Trump to hold convention speech in Jacksonville on the 60th anniversary where KKK attacked black activists known as ax handle Sunday

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yet another dog whistle to Trump's racist base. How do you motherfuckers continue to claim Trump and Republicans aren't racist?
President Trump’s planned convention speech in Jacksonville, Florida, on Aug. 27 falls on the city’s 60th anniversary of a brutal KKK-orchestrated attack on black activists known as “Ax Handle Saturday.” According to the Florida Historical Society, hundreds of members of a white mob chased the activists throughout downtown Jacksonville and beat them with bats and ax handles. In confirming Jacksonville as the location of the Republican National Convention on Thursday, RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said the state of Florida holds a “special place” in Trump’s heart, but it wasn’t clear if Republican officials were aware of the historical significance of the date. Trump has been accused of giving a nod to white nationalists with his choice of setting for another upcoming event, however.

Let's be clear, there is no fucking way Trump's people don;t know the significance of this location and date. I bet Steven Miller has a calendar with these dates and locations highlighted. This is why Jacksonville holds a "special place" in Trump's heart.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
yeah, every damn racial thing that this admin does is from the hands of Steven Miller, and it's intent is always completely clear to the people that they want it to be clear to:

--the very fine people white supremacists that seem to make up the majority of Trump's inflexible base
--the minorities that these events and speeches are specifically meant to antagonize.

I don't care you who are: Trump supporter or Trump-hating republican or confused "conservative" that "really wishes Trump wouldn't talk so much," these are orchestrated events. Their intent is plain.
If you are the type that finds yourself trying to defend such actions in any way, then you are part of the problem. Full stop.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
yeah, every damn racial thing that this admin does is from the hands of Steven Miller, and it's intent is always completely clear to the people that they want it to be clear to:

--the very fine people white supremacists that seem to make up the majority of Trump's inflexible base
--the minorities that these events and speeches are specifically meant to antagonize.

I don't care you who are: Trump supporter or Trump-hating republican or confused "conservative" that "really wishes Trump wouldn't talk so much," these are orchestrated events. Their intent is plain.
If you are the type that finds yourself trying to defend such actions in any way, then you are part of the problem. Full stop.

I'm sick of the, "Well, I support his economic policies so I just have to look the other way on social issues" crowd. Unfortunately, indirectly supporting piece of shit policies still makes you a piece of shit.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I don't think there is a date on the calendar where some racial stuff didn't happen in America.
The more relevant thing to me is that it's in an indoor facility that is closed to all other events until end of July, but is letting Trump host his COVID party.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don't think there is a date on the calendar where some racial stuff didn't happen in America.
The more relevant thing to me is that it's in an indoor facility that is closed to all other events until end of July, but is letting Trump host his COVID party.
There are plenty of times where the exact date AND exact city didn't involve blacks getting brutilized by this country. This was intentional by Trump.

What next? Let's find the date and location where Emmett Till was murdered, call up a bunch of racist rednecks and have another rally over Emmett's grave?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
He's having a rally in Oklahoma because it's not going to be close in November, so he doesn't have to worry about COVID killing off his supporters.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'm sick of the, "Well, I support his economic policies so I just have to look the other way on social issues" crowd. Unfortunately, indirectly supporting piece of shit policies still makes you a piece of shit.

The evangelicals that helped Trump get elected must be A-OK with his racist words and deeds because as far as I've been aware of, as a religious group I haven't heard a peep out of them criticizing Trump in this regard as well as expressing disapproval of all of those other despicable criminal things Trump has done since taking office. You'd think their religious convictions of which Trump has trampled on time after time would have provoked at least a few words of admonition from them.

Their silence is deafening and indicative of their ongoing support of his divisive blatantly criminal behavior.

Jan 25, 2011
Looks like they might be looking for yet another location if the situation in Florida doesn't improve in 2 months.

Remember that the campaign demanded no limits to crowd size, no social distancing requirements and no masks.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Or the other reason is that America history of racist acts against black people are so numerous, it's hard to pick a date where something like this did not happen.

Reactions: tweaker2