Trump will be the forever allowable #whatabout

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well, yea, but we knew that already. They simply don't care, it's their way or hit the bricks.
I think there’s been some modest progress in this but I wonder if it’s too little, too late. The news media seems less inclined to pretend to believe conservatives when they make obvious lies about these things. I do wonder how long that will survive in a Biden administration after Republicans once again make a phony rededication to conservative values.

Like, how many times does ‘sure we were lying last time but we really mean it this time’ work?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Steve Schmitt said it best on MSNBC yesterday. The Republican party has become a criminal conspiracy to remain in power.

That's really it in a nutshell right?

There are no principals, only power.

All the outrages listed in this thread are simply the outcome of believing ends justify the means.

What the GOP has proven is that there are NO lines they won't cross to hold onto power.

No lie, no delusion, no anti-constitutional action, no corruption is too great to not engage in if it helps them.

Really the only line that haven't crossed it's open assassination and murder.... But we're getting very fking close. Tinder is dry and awaiting the spark.

So yeah, giant fuck you to any R who now wants to start quibbling about debt or law and order. FU right up your fat, orange potatoely ass.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I think there’s been some modest progress in this but I wonder if it’s too little, too late. The news media seems less inclined to pretend to believe conservatives when they make obvious lies about these things. I do wonder how long that will survive in a Biden administration after Republicans once again make a phony rededication to conservative values.

Like, how many times does ‘sure we were lying last time but we really mean it this time’ work?

By his word and deed, Trump blew away any pretense that the Repub Party honestly had any ideological principles to do with family values, fiscal conservancy or any other "values" they've been hawking over these past decades when among other things, it was laid bare for all to see how the party is owned and operated by the very wealthy in all of its corruptive glory.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

I dunno, I'm not seeing a path to GOP reform that doesnt include starting from scratch. They've politicized everything possible, facts (alt-facts), truth (unapologetically spreading obvious lies), violence is their jam. I mean, you're right, they'll return to their "conservatives values" and I think most Americans will just breathe a sigh of relief, but the disinformation campaign will not stop.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I dunno, I'm not seeing a path to GOP reform that doesnt include starting from scratch. They've politicized everything possible, facts (alt-facts), truth (unapologetically spreading obvious lies), violence is their jam. I mean, you're right, they'll return to their "conservatives values" and I think most Americans will just breathe a sigh of relief, but the disinformation campaign will not stop.
I have no idea how to fix it because the problem is first and foremost with GOP voters. They demand their reps act insanely.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I have no idea how to fix it because the problem is first and foremost with GOP voters. They demand their reps act insanely.

Yep, and that's the problem. A vast amount of americans have been radicalized and here we are. Who knows, maybe facts will win anyways, but I'm not overly confident.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yep, and that's the problem. A vast amount of americans have been radicalized and here we are. Who knows, maybe facts will win anyways, but I'm not overly confident.
I similarly doubt it. I suspect conservatives will keep spinning themselves up into crazier and crazier things until something really bad happens. What that is exactly I have no idea, but it’s going to be bad.

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
You forgot pro-tax too. After all, what’s a tariff but a tax your own people end up paying.
The Trump Tax cut for the rich raises taxes January 1st for people making 100k and less. Most Trumpaholics are to stupid to realize this simple reality.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

“I’m going to need everyone to drink this. I call it Trump-Aid. Also really known as Fool-Aid

It’s not poisoned. Sleepy Joe would poison you. I, Donald Trump, would “never” do that. Trust me. Lots of people are talking about how tremendous Fool-Aid is, you’re going to be seeing some amazing things about it in the next two weeks.”

ralfy

Jul 22, 2013
By his word and deed, Trump blew away any pretense that the Repub Party honestly had any ideological principles to do with family values, fiscal conservancy or any other "values" they've been hawking over these past decades when among other things, it was laid bare for all to see how the party is owned and operated by the very wealthy in all of its corruptive glory.

The Republican Party has been the other side of the coin since the Reagan administration. That is, both parties operate through two ideologies: neoconservatism and neoliberalism, and in the interest of the rich.

That's why both Bush and Obama promoted them: use the military, etc., to attack, destabilize, or weaken other countries, and use public funds to bail out the rich.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The Republican Party has been the other side of the coin since the Reagan administration. That is, both parties operate through two ideologies: neoconservatism and neoliberalism, and in the interest of the rich.

That's why both Bush and Obama promoted them: use the military, etc., to attack, destabilize, or weaken other countries, and use public funds to bail out the rich.
What specific actions do you think Obama took to bail out the rich?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The car company bailout, which directly saved the wealthy and kinda sorta helped the working class.

Not saying Obama is a corporate shill like all the other presidents. He genuinely tried to help america and I am shocked he was replaced with a fat lazy bigot coward.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The car company bailout, which directly saved the wealthy and kinda sorta helped the working class.

Not saying Obama is a corporate shill like all the other presidents. He genuinely tried to help america and I am shocked he was replaced with a fat lazy bigot coward.
Not surprised just disappointed. The election of Trump and the subsequent increase in votes tells me all I need to know about this country.

ralfy

Jul 22, 2013

You will find more details here:

I'm not sure what the total amounts involved, but the GAO estimates that $16 trillion was allocated:

Probably less than $5 trillion was used. Another source puts the allocation at around $29 trillion.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You will find more details here:

I'm not sure what the total amounts involved, but the GAO estimates that $16 trillion was allocated:

Probably less than $5 trillion was used. Another source puts the allocation at around $29 trillion.
1) TARP was Bush, not Obama.

2) the fed is an independent entity, it was not run by Obama.

Care to try again?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Once Fox really breaks with him, as he is unable to serve up more tax cuts, lets see how allowable he really is. Indictments incoming.