Trump won't wear a mask, but admits he's doping up on HCQ

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
This thread really gave me a big chuckle. You guys should really think about taking this act on the road. If nothing else, it might be therapeutic.
You do realize your hero, your master and your God is taking a drug that is known to be harmful and have no medicinal value to combat this virus??
We all know that you know, but the kool aid has permeated your brain and taken over any rational thoughts!
Why don`t you join Donny and have a few hydroxychloroquine?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I mean he’s lying about taking it, he just doesn’t want to admit he was wrong before.
I agree! I would bet he is totally lying and when his base starts tyo take that drug and they start dying off Trump will say it was not his fault!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
This thread really gave me a big chuckle. You guys should really think about taking this act on the road. If nothing else, it might be therapeutic.
How does it feel to worship and adore a man who is a pathological liar?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Yeah man. The leader of the country with the worst outbreak on the planet taking and promoting hallucinagenics is fuckin hilarious.
Let's blow several more trillion, trip balls, and laugh about all the dead grandmas.

I think the feeling is mutual - you definitely provide us with a bunch of laughs.

I feel sad, and a bit happy.
Sad there are such dumb people in the world, but then a little happy there aren't more of them, but sad again knowing they have nuclear weapons..

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
He's lying because he knows this will dominate the news cycle. Completely knocking out both the latest statistics on COVID19 deaths and infections in the USA, AND Pompeo-selling-arms-to-the-Saudis, then firing the IG who was looking into that.

And/or this is another attempt to pump up the value of hydroxychloriquone for god knows what reason. Either he, or his evil spawn are invested somehow. He's pimping snake oil.

Escalation and/or diversion is what his term is all about. It is all about wearing the public psyche into the ground, overloading us emotionally until the people are all out of fucks to give.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
My Trump decoder rings says he lying again. Conservatives love him cuz he tells it like it is

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
So masks are for pussies, but he gets tested multiple times a week, and is taking drugs routinely on top of that?

Are you shitting me?!

Hallucinations are well known side effects for malaria drugs, so that explains a lot.

WTF is going on?

Trump says he’s taking malaria drug in case he gets virus

This can only end one of two ways.

1. He's telling the truth, in which case his heart explodes. Or

2. He's lying, and his cult believes him and their hearts explode, leaving nobody to vote for him in November.

I fail to see the downside

1589892136796.png

Last edited:

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Remember to keep the virus at bay you need to take at least 2000mg 3 times a day. If you get some wimpy liberal doctor who won’t give you enough to be effective just take that dose from what he does give you. Drink those libtard tears as you make your body a fortress against the virus.

Yep, and they sell extra libtard tears in bottles labeled “Clorox” at the pharmacy, could be effective as well.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I want to start a poll if people think he is lying? Would that get locked as REPOST?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I want to start a poll if people think he is lying? Would that get locked as REPOST?

If there's any doubt, I say pass on it.

With that said, it's a tough call. Trump has been obsessed with HCQ so it makes sense that he'd take it even if it ultimately proves fatal, but then again he's such a compulsive liar that you have to assume most things he says are false.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If there's any doubt, I say pass on it.

With that said, it's a tough call. Trump has been obsessed with HCQ so it makes sense that he'd take it even if it ultimately proves fatal, but then again he's such a compulsive liar that you have to assume most things he says are false.

aside from trying to earn some scratch for his pals, I think his motivation for lying is to simply "prove how right he was" about mentioning it all this time--if "the people" think he is taking it, and never becomes ill, and never contracts covid, then that just proves he was right all along about how safe and wonderful it is.

and that's all that matters. I think the very likely case is that he isn't taking it (doubt his physician(s), which he really has no control over it, are allowing him to take it), and he is lying about it just to "prove he was correct" all along through the fake results of his not taking it.

of course, the result of this is that the true Trump believers are going to die because of it, but he doesn't care about these people. He'd rather wish they were dead, anyway.

Reactions: Meghan54

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Trump taking HCQ is something the entire country can agree is a good thing, for different reasons :)

Reactions: Viper1j

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I think the very likely case is that he isn't taking it (doubt his physician(s), which he really has no control over it, are allowing him to take it) ...

Sadly his doctor says he knows about it, has discussed it with Trump, and thinks it's okay. Glad he's not my doc.

"After numerous discussions (Trump) and I had regarding the evidence for and against the use of hydroxychloroquine, we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risk," Conley said, adding that the President was showing no signs of symptoms and that all his tests for Covid-19 had come back negative.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Trump needs to get rid of all those pills that they tried to corner the market on!!
That are now worthless.......thats is unless Donny can prove or make it appear as if they really work!

Mar 11, 2004
Sadly his doctor says he knows about it, has discussed it with Trump, and thinks it's okay. Glad he's not my doc.

"After numerous discussions (Trump) and I had regarding the evidence for and against the use of hydroxychloroquine, we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risk," Conley said, adding that the President was showing no signs of symptoms and that all his tests for Covid-19 had come back negative.

His doctor could be giving him a placebo or even a miniscule amount (that won't make any difference, but this way Turmp wouldn't be a liar, but it also wouldn't be the same as if he was taking a legit dosage of it).

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Hydroxychloroquine is commonly used by people suffering from lupus. Since Trump began his hard sell in March it has been almost impossible to get. My son has a friend who suffers from lupus and she hasn't been able to fill a prescription since March.

Here is link to an NPR story on this-three minute audio and a transcript: