Trump up to 50% approval with Hispanic voters.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I picked one source Politico because they are the most legitimate of the 3. No where in the story did they confirm Trump is 50% approval with Hispanics.

As usual the OP pulling bullshit out of his ass.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
All the puffery is interesting. Dunno about Florida's native Cubans, but it's pretty obvious to latinos around here that if you look like a Mexican then TrumpCo will treat you like a Mexican, and that's not good. He even pardoned Arpaio, the original "Papers, Please, you brown motherfuckers" guy.

And who could forget this?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...ge-mexican-trump-university-case-lead-sot.cnn

The judge ony ruled against the nefarious scam of Trump U because he's a Mexican & because Trump wants to build the Wall. Not because Trump is a sleazy scammer. Couldn't be!

I've seen some pretty racist latino's and Latino's have met and deal with some pretty racist Latinos. A lot of it is skin color and machismo. I'd put the % about 25-30% on average.

Overall I think Trump won in 2016 because he got voters who were pissed off at Hillary, not because he got more latinos.

I may be wrong but I also see how the GOP treats AOC becoming more of a problem for them, how they mock her at every turn.

AOC is the future, not Trump.. imo.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I've seen some pretty racist latino's and Latino's have met and deal with some pretty racist Latinos. A lot of it is skin color and machismo. I'd put the % about 25-30% on average.

Overall I think Trump won in 2016 because he got voters who were pissed off at Hillary, not because he got more latinos.

I may be wrong but I also see how the GOP treats AOC becoming more of a problem for them, how they mock her at every turn.

The GOP knows this too.. this is why they have no problem with running your democracy into the ground, cause it is the only way they get to hold onto power. You can bet your everything that they are going for that endgame. Right now.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Oh, so you think if you keep saying the left is the real racists that people will forget that your party supports actual nazis, the KKK, and fascists the world over? They will ignore that Republicans that has almost no members that are not old white men, fights for discriminatory policy like muslim bans, bathroom bills, Conversion therapy, and grabbing them by the pussy?
You think they will overlook that your party keeps undermining the few protections that Democrats have managed to create to keep you from producing with the genocide you so obviously want? You think they will not realize that MAGA is really Make America White Again? That they don't know what you mean by great? That they don't know that slavery is what you really feel made America great?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Donny is pushing his base away from the world of the real, world of facts, cause if your reality is fiction and he is the narrator, he can do what the hell a psychopath gets to do when he/she is running unchecked.
Slow will take a full frontal load in the hopes that some of it may splash onward to a dem. That is how sad he is. Pity the fool.

Not only that, but Trump is the dems and MSMs pied piper. They spend so much time chasing after him and talking about him that they are not properly focusing on the election next year.

I noticed that one of my neighbors put up a new American flag in front of his house but it looked different. It took me a few seconds to figure out what is was because it was wrinkled.
Trump-Making-America-Great-3x5-Flag__31189.1534987213.jpg

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004

That's generally my observation based on Trumpies I've heard talk about it.

"Hillary is sooooo dishonest!" "You get those Clintons into the White House -- there'll be more corruption than you can believe!" "I didn't like Hillary, so I voted for Trump."

This derives from an attitude that government is like a smorgasbord, and you should have a smorgasbord of choices. "I'd like a lot more defense spending, a lot less food stamps -- give me some environmental de-regulation on the side -- I need a bigger farm subsidy." As if any single candidate will reflect a particular smorgasbord preference. And if you have to choose between Satan-Beelzebub and a woman tainted by National Inquirer shit or even a dirty asshole sandwich -- pick Satan-Beelzebub.

Some people should try serving on a condominium board or other volunteer democratic body. Most of the voting can be routine unanimity. And the reason this is so comes from the fact that everybody wants the common-sense and prudent solution, unless there are two or three of them. In that case, the matter is debated; the best solution always gets a landslide majority. They don't vote and take a position just so they can win.

The cable-TV, the internet, social media -- they have all contributed to information overload for at least some part of the population. A culture of narcissism contributes to people thinking they always get great choices to pick from, or that those choices are somehow part of a smorgasbord.

The Founders originally didn't want people like that 40% to have a significant democratic influence. All the reforms giving people more participation and a chance at "choices" occurred long after the Constitutional Convention.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Oh good, another in the endless series of 'Trump approval rating increasing!' threads by Spidey!

McLaughlin and Associates is a right wing advocacy pollster with an abominable track record and clear, comical partisan bias. By all means go check out their website:

http://mclaughlinonline.com/

Here's a fun article they have posted that shows they aren't just partisan, they are incompetent - this is literally the exact same reasoning that the 'unskewed polls' guy used in 2012 that led to his hilarious failure.

http://mclaughlinonline.com/2017/09/21/bombthrowers-com-mainstream-political-polls-commit-fraud/

The percentage of Democrats and Republicans should not be equal in a poll as it is an OUTPUT, not an INPUT. Only morons think this.

Here's a poll by a real, objective, scientific pollster. It puts Trump's approval among Hispanics at 34%. His total approval among Hispanics combined is less than those who 'strongly disapprove' of him alone.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.n...ent/lb192ih519/tabs_Trump_Tweets_20190409.pdf
But they received a 50% result in an opinion poll! (by ensuring beforehand that 50% of the sampling was already of that opinion).

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I think a serious and accurate poll with an objective to obtain accurate results would be to take a population of exclusively Latino voters. Then, use proportional allocation to stratify the sample by items like income, urban vs rural, state etc. You could even do interpenetrating samples with proportional sampling or the Neyman method -- whichever it is.

And I can tell anyone, from the Latinos I know, the Latinos I've seen in focus groups on TV, and general perceptions that it wouldn't show 50% of them for Trump.

What you might EXPECT is that the percentage would be lower than the general population -- as a group for whom part of them are under fire and scrutiny, and a perception that Trump is an anti-Latino bigot. So it would be less than the general Trump supporting population as a whole. Maybe even considerably less.

But let the sampling and the survey prove it. And don't hand me a poll result for which the sampling was driven by the desire for a specific outcome.

That's not professional, scientific statistical practice. That's propaganda masquerading as such.

Another reason the nation should tell Rupert Murdoch to take his FOX channels, go back to Australia, and go f*** himself.