Trump wants the country opened up and raring to go by Easter!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
His desire to reopen the economy curiously coincided with the closure of 6 of his company’s 7 largest revenue generators.

Just a coincidence I’m sure.
Ah, I don't know Trump's particular finances (those tax returns he won't let the public see) but I wonder here. It it possible he's going bankrupt again... right now?

I just had a look at my calendar a few minutes ago. Easter looks to be a very very bad moment this year in America.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Not when it comes to closures of businesses and regulations on movement. What he has the power to do primarily is coordinate response, deploy extra resources, etc.

Unfortunately he is super incompetent, super corrupt and so mentally ill that he's unable to view this as anything other than a personal problem for him so his response has been flailing and ineffective.

That coordination power is exactly what I’m talking about.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I have to admit that Putin's investment in Trump's election is paying off handsomely. We fubar'd ourselves good & proper. His whole life, Trump never before encountered an adverse situation he couldn't buy, bribe, bully or bullshit his way out of until now. It's what he knows how to do. He's just trying to pump a little sunshine up everybody's skirts at the moment but corona virus DGAF. It's the Midnight Rambler.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
He's still just basically running around, screaming "Nothing is happening! All is well! The Dow will rise again soon!", that's all. You can't confuse most anything coming out of his gab with a hint of logical thought. It's all make belief, like most of his "thoughts" he's like the anti-Chicken Little. "There are no wolfs! There never were wolfs!" type of guy.

What most likely will happen is that the more sociopathic governors will lift restrictions as soon as Trump says to. Depending on the conditions, the non-sociopaths will most likely not, basically telling him to go fuck himself.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
If and when he gives the go ahead to lift restrictions, and you live in a state where the virus is still infecting people at a high rate and your governor lifts those restrictions - I guess, the question you must ask yourself is - Are you willing to get sick and possibly die from COVID19 to help the economy and the stock market recover?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If and when he gives the go ahead to lift restrictions, and you live in a state where the virus is still infecting people at a high rate and your governor lifts those restrictions - I guess, the question you must ask yourself is - Are you willing to get sick and possibly die from COVID19 to help the economy and the stock market recover?
Better question - if that happens would they link it to his directives and their choices.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Better question - if that happens would they link it to his directives and their choices.

Well, if they die. obviously, No...If they live.. It's highly possible some of his strongest cult members might martyr themselves for him and not link it.

To them, the goal probably isn’t dying for the economy - it’s getting the other guy to die for the economy.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
What are the odds that by Easter the below quote will be true.

"we're going very substantially down, not up"

And why did anyone vote for a guy that talks like that.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Not me, baby, I don't need the money that bad... no way in the world. My health is priceless, so's my peace of mind.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

There's no chance we aren't getting reamed by Easter, unrelentingly. In fact, I figure by the week before. Good Friday will be a horror show this year. And why anybody voted for him has boggled my mind from the start.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

I would venture essentially 0% nationally. There may be some geographic areas (more remote areas that did abide by social distancing) that are.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Fox's Brit Hume says it's an entirely reasonable idea for people to die to help the economy.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/int...e-stock-market

it's the GOP Selling lives for the GDP!. As a commentator put it. Why is Fox trying to kill off it's viewers. Why are conservatives trying to kill other conservatives?

You know, when Republicans were bleating a few years ago about Death Panels, I just thought they were engaging in idiotic hyperbole. Now THEY want to host the death panels, to improve the stock market.

Reactions: Muse and DarthKyrie