Trump tweets about cutting California off from FEMA funds to fight forest fires, deletes tweet, still withholding funds

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Two articles that tell one tale; the worst President of the United States of all time had briefly tweeted about cutting California off from FEMA funds to fight fires. He's now deleted that tweet, but clearly has instituted a quiet policy of withholding those funds, which has not gone unnoticed. He is utter scum.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday issued a bizarre proclamation that he has permanently ordered the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to stop sending California money to help beat forest fires unless they adopt his widely panned plan to prevent fires by raking leaves.​
“Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forrest (sic) fires that, with proper Forrest (sic) Management, would never happen,” the president wrote. “Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives and money!”​
Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forrest fires that, with proper Forrest Management, would never happen. Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!​
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 9, 2019​
Late last year, Trump claimed that Finnish President Sauli Niinistö told him that raking leaves in forests was the key to his country’s success in preventing forest fires, although Niinistö has denied he ever told Trump anything about raking.​

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Needs emergency Wall money. At the expense of burning down one of the most important States in the nation.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
I think this is where we remind ourselves that most of the area that got burned in the latest significant fire was Federal forest land. This isn't particularly unusual either. However, it should be pointed out that facts and reality no longer matter. Talking points and sound bites rule the day. So, I've got a question... I'm only 31. Has it always been this way? This feels embarrassing, but I'd like to know if this is just par for the course.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Wrong on the facts, can't spell the word "forest" and completely spiteful.

Petty and stupid are unfortunate characteristics for the POTUS.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Trump abandoning the last pockets of CA GOP support is a hell of a thing, also that many of the GOP people repping those parts of the state don't care if he does. Newsom is smart to draw attention to any neglect.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I think this is where we remind ourselves that most of the area that got burned in the latest significant fire was Federal forest land. This isn't particularly unusual either. However, it should be pointed out that facts and reality no longer matter. Talking points and sound bites rule the day. So, I've got a question... I'm only 31. Has it always been this way? This feels embarrassing, but I'd like to know if this is just par for the course.
No it wasn’t always like this. Limbaugh is in many ways the start of this trend.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Okay, so stepping back a generation there was no Fox News. Republican Presidents (and their voters) would have to face a hostile media if they tried any BS. They were kept in check by the "facts". There was no comfort station to hide behind. Plus, without so much partisanship as we have today, stations like CNN may have coddled Bill Clinton to some degree, but not nearly as much as the party affiliated stations we have today. People were more willing to think for themselves, judge policies, and not hide behind parties.

Unfortunately, what we see today is that people do not have, and do not want, the facts necessary to think critically.

I imagine two primary factors for this development. 1: Trickle down has eroded our people's finances to the point where they don't have the time or energy to worry about politics. Least not with substantive thoughts. 2: Modern communication is a plague upon the human mind, rendering it ineffective amidst too much noise, and very little signal. We are overworked and oversaturated.

No attempt at maintaining an educated population will overcome our hostile living environment. We are sick, and the public largely has no idea why.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Two articles that tell one tale; the worst President of the United States of all time had briefly tweeted about cutting California off from FEMA funds to fight fires. He's now deleted that tweet, but clearly has instituted a quiet policy of withholding those funds, which has not gone unnoticed. He is utter scum.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday issued a bizarre proclamation that he has permanently ordered the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to stop sending California money to help beat forest fires unless they adopt his widely panned plan to prevent fires by raking leaves.​
“Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forrest (sic) fires that, with proper Forrest (sic) Management, would never happen,” the president wrote. “Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives and money!”​
Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forrest fires that, with proper Forrest Management, would never happen. Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!​
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 9, 2019​
Late last year, Trump claimed that Finnish President Sauli Niinistö told him that raking leaves in forests was the key to his country’s success in preventing forest fires, although Niinistö has denied he ever told Trump anything about raking.​
Very Easy Fix.

California will suspend submission of all federal income taxes until FEMA funds restored. I bet California will end up with 10 times the money they would have gotten out of FEMA.

Last edited:

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
Okay, so stepping back a generation there was no Fox News. Republican Presidents (and their voters) would have to face a hostile media if they tried any BS. They were kept in check by the "facts". There was no comfort station to hide behind. Plus, without so much partisanship as we have today, stations like CNN may have coddled Bill Clinton to some degree, but not nearly as much as the party affiliated stations we have today. People were more willing to think for themselves, judge policies, and not hide behind parties.

Unfortunately, what we see today is that people do not have, and do not want, the facts necessary to think critically.

I imagine two primary factors for this development. 1: Trickle down has eroded our people's finances to the point where they don't have the time or energy to worry about politics. Least not with substantive thoughts. 2: Modern communication is a plague upon the human mind, rendering it ineffective amidst too much noise, and very little signal. We are overworked and oversaturated.

No attempt at maintaining an educated population will overcome our hostile living environment. We are sick, and the public largely has no idea why.

Thank you. I feel a little vindicated in how I approach things. One example: the recent tax "reforms" passed by Congress. Agree with them or not, you can't deny that the GOP tried to railroad them through. They tried to do this multiple times before what should be a critical step, waiting for the independent CBO to weigh in with their projections. It seems like we have transcended political differences into a Jerry Springer type environment. That is why I disdain Trump. Conservatives would want you to believe I'm just being biased because I disagree with him politically. However, just look at his own words while he declared a national emergency, "I didn't have to do this." He is subverting Congress to build a monument to bigotry and stupidity. Finally, this isn't off topic being that Trump wants to divert funds designed to address real problems for his stupid god damned mother fucking wall that won't even fucking work. Embarrassing.