Trump warns 'when looting starts, shooting starts' as Minneapolis burns

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Trump is a i love you!!!!
Trump didn`t do jack shit!! He says he did......

As fires set by protesters outraged over the death of George Floyd burned in Minneapolis early Friday, President Donald Trump warned, "When the looting starts, the shooting starts."
On Wednesday, Trump said that he personally requested the FBI and Department of Justice expedite their own independent investigation into Floyd’s death. The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is also investigating.

Representatives from the U.S. Department of Justice, FBI, the Minnesota Department of Public Safety, along with Hennepin County Attorney Michael Freeman, offered no significant updates Thursday other than to promise a swift and thorough investigation of the officers involved in the Floyd case.

U.S. Attorney for the District of Minnesota Erica MacDonald said it was imperative the community understood how seriously the department was taking the investigation for Floyd's death.

“It breaks my heart to see what is happening in our streets in Minneapolis and St. Paul and in some of our suburbs,” MacDonald said. “And I am pleading, I am pleading with individuals to stay calm and to let us conduct this investigation.”

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Twitter just flagged that post as "glorifying violence"
Twitter attaches disclaimer to Trump's Minneapolis tweet for 'glorifying violence'

This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for
the Tweet to remain accessible. Learn more
....These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told
him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!
9:53 PM · May 28, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Let the twiiter fight begin. This may get as good as the Lincoln Project.
Orange menace is going to rage tweet over this one.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
For any other president in my 45 years, I would be like WTF shocked if they said looters will get shot. But from Trump, I'm almost able to shrug it off. I expect that kind of madman rambling from some random dude, but when our president is that madman, and it's so common for him to spout off. It doesn't phase me the way it should, how am I not surprised here? And nice of him to call the mayor weak, that's a word he uses often. I don't know a single thing about Jacob Frey, but I have to imagine right now nobody could have done any better trying to keep peace and order in that city. I don't think Trump comprehends the seriousness of what the cops did. Sending in the national guard will probably result in a few people getting shot. That'll show that weak ass major how to do shit!

Twitter legit flagged a Tweet from our president as glorifying violence, that's... fucking... mind... blowing...

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Lol, just imagine if Obama would've said something like this, or even used Twitter as an "official" channel, Vanilla Is would've had a collective meltdown and all those "good people" would be right there defending them.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
For any other president in my 45 years, I would be like WTF shocked if they said looters will get shot. But from Trump, I'm almost able to shrug it off. I expect that kind of madman rambling from some random dude, but when our president is that madman, and it's so common for him to spout off. It doesn't phase me the way it should, how am I not surprised here? And nice of him to call the mayor weak, that's a word he uses often. I don't know a single thing about Jacob Frey, but I have to imagine right now nobody could have done any better trying to keep peace and order in that city. I don't think Trump comprehends the seriousness of what the cops did. Sending in the national guard will probably result in a few people getting shot. That'll show that weak ass major how to do shit!

Twitter legit flagged a Tweet from our president as glorifying violence, that's... fucking... mind... blowing...
No surprise, Trump decided being fact checked should rage him and signed his executive order. Twitter doubled down. Cheeto puffed up, Twitter is calling out that he can't do shit.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
No surprise, Trump decided being fact checked should rage him and signed his executive order. Twitter doubled down. Cheeto puffed up, Twitter is calling out that he can't do shit.
I want to see a custom tag that says "It's Trump, take it with a salt block."

b5be375b6c7f0514deb665415873d1ff.jpg

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I think he's going to stroke out over these disclaimers and notices

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Lol, just imagine if Obama would've said something like this, or even used Twitter as an "official" channel, Vanilla Is would've had a collective meltdown and all those "good people" would be right there defending them.
Remember the right wing asswipe outrage when Obama opined that Trayvon Martin could have been his son? Another example of white boy affirmative action. Trump is graded on a curve

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Hey look, dipshit is finally right about something

BgT1ytF.jpg

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The Trump campaign, with Kushner basically at the helm, made a big deal of their outreach to African American voters contending they would compete with the Democrats in 2020 in that demo.

Now were are probably a day or two away from Trump getting banned from Twitter for using the N word.

Political savants all over that place I tell you.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The phrase "when the looting starts, the shooting starts is an unattributed quote of Walter Headley, Miami's police chief in 1967. It was a threat to citizens who were upset that police had terrorized a black teenager by holding him over a bridge

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump thinks stoking racial conflict helps his re-election chances. He may or may not be right about this (he tried it in 2018 and failed) but regardless it’s a betrayal of his oath of office.

Yet another reason to give him the boot.