he is choosing a different approach than previously selected.

My thought was that the issue as he saw it might not be between crashing hard now as opposed to later, where I would agree his action would be surprising, but between what he may see as crashing hard now or much harder later. People who know nothing about the value of self respect, having it beaten out of them, act in accordance to what is moral in my opinion, only under fear of threat. There morality is thus easily corrupted by the sense of invulnerability. Those with no real faith that God sees our sins, have no conscious knowledge that unconsciously we actually do know the truth, our self hatred being the result of having turned our backs on it.