Trump to Drop Call for Medicare to Negotiate Lower Drug Prices

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I don’t know, I enjoy his meltdowns. The one the other day where he was so wrapped up in not admitting error that he claimed a poll showing a majority of people thought the news was fair to Trump was evidence that a majority of people thought the news was unfair to Trump was pretty funny.

Plus he claims to not have voted for Trump. Lol.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
There is also that instance where you know beforehand that someone is out of reach to you but you still do not think the statement should go uncontested, thereby the reply is not for, say DSF or pcgeek, but whomever else may accidentally stumble upon their vile crap.
I stumbled on ivwshane’s post and liked tha logic but wanted to point out to him and others that the tone subtracted from it and that believing that to be factual did not want it going uncontested.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I stumbled on ivwshane’s post and liked tha logic but wanted to point out to him and others that the tone subtracted from it and that believing that to be factual did not want it going uncontested.

I agree with you. When I read similar posts from others I get put off by it but then I remember the level of frustration they must be feeling and just focus on the points they are making.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Glad you got my point.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Plus he claims to not have voted for Trump. Lol.
I picked your post as the easiest way to approach my own personal take, defense, if you like, of DSF, as I have a completely different take on where he is coming from. For example, I take him at his word. Unlike you who magically knows he lied about his vote, I have no idea about who he voted for but believe he didn’t because that is how I judge his character. I see him completely differently than you do and how most others who challenge him do.

I believe his major point is to say to liberals in particular that they argue fron unconscious assumptions they don’t see and are incorrect and you liberals see in that personal attack. I am no longer interested in such cross purpose debate. He is saying one thing and liberals react to that without ever seeing his point and I don’t care because for me it’s conservatives doing that that is my issue. For me the present existential danger to the country is caused by conservative blindness. I address liberal blindness when they don’t get the relevance of message, when they think the problem is that conservatives are stupid. That is how donkeys think, stupid projected. Fear if being irrational. Fear of losing the smartness race.

So having come to the conclusion that the arguments that DSF generates have validity that is completely missed, but generate instead these long and emotional attacks, and all to a purpose where he has a point but one I’m not into making due to temporal relevance, I no longer focus on back and forth with him. I have explained to him that he wants me to see my bias and I want him to see his, and that I think he should go first but he wants me to do so first because, we’ll, that’s how we are.

So for me anybody who can see liberals acting on unconscious motivations can do so only as a result of personal character and would never vote for Trump. I have to ask myself if I believe you guys about DSF or if I trust myself. I trust myself, sorry, but since I have turned my attention away for some time now and for other reasons, too, I could be wrong. I do have a moral preference to seeing more in people than might presently be warrented, as opposed to what I would regard as a sin to undervalue them, and I believe also that the need to ridicule and shame others is a projection of what we have personally experienced. I may want that unconsciously but that would only make me deserving of my own self contempt.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Right after a foreign drug company which is also accused of bribery in China and Greece gave $1.2M to his lawyer.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I agree with you. When I read similar posts from others I get put off by it but then I remember the level of frustration they must be feeling and just focus on the points they are making.
It is when we are tested our real character is revealed. Failure builds frustration and dissatisfaction with the self. If you see the deleterious effects of frustration on others then you can see that venting your own adds to someone else’s. First we need to see a problem and then abandon the guilt we feel for having it. The guilt makes everything worse, in my opinion. The soul wants to fly and shame is natural, but guilt is a load of shit.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I picked your post as the easiest way to approach my own personal take, defense, if you like, of DSF, as I have a completely different take on where he is coming from. For example, I take him at his word. Unlike you who magically knows he lied about his vote, I have no idea about who he voted for but believe he didn’t because that is how I judge his character. I see him completely differently than you do and how most others who challenge him do.

I believe his major point is to say to liberals in particular that they argue fron unconscious assumptions they don’t see and are incorrect and you liberals see in that personal attack. I am no longer interested in such cross purpose debate. He is saying one thing and liberals react to that without ever seeing his point and I don’t care because for me it’s conservatives doing that that is my issue. For me the present existential danger to the country is caused by conservative blindness. I address liberal blindness when they don’t get the relevance of message, when they think the problem is that conservatives are stupid. That is how donkeys think, stupid projected. Fear if being irrational. Fear of losing the smartness race.

