Trump to military 'You’re a bunch of dopes and babies' 'You’re all losers' 'You don’t know how to win anymore.'

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
the biggest thing here is trump made it ok to assassinate high level officials. Im sure all of the high level officials love living in this new reality.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
the biggest thing here is trump made it ok to assassinate high level officials. Im sure all of the high level officials love living in this new reality.
Israel does things like this, maybe not high level officials, though. But they probably figured taking out that guy would be suicidal. The US is nowhere near as vulnerable. Trump's judgement here is suspect to say the least. We were on the brink of a very nasty war. I still suspect there were US deaths in that missile barrage and that they kept it quiet somehow. Many of those head injuries victims are not on duty now. How bad are they? AFAIK, they're not saying.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
A lot of TBIs are just short-term, though of course I don't have the details here. What I find baffling is what assignments on the base required some of the personnel to be sitting ducks (i.e. not going into the bunkers) despite a 2 hour warning? Is that a stupid question or what?

Perimeter security must be maintained. Iran could have faked the rocket attack as cover for saboteurs or an assault by mechanized militiamen.

Ain Assad is a shithole assignment in the middle of fucking nowhere, anyway, so I wouldn't blame any of them for faking it a little to spend some time in the Green Zone in Baghdad.