Trump TIME interview

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Of course it's totally bonkers but some nice standouts:

One of my ideas here is that throughout the campaign and now as president, you have used disputed statements, this is one of them that is disputed, the claim that three million undocumented people voted in the election…

Well I think I will be proved right about that too.

The claim that Muslims celebrated on 9-11 in New Jersey…

Well if you look at the reporter, he wrote the story in the Washington Post.

But my idea is that whatever the reality of what you are describing, the fact that they are disputed makes them a more effective message, that you are able to spread the message further, that more people get excited about it, that it gets on TV.

Well now if you take a look at the votes, when I say that, I mean mostly they register wrong, in other words, for the votes, they register incorrectly, and/or illegally. And they then vote. You have tremendous numbers of people. In fact I’m forming a committee on it.

But there’s no evidence that 3 million people voted with…

We’ll see after the committee. I have people say it was more than that. We will see after we have. But there will be, we are forming a committee. And we are going to do a study on it, a very serious problem.

But I grant you some of those. But you would agree also that some of the things you have said haven’t been true. You say that Ted Cruz’s father was with Lee Harvey Oswald.

Well that was in a newspaper. No, no, I like Ted Cruz, he’s a friend of mine. But that was in the newspaper. I wasn’t, I didn’t say that. I was referring to a newspaper. A Ted Cruz article referred to a newspaper story with, had a picture of Ted Cruz, his father, and Lee Harvey Oswald, having breakfast.

That gets close to the heart…
Why do you say that I have to apologize? I’m just quoting the newspaper, just like I quoted the judge the other day, Judge Napolitano, I quoted Judge Napolitano, just like I quoted Bret Baier, I mean Bret Baier mentioned the word wiretap. Now he can now deny it, or whatever he is doing, you know. But I watched Bret Baier, and he used that term. I have a lot of respect for Judge Napolitano, and he said that three sources have told him things that would make me right. I don’t know where he has gone with it since then. But I’m quoting highly respected people from highly respected television networks.

Did you see the Wall Street Journal opinion page today, the editorial page?

I thought it was, I thought it was a disgrace that they could write that.

But let me just, the hypothetical they started with, you have to announce to the country or to the world that some serious national security event has happened, and…

The country believes me. Hey. I went to Kentucky two nights ago, we had 25,000 people in a massive basketball arena. There wasn’t a seat, they had to send away people. I went to Tennessee four nights ago. We had a packed house, they had to send away thousands of people. You saw that, right. Did you see that?

Yes I did.

The country’s not buying it, it is fake media. And the Wall Street Journal is a part of it.

And then TIME magazine, which treats me horribly, but obviously I sell, I assume this is going to be a cover too, have I set the record? I guess, right? Covers, nobody’s had more covers.

I think Richard Nixon still has you beat. But he was in office for longer, so give yourself time.

Ok good. I’m sure I’ll win.

But isn’t there, it strikes me there is still an issue of credibility. If the intelligence community came out and said, we have determined that so and so is the leaker here, but you are saying to me now, that you don’t believe the intelligence community when they say your tweet was wrong.

I’m not saying—no, I’m not blaming. First of all, I put Mike Pompeo in. I put Senator Dan Coats in. These are great people. I think they are great people and they are going to, I have a lot of confidence in them. So hopefully things will straighten out. But I inherited a mess, I inherited a mess in so many ways. I inherited a mess in the Middle East, and a mess with North Korea, I inherited a mess with jobs, despite the statistics, you know, my statistics are even better, but they are not the real statistics because you have millions of people that can’t get a job, ok. And I inherited a mess on trade. I mean we have many, you can go up and down the ladder. But that’s the story. Hey look, in the mean time, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not. You know. Say hello to everybody OK?

Thank you very much, Mr. President.