So having come to the conclusion that the arguments that DSF generates have validity that is completely missed, but generate instead these long and emotional attacks, and all to a purpose where he has a point but one I’m not into making due to temporal relevance, I no longer focus on back and forth with him. I have explained to him that he wants me to see my bias and I want him to see his, and that I think he should go first but he wants me to do so first because, we’ll, that’s how we are.

So for me anybody who can see liberals acting on unconscious motivations can do so only as a result of personal character and would never vote for Trump. I have to ask myself if I believe you guys about DSF or if I trust myself. I trust myself, sorry, but since I have turned my attention away for some time now and for other reasons, too, I could be wrong. I do have a moral preference to seeing more in people than might presently be warrented, as opposed to what I would regard as a sin to undervalue them, and I believe also that the need to ridicule and shame others is a projection of what we have personally experienced. I may want that unconsciously but that would only make me deserving of my own self contempt.

And my interpretation of DSF is that he is not here to debate, he is here, in his mind, to stir up the liberal pot and get some kind of amusement and satisfaction from watching the fallout as you describe your self. Those delicious liberal tears. He is trolling, and be that as it may, he IS a better version of one for sure. Nonetheless... As an agnostic I might be wrong but I doubt it. Go looking for something deeper in DSFs posts at your own peril, I am not putting my money down.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Things are getting so retarded that for certain drugs it is cheaper to fly halfway around the world for treatment than it is to go to your local pharmacy. Sovaldi is an actual cure for Hepatitis C, here in the good ole US of A a 3 month treatment course costs $84,000 or roughly $1,000 a pill. In India the same drug and 3 month treatment course costs about $1,000 total. The cost for flight, hotel, cost of the drugs, food while you are there and even money to do a bunch of tourist stuff and still pay only a fraction of what the treatment course would cost in the states. Gilead has even stated, presumably with a straight face, that they have "priced Sovaldi responsibly and thoughtfully".

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
And my interpretation of DSF is that he is not here to debate, he is here, in his mind, to stir up the liberal pot and get some kind of amusement and satisfaction from watching the fallout as you describe your self. Those delicious liberal tears. He is trolling, and be that as it may, he IS a better version of one for sure. Nonetheless... As an agnostic I might be wrong but I doubt it. Go looking for something deeper in DSFs posts at your own peril, I am not putting my money down.

1. You know what I can't know, why DFS is here. This says to me you don't actually know either.

2. I see little resemblance is what you say he gets our of posting and what I see as his intention.

3. I have no idea whether my views are deeper. I know they are not the same as I see others express. To say you are not putting your money down is putting your money somewhere else than down. So you are still placing a kind of bet. You seem to believe that keeps you out of peril but my intention was to take on peril directly. In short I am willing to face ridiculed for my opinion. I see no risk in being wrong and a great upside to being right.

Reactions: cytg111

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
1. You know what I can't know, why DFS is here. This says to me you don't actually know either.

2. I see little resemblance is what you say he gets our of posting and what I see as his intention.

3. I have no idea whether my views are deeper. I know they are not the same as I see others express. To say you are not putting your money down is putting your money somewhere else than down. So you are still placing a kind of bet. You seem to believe that keeps you out of peril but my intention was to take on peril directly. In short I am willing to face ridiculed for my opinion. I see no risk in being wrong and a great upside to being right.
Our paths differ but I can respect what you are trying to do, guess you are not out of fucks to give. Good for you.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Things are getting so retarded that for certain drugs it is cheaper to fly halfway around the world for treatment than it is to go to your local pharmacy. Sovaldi is an actual cure for Hepatitis C, here in the good ole US of A a 3 month treatment course costs $84,000 or roughly $1,000 a pill. In India the same drug and 3 month treatment course costs about $1,000 total. The cost for flight, hotel, cost of the drugs, food while you are there and even money to do a bunch of tourist stuff and still pay only a fraction of what the treatment course would cost in the states. Gilead has even stated, presumably with a straight face, that they have "priced Sovaldi responsibly and thoughtfully".

Yeesh

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
I'm a scientist at a pharma company and there are a lot of good points in this thread, but this post is pure, unadulterated bullshit.

