Trump Treasury relaxes sanctions on KGB (FSB) personnel

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
He's doing all the stuff he promised to do. His core supporters don't mind one bit & they're the people who vote in Repub primaries. He has the Repub leadership right by their teahadi balls.

There have been many, many times over the last 20+ years that people have tried to tell that leadership to quit making people crazy with bullshit & emotionally charged wedge issues. To speak the Truth. Quit trying to rig the game & embrace honest democracy. Quit being so greedy. They paid it no mind, believing foolishly that they'd always be able to control it. They actually damaged the ability to think straight for all too many people & have exploited it ruthlessly.

That's not the way the world works. When the base for a leader cult is established then a potential cult leader will see it & lead it. That's Trump. He's just more ruthless than they are.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
So why isn't MSM going ballistic over this easing of a sanction?
It appears to be a pretty wonky/technical change; I don't think most reporters know how to treat it either. I'm actually reading on Twitter it might not be a big deal at all?

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Why aren't you going ballistic over it?
It appears the adjustment is meant to help companies like Microsoft do business in Russia, FSB also handles Customs. But I guess I should say screw them or any other information technology company that does business with Russia.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/02/us-t...ons-against-russian-intelligence-service.html

The Treasury Department said it will allow American companies to make limited transactions with the FSB, the successor to the KGB, if it needs them to get approval to import or distribute technology products in Russia. The exception will also apply to situations in which companies need to comply with rules administered by the FSB.

The implications of the move were not immediately clear, but the U.S. has taken similar steps in the past to help businesses avoid unintended consequences on cross-border transactions.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It appears the adjustment is meant to help companies like Microsoft do business in Russia, FSB also handles Customs. But I guess I should say screw them or any other information technology company that does business with Russia.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/02/us-t...ons-against-russian-intelligence-service.html

Gotta love the way that the White House tries to normalize the situation that exists in the first place, Russian hacking & disclosures that helped put them in office, also Russian actions in Ukraine & Syria as well.

Hey, let's just forget all that & see how much money we can make, OK?

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Shush with your logic here, we need to immediately get the pitchforks and go into outrage mode without even understanding what we're talking about, for the simple fact that it's Trump doing this dammit!!1!11!#@

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So why isn't MSM going ballistic over this easing of a sanction?

Because they want to determine first if there is reason to be concerned or not. Actually somewhat surprising that fake news outlets like CNN haven't jumped all over it.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Now the real reason why there's no outrage over the easing of the sanctions.

From appleapple.top

US sanctions against the Federal security service of Russia (FSB) could affect the import of iPhone and iPad. It will affect any devices with encryption because the FSB is responsible for the permission to import technology. Among such devices, not only smartphones and tablets, but even wireless mice.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
So, uhh, you didn't double down before but you are now?
Wow, aren't we important and think everyone that posts in here is posting to you.

As we can see now a company that heavily supports the Democrat party was hurt by the sanctions and why Democratic Congressmen, Senators, and talking heads aren't losing their minds over this slight tweak to the sanctions.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Wow, aren't we important and think everyone that posts in here is posting to you.

As we can see now a company that heavily supports the Democrat party was hurt by the sanctions and why Democratic Congressmen, Senators, and talking heads aren't losing their minds over this slight tweak to the sanctions.

I quoted you & your next post was immediately below my own. It related directly to what I offered.

With Tillerson at State, this is likely the beginning of a big round of forgive & forget on our part. Where's Hillary's reset button? Maybe it'll work better with Vlad further up our ass in Ukraine & Syria...

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I quoted you & your next post was immediately below my own. It related directly to what I offered.

With Tillerson at State, this is likely the beginning of a big round of forgive & forget on our part. Where's Hillary's reset button? Maybe it'll work better with Vlad further up our ass in Ukraine & Syria...
Yes, let's not forget this easing of sanctions helps a major Democratic donor....Apple. What are your Democrats saying about this? Are they outraged?