The interview is worth reading in it's entirety. I'm not sure how to come to any conclusion other than that we've elected a person who is a colossal narcissist posessing a highly questionable grasp on reality.

http://time.com/4710456/donald-trump-time-interview-truth-falsehood/

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Trump is a constantly lying mentally disturbed individual.

df3612486fb50970411774f991b6baec9fb7cca2e144180b885f03fba7b07217.jpg

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Can the guy ever sack up and admit he was wrong about something? Good grief this guy is a self absorbed twat.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Of course it's totally bonkers but some nice standouts:

The interview is worth reading in it's entirety. I'm not sure how to come to any conclusion other than that we've elected a person who is a colossal narcissist posessing a highly questionable grasp on reality.

http://time.com/4710456/donald-trump-time-interview-truth-falsehood/
I only read your post and I am ready to punch kittens. No fucking way I could handle the whole article.

"Highly respected networks." One network. One fucking network you clown. One network known by everyone else as faux news. The original fake news source.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
The president from Idiocracy actually speaks better and more coherently than Dump.

Jan 25, 2011
The whole interview is disturbing to it's core. The guy is professing himself as some kind of prophet. All knowing Donnie. I don't need facts.

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Holy shit - it's psychotic.
I love how the interviewer is asking simple, honest questions and before they can even get to the end of their sentence, Trump is cutting them off and defending himself (I use that term loosely as his "defense" is a complete joke -- "I read it in a newspaper.")

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Isn't it well past time to invoke the 25th amendment??

I guess the ultimate defense is "we knew this guy was a lunatic but that was litigated in the election"

Just as scary the people who voted for him are proof too large a segment of the population are just as mentally ill.

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
Can the guy ever sack up and admit he was wrong about something? Good grief this guy is a self absorbed twat.
The POTUS is either a pathological liar who doesn't know he's lying (obviously, right?) or he's the real life Sammy Jenkins from Memento with selective memory loss :smirk:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Isn't it well past time to invoke the 25th amendment??

I guess the ultimate defense is "we knew this guy was a lunatic but that was litigated in the election"

Just as scary the people who voted for him are proof too large a segment of the population are just as mentally ill.
The American Conservative is sick to his core. He has been bombarded by so much propaganda he does not know which way is up anymore. To make matters worse, he is convinced that only the American Conservative is healthy and everyone else is sick, so even when you manage to expose one layer of his sickness to the point he cannot deny it anymore, he just falls back on "well everyone else is more sicker than I am so fuck you."

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm kind of amazed that his staff let him do this interview. He comes off as either one of the stupidest people on the planet or someone who is mentally ill/afflicted by dementia.

Feb 4, 2009
I'm kind of amazed that his staff let him do this interview. He comes off as either one of the stupidest people on the planet or someone who is mentally ill/afflicted by dementia.

Trump gives no fucks about consultants' that's what people like about him.
Honestly I haven't read the article and I'm confident its full of crap I won't like but I'll agree one of the refreshing points of Trump is him not relying on consultants and advisors', so far it seems like a bad plan but it's still something different.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Honestly I haven't read the article and I'm confident its full of crap I won't like but I'll agree one of the refreshing points of Trump is him not relying on consultants and advisors', so far it seems like a bad plan but it's still something different.

'Different' has no relationship with 'good'. A worldwide nuclear holocaust would certainly be 'different'. I don't care if Trump says things that aren't focus group tested or are controversial or whatever, but I do care if he is rambling incoherently trying to justify baldfaced lies and then petulantly ends the interview with 'I'm president and you're not, so there'.

I strongly suggest you read the interview because it's disturbing.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

no. He literally can not tell the truth. Trump's entire business and brand is based on lying. It is simply how he operates. Lie, treat people like shit, force them to sue you and challenge you to honor your contracts. If they don't, you win. Fuck everyone.

Roy Cohn

Reactions: dank69
Feb 16, 2005
There's nothing, not one single thing refreshing about drumpf and his actions as president. There are advisers for a reason, just like you put highly experienced people in as dept heads, not just people to 'shake things up'

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
He's a Prophet! He's a Prophet! He's a Prophet! I think the future Scripture should use the Twitter Bird to mark bullet points. Tweets and Scripture, no discernible difference. I'm curious what paraphernalia will be involved in worship? I'm female so I can assume my knees will be sore as hell.