trump won his club tournament in 2018

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Problem is, he didn't play in the tournament.

"President Trump somehow 'won' a golf tournament without even playing in it
https://sports.yahoo.com/president-...ent-without-even-playing-in-it-221538855.html
"

According to Bamberger, the original winner was a gentleman by the name of Ted Virtue, a CEO with memberships at Winged Foot and Trump International.
"Somewhere along the line, Trump and Virtue actually crossed paths. And at that point, Trump, according to multiple sources, said something along the lines of “The only reason you won is because I couldn’t play.” "
"So then Trump proposed a deal that Virtue couldn’t refuse: a nine-hole playoff for the title of club champion. "

Apparently cheeto won the 9 hole knockout round and laid claim to the championship.
1552378467532.png

Really, after the guy won it fair and square?
lard-ass cheeto is liar, a cheat and a poor sport.
We know he cheats at golf.
Google it. There's 2,650,000 hits.
Here's something recent.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...d-donald-trump-of-cheating-at-golf/109934954/

Makes you think that when he loses the 2020 election, he going to attempt make a side deal with another person to see who gets to be president.

Feb 4, 2009
Haha don’t I remember a story where NKs Lil Kim sunk 9 hole in ones on his first golf outing.
Maybe Trump & Kim need to walk some links.

Oh Dear Leader (our President must be jealous)

Kim, the manager said, was, of course, a staggering golf talent, possessed of an enchantingly rhythmic swing. But even for a player of his abilities, five aces in one round were out of reach. How that stat had entered into the official record was pretty simple, the manager said: The scorekeeper tracking Kim’s round that day had relied on a relative-to-par system, marking down 0 for pars, 1 for bogeys and 2 for double-bogeys.

https://www.golf.com/golf-plus/behind-kim-jong-ils-famous-round-golf

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
An update to this story.

D6NmVWHWkAAycbW.png

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I'm not going to put to much stock in the anecdote, but (in addition to other things) what a complete and total dick.
Not much different from this Mike Tirico story about golfing with trump.
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/donald-trump-2019.2559407/page-7#post-39781895

"The cheating is not just to impress pro golfers. Reilly also details stories with ESPN announcer Mike Tirico, LPGA pro Suzann Pettersen and actor Samuel L. Jackson. In one of the most egregious stories, Tirico remembers hitting one of the best shots of his life squarely onto the green, but when he walked over, the ball was 50 feet away in a bunker.

“Trump’s caddy came up to me and said, ‘You know that shot you hit on the par 5?’” Tirico says. “‘It was about 10 feet from the hole. Trump threw it in the bunker. I watched him do it.’” "

As I posted already.
What a scumbag, low life.

NostaSeronx

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2011
What a stud, totally voting for this guy. Epitome of manliness, Apollo reincarnate. *swoon*

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
There is money to be made by jumping on the right bandwagon. Hillary actually released a book about how she lost the election, and people bought it.
Right now, there is money in Trump hate, and lots of people cashing in on it.
Ok, sure? That's also entirely irrelevant.

This thread is about Trump's cheating at golf, and here is a particular book that documents his long history of the aforementioned cheating.

Who cares if the author made a dime or a billion? I don't know why you had a compulsive need to divert (ok, of course I do). Sad.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Ok, sure? That's also entirely irrelevant.

This thread is about Trump's cheating at golf, and here is a particular book that documents his long history of the aforementioned cheating.

Who cares if the author made a dime or a billion? I don't know why you had a compulsive need to divert (ok, of course I do). Sad.

I find it interesting that there is so much profit to be made in selling echo chamber justification. I shouldn't be surprised as many organized religions have been doing it for years, but I never made the connection to politics. There is profit in failure, profit in hate, profit in hearsay. It's fascinating to look at the economics of tribalism, and how manipulative that market is.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I find it interesting that there is so much profit to be made in selling echo chamber justification. I shouldn't be surprised as many organized religions have been doing it for years, but I never made the connection to politics. There is profit in failure, profit in hate, profit in hearsay. It's fascinating to look at the economics of tribalism, and how manipulative that market is.

So, you seriously never made that connection....Did you just meander through life oblivious to the world around?

Religion and politics go hand in hand. Welcome to humanity.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
So you find it interesting that people are willing to pay to read stories about how our President can't even play a game without cheating yet people think it was a good idea to elect him to run our country? I don't find it "interesting" that you think it strange that people like to be informed about the character of the person running the country, I find it entirely predictable.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Of course, he cheats. Almost everyone that played with him say so. Golf Magazine had an article about this. Trump is a bullshitter and cheating at golf is merely acted out bullshit

With Trump, It's not about fairness or equality. It's about privilege.

I'm sure Trump believes he really is winning these games. Not because he's playing the best golf. He's winning because he's created a situation where he controls the rules and is able to use his power to determine the outcome.

Trump doesn't think everyone should be allowed to cheat. He thinks he should be allowed to cheat while everyone else is handicapped by playing by the rules. He feels he should have an advantage because he's a powerful person. That's how Trump recruits his followers. They believe that if they support Trump, they're joining the winning side. Some of Trump's power will rub off on them. And they will be able to push people around in their lives like Trump pushes people around in his life.

Trump knows this is nonsense. He takes power from his supporters; he doesn't give it away to them.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Trump strikes me as the kind of golfer who, on a good day, could score in the low-to-mid 80s, but if he made a mistake at any time and ended up in the deep rough or a sand trap, his first instinct would be to cheat his way out of the problem. If that was not an option because people were watching him, he would probably make a few angry attempts at recovery, likely making things worse, then quit in anger while blaming his caddy.

Coincidentally, that's how I also view his presidency.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
How old are you?