Discussion Trump voters have made a deal with Trump - so how do you win elections?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
would help if:
-running a better/ at least a smarter more likable candidate than Hillary Clinton. If you think about it.. a guy like Trump should have been very easy to beat. That being said .. I voted for Trump and if today was election day, I would vote for him again.. for me, the economy/jobs were an issue of highest priority and whether you like it or not Trump has delivered. I can live with some of the stupid things he says... just doesn't bother me as much as it does others

You are entitled to your opinion and you are free to be a fool. You are NOT voting for him because of the economy. You can try and bullshit us here and maybe even try and bullshit yourself but be honest... He has done NOTHING to help it and is effectively destroying the middle and lower classes...

You voted for and will continue to vote for a lifelong liberal who somehow continues to bullshit supposedly smart people into thinking he gives a shit about the liberal tears you crave... This is all about Trump and going down as the most "powerful man ever" in his mind... Keep fanning his narcissistic flames with you fanboi boners. You and those like you will not be remembered fondly when the history books you abhor are printed...

Last edited:
Reactions: nickqt

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
-
What specific policies from Trump suddenly made the economy boom (I'm not talking about sugar rush tax cuts for short term gains)? Was the economy slumping under Obama?
Has the trade war been a success?

reducing regulations helped
- not a policy... much of what he said on the campaign trail was pro business ( especially manufacturing) and that created a sentiment that I feel helped boost the economy
- tax cuts ( even though you dont want to hear it) helped too

* economy was growing under Obama too .. but I feel was greatly under performing, considering he added as much to the debt as all other previous administrations combined

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
-

- not a policy... much of what he said on the campaign trail was pro business ( especially manufacturing) and that created a sentiment that I feel helped boost the economy

* economy was growing under Obama too .. but I feel was greatly under performing, considering he added as much to the debt as all other previous administrations combined
Those are some impressive mental gymnastics.
-Sentiments only boost the economy until it's time to pay up. If everyone's still standing around with their dicks in their hands, it re-normalizes.
-Tax cuts will come due, and the lower/middle class will be the ones to pay up. This will result in a net negative for the 90%, you included.
-C- attempt at placing the increased debt on Obama rather than the two-decade long war we've been in as a result of the Bush administration.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
-

Somebody slap this man with a trout.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
If I have to choose between getting bent over a barrel and voting Democrat, I'll take the barrel every day and twice on Sunday.

Ya fuck those evil baby killers, everyone knows that they every child should be born so they can be treated like shit by half the country because they are lazy moochers.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
If you hate Trump you hate Trump. If you love Trump, then you Love Trump. Those people are entrenched, motivated, and will get out the vote to see their vision through.

A Dem candidate has to appeal to the suckers, the ones that bought Trump talking out of every side of his mouth in 2016 and now feel burned and burdened by his policies (Trade War with no overall strategy, potential War with Iran, immigration at the border and otherwise, the general tone of political conversation and discourse, etc).

I'd bet that these people are emotional thinkers and its will be important for a Dem candidate to connect with them on an emotional level, not simply on a rational or logical level, to bring them over. Otherwise they'll either sit at home, begrudgingly vote for Trump again, or just get suckered by Trump again and pull a "this time it'll be different". You see some of it in this thread with the Trump : President :: Economy : Good.

That's going to look weird to some of us, but we shouldn't let it turn us off from the Dem candidate. Right now, I think Warren has a solid track record of looking a beat down Trump voter in the eye, telling them that she cares, and most importantly having them believe her.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
-

LOL how much is the debt under Trump now with the tax cuts?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
-

It was under performing because the Republicans wanted it that way. Obama couldn't magically maneuver around the obstruction. They knew that poor economy = less support for party controlling presidency. The Republicans only care about consolidating power and the financial success of the elite.

Nonetheless, Obama's time wasn't that bad in regards to the deficit if we do a fair comparison.

https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803095655768

cyclically adjusted budget deficit

A calculation of what the government's budget deficit would be if the economy was at a normal level of activity. This is achieved by assuming that the rules and rates concerning spending and taxes are unchanged. As taxes are an increasing and government spending is a decreasing function of national income, during a slump in activity the cyclically adjusted budget deficit will be smaller than the actual, and an actual deficit may correspond to a cyclically adjusted budget surplus. Such adjustments usually do not take account of the probable effect of changing national income on the interest costs of government debt, nor do they take account of the fact that if the budget deficit is itself a target for government policy, a change in activity rates may be accompanied by discretionary changes in government tax and spending policies.

You are also giving too much credit to Trump and not interpreting what happened reasonably. It's mainly a copy & paste Obama budget with more military spending and tax cuts largely to the top. That tax cut is blowing the deficit up despite the economy being much better than the early Obama years.

