Trump to go after "voter fraud" . . . by his staff

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...f-voter-fraud/ar-AAmeM2p?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Trump: "going after VOTER FRAUD, including those registered to vote in two states ..."

"Stephen Bannon registered to vote in New York . . . . Bannon, however, also remains registered to vote in Florida, according to state records."

Lock him up! ;)

Note, from the article: It is not in itself illegal to be registered to vote in two states. It would be illegal to cast ballots in two different states.

So Trump accusing his own staff member of VOTER FRAUD is another example of "alternative facts."

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
How dare you hold the more equal for crimes they have committed! I am sure you have jaywalked or littered in your life time and are just as much a criminal as they are.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
by his staff . . and his own family! No wonder he "knows" VOTER FRAUD is everywhere!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...in-two-states/ar-AAmhpvk?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

"Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and one of his closest White House advisers, is registered to vote in both New Jersey and New York . . . .
With Kushner, The Washington Post has now identified four Trump family members or top administration appointees who were registered in two states during last fall's election. The others are chief White House strategist Stephen K. Bannon; Tiffany Trump, the president's youngest daughter; and Treasury Secretary nominee Steven Mnuchin"

LOCK 'EM UP! LOCK 'EM UP! ;)

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
It's funny, I posted it in another thread and it's the definition of irony.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
It's funny, I posted it in another thread and it's the definition of irony.

I'd say it's the definition of spin. I won't claim it's always easy to understand what Trump is talking about. However in this case it's voting fraud by registering and voting in multiple places. This has been confirmed to exist:

Channel 4 found Parker serving probation in Spring Hill. He declined to speak on camera, but said he voted in three states because he wanted to elect local leaders in each. He felt he should be able to vote where he owns property and pays taxes.

“I think the concern with that is that it was a presidential election that occurred in 2012,” Helper said. “The assumption would be that he voted for president in more than one location.”

Parker was also convicted in North Carolina. Even though the convictions are low-level felonies, he has now lost the right to vote anywhere.

Tennessee law is clear that residents can only vote once during an election.
http://myfox8.com/2015/12/04/man-convicted-after-voting-in-3-states-including-nc-in-same-election/

Those of us, which is likely the vast majority, who have moved from one state to another (or even different counties in the same state) are likely registered in numerous states (or counties). I have posted about this before: voter rolls are mostly garbage and most election boards publicly refuse to correct them.

It's odd that people who are so certain voter fraud doesn't exist are so adamantly opposed to verifying it.

Fern

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'd say it's the definition of spin. I won't claim it's always easy to understand what Trump is talking about. However in this case it's voting fraud by registering and voting in multiple places. This has been confirmed to exist:

http://myfox8.com/2015/12/04/man-convicted-after-voting-in-3-states-including-nc-in-same-election/

Those of us, which is likely the vast majority, who have moved from one state to another (or even different counties in the same state) are likely registered in numerous states (or counties). I have posted about this before: voter rolls are mostly garbage and most election boards publicly refuse to correct them.

It's odd that people who are so certain voter fraud doesn't exist are so adamantly opposed to verifying it.

Fern

Who would that be?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Fern

No one has doubted the existence of actual voter fraud. It's a question of scale. In any election where 130,000,000 people vote, a few cases of fraud are irrelevant. Trump has claimed that there were actually millions of illegal votes cast - all for Clinton - in this election. That is a very specific allegation, and it is one made with zero evidence to back it up. Yet you're here trying to use an anecdote to prove an alleged massive trend that could actually shift the outcome of an election. Donald Trump is lying, and your anecdotes and straw mannery only prove otherwise to those who are foolish or delusional.

Reactions: bshole

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

Fern

Apparently the Trump campaign's lawyers thought there was no voter fraud. In court filings submitted in an effort to block recount efforts by Green Party candidate Jill Stein in Michigan and Pennsylvania, attorneys for the president-elect stated unequivocally that there was, in fact, no evidence that any voter fraud had occurred.

The most direct statement was made in the Trump campaign's filing in Michigan. "On what basis does Stein seek to disenfranchise Michigan citizens? None really, save for speculation," it reads. "All available evidence suggests that the 2016 general election was not tainted by fraud or mistake."

And how about GW Bush's Justice Dept. multi-year investigation into voter fraud...how'd that turn out? Out of millions upon millions of votes cast, last number I saw was 86 convicted for voter fraud. (The investigation began in 2002, and as of 2007, 86 out of 120 that were charged had been convicted.)

Voter ID at the polls is designed for pretty much one thing: people showing up at the polls pretending to be somebody else in order to each cast one incremental fake ballot. This is a slow, clunky way to steal an election, which is why it rarely happens.

Most current ID laws aren’t designed to stop fraud with absentee ballots, or vote buying, or coercion, or fake registration forms, or voting from the wrong address, or ballot box stuffing by officials in on the scam.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Fern

You have it all wrong, people are certain voter fraud doesn't exist because we HAVE looked to verify it and found nothing.

Some of us are just willing to accept evidence while others are not.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Trump argument bolstered: Clinton received 800,000 votes from noncitizens, study finds

10 times the 80k swing state votes that decided the 2016 election.

Tucked inside the lengthy questionnaire is a question on citizenship status: A significant number of respondents anonymously acknowledged they were not citizens when they voted.

Three professors at Old Dominion University — Mr. Richman, Gulshan A. Chattha and David C. Earnest — took these answers, did further research and extrapolated that of a 19.4 million estimate of adult noncitizens, about 620,000 were illegally registered to vote in the 2008 presidential election. Using other measuring tools, they said, the actual number of noncitizen voters could be as low as 38,000 and as high as 2.8 million.