Reactions: mect

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Americans are sooooo isolated.
There are countries that treat and cure without the need for modern medicine.
In fact, other countries have successful methods used for hundreds of years and doctors that have never written out one prescription. Besides, if they did there would be no Walgreens within thousands of miles to fill it.

American pharmaceuticals are killing people right and left.
Side effects worse that the illness, with more and more lawsuits popping up every day.
Society feeds us junk, then we need our drugs to counteract the ills of what we eat. The shit foods available in every grocery store, every restaurant, and every drive-thru-window on every street corner.
A trend not likely to change soon, and a path wide open for more and more pills.

Our food is killing us. Our medications are killing us. And in the end whether we live or die, the bottom line is always about and only about.... the money.
Welcome to western modern medicine.
Doesn't it seem odd that science can drill deep into illness and virus to such an extent they can design a pill, a life long treatment for those affected who must take the pills forever.... yet never a cure?

Modern medicine can dig into every aspect of an illness then treat that illness yet they never seem to manage a cure. There is simply too much money involved to find a treatment vs finding a cure.
Treatment generates cash flow, cures do not.
If polio were around today no cure nor vaccine would have been invented.
We would instead have a pill that those afflicted would need to take for the rest of their life.
No cure, no vaccine, but plenty of life treatment in the form of a pill.
A pill that would bring in billions to the drug manufacturers.
Yes, just that one pill and just that one disease can be worth billions to a drug manufacture.

We're going to die. All of us from what we eat and the drugs we take.
We will die, our kids will die, AND our kids will get fatter and fatter.
Everything will come down to the money.
The money will decide who lives and who dies.
But eventually, they will get us all in the end.
Don't count on the drug companies to come to the rescue.
The only thing they are after will be the money.
And if they can keep that money flowing, they win.

So tell me again, exactly how is Donald Trump working for our interest?
Or might the truth be, Donald is ensuring th money flow continues unobstructed.

And get this....
Having witnessed healings and methods used to heal within third world countries, those that do the healing have absolutely no desire for western modern medicine to screw it. A doctor from the west will tell that third world doctor what they are doing could never succeed.
And that creates doubt. And doubt leads to failure and death.
So, western medicine need not apply is the third world motto.
Sorry, forgot to insert quote. See above.

Reactions: mect

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
I'm well aware of what was in the tax bill but I don't think trump claimed he would lower people's taxes forever. During his presidency most people will see lower taxes. For the record I don't think this is a good thing but I think most people think he completed that promise.

He also promised to be tougher on trade as a mechanism for helping the average American and he has done that as well. A lot of his promises to help the average American were stupid and counter productive but he has done some of them.
I'll be interested to see how the entirety of his scams impact the bottom line of the average american, taking into account higher gas, no prescription relief, attacks on safety nets at state levels like fuel assist and hardship protectrions et al.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I'll be interested to see how the entirety of his scams impact the bottom line of the average american, taking into account higher gas, no prescription relief, attacks on safety nets at state levels like fuel assist and hardship protectrions et al.
Look at what Reaganomics did to US industry, and they worship him.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
She lost. Get over it.
can you get over the fact that she by far wasn't the best person to take on Trump?
then get over that fact!

*e2a*
Hell Biden would've been better than her... yet the Clinton's had Obama under their thumbs

____

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It will all trickle down in the same imaginary way it has since Reagan.

Nov 30, 2006
You ever get tired of fellating obama? its obvious you have a thing for the man, but maybe keep it private? rest of us dont need to know.
Of course you don't need to know...ignorance is bliss for brain-dead sock puppets like you.

Nov 30, 2006
I just remembered...I need to call my insurance company to see why my blood thinner med is now costing me $250 instead of the $18 I've been paying since my heart attack last year. Here's to hoping that Trump can make an actual difference regarding these Big Pharma rat bastards.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I just remembered...I need to call my insurance company to see why my blood thinner med is now costing me $250 instead of the $18 I've been paying since my heart attack last year. Here's to hoping that Trump can make an actual difference regarding these Big Pharma rat bastards.

Considering how pharma stocks shot up after his announcement it appears the market thinks his stance is very, very pro-industry.

Who could ever have guessed.