This is what you're calling great under Trump which is being done with trillion dollar deficits in a good economy. Two things to note: He already started with a good economy, and the trend was essentially the same (linear) as Obama years.

_99660598_3-unempl-nc.png

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
What's the problem? "God" can't put their "soul" into the next baby to be born? Do you imagine a line of souls waiting to be conceived and when one is aborted God says "sorry, that was your one chance, loser"?

Couldn't you use this same example to justify killing anyone at all?

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016

It sounds like a good enough excuse for me, but then again I am a sociopath and don't really need an excuse to exterminate my fellow humans.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm not sure what rules apply. Do you believe in reincarnation?

All I care about is suffering. Someone suffering the knowledge that their life is ending, people suffering due to the loss of a loved one, things like that. Who suffers when a fertilized egg fails to implant in the uterus and is washed away? Who suffers when someone takes the morning after pill? Who suffers when a woman who does not want a baby is forced to have the baby anyway and then the child is raised by a mother who never wanted it and so treats it like trash during the formative years? Who suffers when a woman is denied access to legal abortion and so resorts to coat hangers in back alleys? You value life and so would be willing to increase human suffering by orders of magnitude. Most people capable of empathy find people like you to be monstrous.

Reactions: JD50

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
I'm not sure what you're arguing... Are you arguing that all life regardless of the amount of suffering entailed is worth experiencing? I'm very confused.

Don't bother he is one of those "Pro-lifers" that believe all babies should be born regardless of the situation they are born into. If the mother is poor and can't afford to take care of the child, tough shit kid you should have been born to rich parents. If the child will be born with defects that will make life impossible for the parents or child, also tough shit the woman shouldn't have gotten pregnant.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
-

Reducing regulations...so that companies can increase pollution of the environment, cause health issues, Wall street can give us Recession Part Deux, give drug and telecom companies free reign, car companies can go back to building 10mpg SUVs, etc. This is EXTREMELY short-sighted thinking.

What has his "pro business" talk led to in actual policies? The trade war has more than likely negated any positive sentiment-based boost to the economy.

I don't want to hear about the tax cuts because he ran up the debt massively to do it...who's gonna pay for that? Again, EXTREMELY short-sighted thinking.

Obama had a huge recession to deal with (hence the spending)...Trump is reaping the benefits of the fixes he put in place...but let's see how long it lasts when the sugar rush tax cuts fizzle out.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
I'm not sure what rules apply. Do you believe in reincarnation?

All I care about is suffering. Someone suffering the knowledge that their life is ending, people suffering due to the loss of a loved one, things like that. Who suffers when a fertilized egg fails to implant in the uterus and is washed away? Who suffers when someone takes the morning after pill? Who suffers when a woman who does not want a baby is forced to have the baby anyway and then the child is raised by a mother who never wanted it and so treats it like trash during the formative years? Who suffers when a woman is denied access to legal abortion and so resorts to coat hangers in back alleys? You value life and so would be willing to increase human suffering by orders of magnitude. Most people capable of empathy find people like you to be monstrous.

I agree these "people" are monstrous. It has to be pretty bad when someone who is an actual monster calls you out for being monstrous.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
What's the problem? "God" can't put their "soul" into the next baby to be born? Do you imagine a line of souls waiting to be conceived and when one is aborted God says "sorry, that was your one chance, loser"?

The only thing left for these false Christian ProBirth types like him... Creating unwanted born baby toilet paper to wipe their pseudo-pious asses with... The policies they champion once born virtually assures misery for these babies they 'love' so much... They get in line to vote for people who punish their parents at every turn. Take away housing, education, FOOD...

They ask why we don't have a family of illegal immigrants in our basements... Why don't they have a couple litters of unwanted babies?

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
The only thing left for these false Christian ProBirth types like him... Creating unwanted born baby toilet paper to wipe their pseudo-pious asses with... The policies they champion once born virtually assures misery for these babies they 'love' so much... They get in line to vote for people who punish their parents at every turn. Take away housing, education, FOOD...

They ask why we don't have a family of illegal immigrants in our basements... Why don't they have a couple litters of unwanted babies?

They don't want to take care of unwanted babies, the woman shouldn't have gotten pregnant if she didn't want a baby (because women can control when they get pregnant /s). If she can't care for it just drop it off at the hospital so that the child can go into the foster care system for adoption (ignore the thousands of unwanted kids in the foster care system). If we continue to allow abortions the south and mid-west will keep being destroyed by Gawd (ignore the fact that tornadoes are spawned because of a clash between hot and cold air).

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Ya fuck those evil baby killers, everyone knows that they every child should be born so they can be treated like shit by half the country because they are lazy moochers.

Never, ever, give Atreus21 any excuse to make a thread about abortion. You know better.