Proof not found.

I imagine the Professors were paid while doing their educated "guesstimates" of the anonymous poll.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump argument bolstered: Clinton received 800,000 votes from noncitizens, study finds

10 times the 80k swing state votes that decided the 2016 election.

This is a highly dishonest article and the author should be ashamed of himself. There is no mention in that article that this study has already been widely debunked for making basic statistical errors. Then again it's the Washington Times, which is not a reputable source.

Basically, the population they are basing this estimate on was such a small proportion of the sample that even if .01% of respondents just checked the wrong box on the survey you could easily get the results of this study. The distribution and type of errors found make this almost certainly the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-research-hes-citing/?utm_term=.b1c643bfea4a

We argue that the findings in the Richman et al. article can be entirely explained by measurement error. Specifically, survey respondents occasionally select the incorrect response to a question merely by accident.

In 2012, we re-interviewed 19,000 respondents who had originally taken the CCES survey in 2010. We asked about a respondent’s citizenship status in both 2010 and 2012. A very large fraction (99.25 percent) of respondents indicated that they were citizens in both waves of the survey. Only 85 respondents said they were non-citizens in both waves.

But the remaining 56 respondents actually changed their response between 2010 and 2012 — including 20 who responded that they were citizens in 2010 but non-citizens in 2012, a highly unrealistic change.

Thus, it appears as though about 0.1-0.3 percent of respondents are citizens who incorrectly identify themselves as non-citizens in the survey. With a sample size of 19,000, even this low rate of error can result in a number of responses that appear notable when they are not. The mistake that Richman and his colleagues made was to isolate this small portion of the sample and extrapolate from it as if it were representative of some larger population.

Given the extremely low rate of voting among purported “non-citizens” described in the Richman et al. article, it is almost certainly the case that all of the non-citizen voters that they report are actually citizen voters who simply clicked the wrong box on the survey.

Indeed, especially telling is this: Of the 85 respondents who said they were non-citizens in both 2010 and 2012, there was not a single voter. In other words, among the group of respondents who we can actually be confident are non-citizens, none voted.

Thus the best estimate of the percentage of non-citizens who vote is zero.

Jan 25, 2011

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
This is my favorite Trump exchange about voter fraud:

Muir: You say you’re going to launch an investigation into (voter fraud).

Trump: Sure. Done.

What you have presented so far has been debunked. It’s been called false —

No it hasn’t. Take a look at the Pew report.

I called the author of the Pew report last night. He told me they found no evidence of voter fraud.

Really? Then why did he write the report?

He said no evidence of voter fraud.

Excuse me. Then why did he write the report? Look at the Pew Report. Then he’s groveling again. You know, I always talk about the reporters that grovel when they wanna write something you wanna hear. But not necessarily millions of people want to hear, or have to hear

http://www.mediaite.com/online/why-...e-with-abcs-david-muir-on-voter-fraud-claims/

Jan 25, 2011
This is a highly dishonest article and the author should be ashamed of himself. There is no mention in that article that this study has already been widely debunked for making basic statistical errors. Then again it's the Washington Times, which is not a reputable source.

Basically, the population they are basing this estimate on was such a small proportion of the sample that even if .01% of respondents just checked the wrong box on the survey you could easily get the results of this study. The distribution and type of errors found make this almost certainly the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-research-hes-citing/?utm_term=.b1c643bfea4a
This happened in the Harvard study from 2012. They stated that a number of their respondents had incorrectly selected non-citizen do to error which severely impacted the result. I didn't look to see if some of this data was used on the linked information today.

Mandres

Jun 8, 2011
It sounds completely nonsensical to rely on self-reported questionnaire data to draw conclusions like this. Why would someone who voted illegally admit it on a survey? What about the confusion/accidentally-clicked-the-wrong-box factor? This is total junk science.

Real research would involve independently verifying the citizenship status of a sample of actual voters, based on their signatures in the poll-book.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Update: Trump has his PROOF of Voter Fraud! Someone he likes SAID SO! All we need to know!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...d-in-3-states/ar-AAmqvvv?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

(Gregg Phillips, whose unsubstantiated claim that the election was marred by 3 million illegal votes was tweeted by the president, was listed on the rolls in Alabama, Texas and Mississippi.)

"Shortly after Phillips appeared on CNN on Friday, Trump tweeted: "Look forward to seeing the final results of VoteStand. Gregg Phillips and crew say at least 3,000,000 votes were illegal. We must do better!""

"On Friday, Phillips tweeted that the conservative group "will lead the analysis" of widespread voter fraud, and suggested in a CNN interview that it might release the underlying data in a few months."

There you go! In just a few months, maybe, we might have some evidence that could show possibly as many as 3 million false votes happened, for real! PROOF!

Dec 10, 2005

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
What if he discovered that Voter Fraud actually won him the EC? :colbert:

Trump and his buddy consorts are pathological liars. If they discover that this alleged voter fraud would have benefited Trump instead, we would of course never learn this. Instead, we'd hear some carefully crafted story stating the exact opposite. I don't trust this admin for one single word.

** Add/Edit **

The current focus of the liars on these alleged 3 millions who "voted illegally" is a classic move done by a sociopath. Taking a truth, turn it around and claim the opposite. And of course it serves as distraction. People are now concerning themselves with a fantasy "voter fraud", rather than that 3 millions more didn't actually vote for him.