Trump to award Medal of Freedom to GOP Reps. Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Well, who knew being a guy that sued an imaginary cow and a beedy eyed moronic creep who allegedly covered up sexual assaults of college wrestlers he was supposed to be coaching would pay off in the end.

Between them and that hump Limbaugh, the relevance of the award is totally destroyed at this point.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
These are the worst yet. How can anyone see honor in that award in the future if their names are tied to these guys?

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
These are the worst yet. How can anyone see honor in that award in the future if their names are tied to these guys?

Sorry, but as far as I am concerned the honor of the award was totally eliminated as soon as he stuffed it up Rush Limbaugh's cancer ridden fat ass. After all, Limbaugh's only crowning achievement the last 40 years has been avoiding having been seen in public wearing his white hood while he burned crosses on people's lawns.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Well, who knew being a guy that sued an imaginary cow and a beedy eyed moronic creep who allegedly covered up sexual assaults of college wrestlers he was coaching would pay off in the end.

Between them and that hump Limbaugh, the relevance of the award is totally destroyed at this point.

In a sense, this sums up the Trump administration: it's not about competence or merit, it's about unquestioning loyalty to one man's agenda.

I don't think the Medal of Freedom's worth has been tarnished forever, but it's safe to say that any medals issued under Biden will be chosen carefully for people who actually deserve them.

Reactions: Burpo and Fenixgoon

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
It's a good thing I'm not the president-elect, because I would totally respond by promising to give the medal to Devin Nunes' Cow in response.

I will leave it to you to decide whether I mean the person responsible for the twitter account or an actual cow.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
In a sense, this sums up the Trump administration: it's not about competence or merit, it's about unquestioning loyalty to one man's agenda.

I don't think the Medal of Freedom's worth has been tarnished forever, but it's safe to say that any medals issued under Biden will be chosen carefully for people who actually deserve them.
Exactly this.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
It's a good thing I'm not the president-elect, because I would totally respond by promising to give the medal to Devin Nunes' Cow in response.

I will leave it to you to decide whether I mean the person responsible for the twitter account or an actual cow.

Giving it to an actual cow would definitely be the best. As for Gym Jordan, maybe giving one to one of kids molested while Gym was at Ohio State coaching. As for Limbaugh, maybe just giving one to the cancer that he has might be the best way to bring back equilibrium.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Some [not all] of these MoFs awarded during the Trump Administration shall henceforth be known as “Medals of Freedumb”!

• Haha
Reactions: Steltek

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Well, if you looking at it with the Orange Menace Conspiracy Spreader in Chief eyes, it makes perfect sense to reward the #1 enablers of a criminal in office. Keep on Godfathering, er a MAGAing on, yea, that's it.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
As OP mentioned, hard to tarnish what has already been defiled by Rush.

Giving the medal to these pissants effectively changes it to The Medal of Criminal Complicity. Trump has to wipe his ass on everything on the way out the door, so of course traitor Nunes and pedophile protector Jordan get decorated because decency died a long time ago.

Biden should end the Medal itself, cite lack of credibility. Replace medal with a new token based tradition as part of widespread dignity restoration efforts.

Reactions: hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
No awards anymore by presidents unless run through a Nobel like, non-partisan committee. Trump just turned them all into trash. What's the saying.. Everything he touches.......

Nov 17, 2019
Biden should end the Medal itself, cite lack of credibility. Replace medal with a new token based tradition as part of widespread dignity restoration efforts.
Like I said on the other thread:

"I propose that it be abolished and something new created with much tighter eligibility limits that would ensure it only goes to people of honor."

I would also revoke the ones in question. I wouldn't expect them to be returned, but I'd strike the names from the official record.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Like I said on the other thread:

"I propose that it be abolished and something new created with much tighter eligibility limits that would ensure it only goes to people of honor."

I would also revoke the ones in question. I wouldn't expect them to be returned, but I'd strike the names from the official record.
This.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Given Trump's small hands and large prison soap, he might soon get a better feel for what Gym Jordan's Ohio State Wrestlers went through.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I’m old enough to remember when conservatives were mad that the Nobel peace prize went to Obama.

Now maybe he didn’t earn it but to the best of my knowledge Obama didn’t cover up the mass molestation of students like Gym Jordan did so he has that going for him.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I’m old enough to remember when conservatives were mad that the Nobel peace prize went to Obama.

Now maybe he didn’t earn it but to the best of my knowledge Obama didn’t cover up the mass molestation of students like Gym Jordan did so he has that going for him.
I was but a young whippersnapper when Obama was elected and got the peace prize, and at the time I didn't think he had deserved it. But at the end of his presidency I had a much different perspective - Obama really did represent his campaign slogan of hope and change for a new america. Now, it wasn't a 180degree about face, but a bending of the arc of history, as MLK might say, or slow change of course like a cruise liner or carrier might take. It was the direction of change that he represented that mattered most.