Trump wants the country opened up and raring to go by Easter!

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Trump has lost his mind! We are in a midst of a pandemic. This makes sense. Lets have eveyone get together and celebrate Easter while we all get sick. Yea, who wants to get in on this?

I live at the shore in NJ. We get thousands of visitors. I highly doubt that we will be doing Easter Mr. Trump. Thank God this is a state decision, and not the decision from the feds.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
On the third day, Covid-19 will raise the Death Toll. It will be miraculous.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
If that happened, it'd be the kind of Easter that turned people non-religious.

Unless there's a dramatic improvement in case levels by then, lifting restrictions would lead to a bloodbath. As was said earlier, it's a good thing Trump can't force states to lift restrictions, because there could be millions of dead if he did.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
His desire to reopen the economy curiously coincided with the closure of 6 of his company’s 7 largest revenue generators.

Just a coincidence I’m sure.

So if we just give him a bailout will he agree not to kill 2 million Americans?

Or is he just going so stir crazy in the WH that they must be sacrificed?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Right. And in this case, it will come down to governors. POTUS doesnt have alot of power in this situation.
He can take away government mandated sick time. That would force some people back to work. Some would come back sick and we know the rest of the story.

Of course if it would help him get elected he would do the opposite.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Mostly the power to mislead and make people think and do stupid things.

Well, if people are stupid enough to inject themselves with whatever because Trump mentioned it, well...Murphy's law is working as designed.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Well, if people are stupid enough to inject themselves with whatever because Trump mentioned it, well...Murphy's law is working as designed.
Stupid people can infect the hard working medical professionals as easily as smart people.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Right. And in this case, it will come down to governors. POTUS doesnt have alot of power in this situation.

Lol. The president actually has a lot of power in this situation, it’s just that trump is so incompetent he doesn’t know how or even what to do.

Reactions: Muse

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Trump has lost his mind! We are in a midst of a pandemic. This makes sense. Lets have eveyone get together and celebrate Easter while we all get sick. Yea, who wants to get in on this?

I live at the shore in NJ. We get thousands of visitors. I highly doubt that we will be doing Easter Mr. Trump. Thank God this is a state decision, and not the decision from the feds.

You can't lose something you never had.

Reactions: dank69

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Lol. The president actually has a lot of power in this situation, it’s just that trump is so incompetent he doesn’t know how or even what to do.

Not when it comes to closures of businesses and regulations on movement. What he has the power to do primarily is coordinate response, deploy extra resources, etc.

Unfortunately he is super incompetent, super corrupt and so mentally ill that he's unable to view this as anything other than a personal problem for him so his response has been flailing and ineffective.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Just watched an interview with Biden on MSNBC. He can't for the life of him figure out why Trump has been so reluctant to use the Defense act. He said, Why can't he just act like a president."

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
He's also not at all happy about not being able to do his rallies. I think an exception should be made, where he and his aged followers are allowed to congregate at close quarters while everyone else remains quarantined.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

I would call that Darwin awards, some just win the prize much faster and more spectacularly than others, but nearly everyone gets burnt in end.