Trump whitewashes "Jews" from the annual International Holocaust Remembrance Day statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Repost.
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/how-do-you-give-a-statement-about-the-holocaust.2498060/
admin allisolm

Nor did they mention anti-Semitism. While there may have been non-Jewish people killed during Hitler's reign everyone who has read history Hitler specifically targeted Jews for elimination. I'm willing to bet the statement went through Bannon's office. We know via official court documents that Bannon has distain for Jewish people. More white nationalist behavior rearing its ugly head.

Anti-Defamation League Director Jonathan Greenblatt tweeted that the "@WhiteHouse statement on #HolocaustMemorialDay, misses that it was six million Jews who perished, not just 'innocent people'" and "Puzzling and troubling @WhiteHouse #HolocaustMemorialDay stmt has no mention of Jews. GOP and Dem. presidents have done so in the past.
Asked about the White House explanation that the President didn't want to exclude any of the other groups Nazis killed by specifically mentioning Jews, Greenblatt told CNN that the United Nations established International Holocaust Remembrance Day not only because of Holocaust denial but also because so many countries -- Iran, Russia, Poland, and Hungary, for example -- specifically refuse to acknowledge Hitler's attempt to exterminate Jews, "opting instead to talk about generic suffering rather than recognizing this catastrophic incident for what is was: the intended genocide of the Jewish people."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/white-house-holocaust-memorial-day/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
jews only get support for isreal so the christian god can come and murder them all and sweep up all the true christians into heaven while killing all the heathens.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Repost, and nice whitewashing of history where Hitler explicitly targeted other ethnic groups, such as the Roma, for eradication. Why are Jews the only ones allowed to deny victims of the Holocaust?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Repost, and nice whitewashing of history where Hitler explicitly targeted other ethnic groups, such as the Roma, for eradication. Why are Jews the only ones allowed to deny victims of the Holocaust?

The local nazi would like a few words about this matter. lol.

Nov 25, 2013

They're not you asshole. But Jews have, if you will, pride of place because they were the prime target and suffered the largest losses. Note the example statement from last year that I posted in the other thread as to how it's normally referred to.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
My bad missed it. But I bet Bannon and the rest of the white nationalists are doing hand springs. Nazi behavior lives in the White House.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
They're not you asshole. But Jews have, if you will, pride of place because they were the prime target and suffered the largest losses. Note the example statement from last year that I posted in the other thread as to how it's normally referred to.

As a percentage of population, the Roma suffered similar losses. Homosexuals likely did as well, although that's a little harder to estimate.

"Normally referred to" is silly regardless. This has only been a thing for two previous presidencies, and Dubya used his as a platform to attack Iran and support the Zionist, racist regime in Israel. This isn't a tradition, it's just one of many political maneuvers to keep us supporting our "greatest ally".

Status
Not open for further replies.