Trump threatens to COMPLETELY shut down the bo(a)rder.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
No I helped Gary's attempt to get elected. I don't understand your use of the image. Are you trying to say something that you are having a hard time finding the right words?

In a first past the post electoral system like ours it is mathematically certain that there are only going to be two viable parties, all other parties are a foil for one of those two main parties. Basically what it comes down to is that you need to band together with the people most like you to win. If you vote for a non-viable party you are making it more likely that the candidate you least like will win, because you are going to have a lot in common with one of the two parties effectively splitting your vote between you and the other candidate close to you while the person least like you does not get their votes split. This is one of the things the Republicans have done well, they incorporate the most similar opposition parties into their caucus. It is also why they have such a hard time actually leading, because they are in truth 2-3 separate parties all voting together in general elections, but voting in their own sub-group in congress.

Here is a video that explains it better than I could without writing you an essay.

Reactions: SteveGrabowski
Feb 4, 2009
2nd major peeve are people who expect the perfect candidate
Look at the sum of the parts it’s crazy to expect anyone to hold identical positions to what you expect.

Reactions: JSt0rm

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Reality: Pick Hillary or pick Trump.

Libertopian: Huh-uhh! I'm voting for a trip to the moon on a pogo stick! Because both sides!

Reactions: JSt0rm
Feb 4, 2009
President off the cuff says the wheel is older than a wall.

Not so sure about that. I’d assume humans were stacking stones to make “walls” before we learned to chip stones down to wheels.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
2nd major peeve are people who expect the perfect candidate
Look at the sum of the parts it’s crazy to expect anyone to hold identical positions to what you expect.

Our choice was a monster and a psycho.
Your bullshit attitude is the same as millions of others in America. And the reason we never get a decent human being.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Oh, I guarantee you they would. At first they'd claim that paternity tests are liberal biased or some shit (not joking, they kinda already do this, I've seen more than a few conservatives that don't believe in genetics and things like that - and that it is some conspiracy to control people by liberals or something?). Then he'd claim that they stole his semen (this is another fear from crazy assholes - its actually a very common alien abduction thing, and I think it plays in with right wingers obsessions over baby-making and fetuses). So he could easily spin this into crazy conspiracy shit that his base is already primed for.

Wait... They stole his semen, (while under Secret Service protection), kidnapped Ivanka (Also under SS protection), implanted her, and she never said anything? AND carried it to term, knowing what it was?
1547156568576.jpeg

I would LOVE to see them try to sell that!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Our choice was a monster and a psycho.
Your bullshit attitude is the same as millions of others in America. And the reason we never get a decent human being.

Your characterizations aside you know as well as I do that only Trump or Clinton had a chance to win. You also know as well as I do that Clinton was the far better choice.

You had a chance to do your small part to ensure that someone like Trump did not become president and you declined to do so. That’s your right, but at least own your choice and the consequences of what you and other people making the same choice helped bring about.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Don't know if this was mentioned already but terrorists can slip through into the U.S. from Canada, right? So I'm wondering if the conservatives' argument may be a little fishy in regards to a completed southern wall countering terrorists.

Even with a full southern wall the terrorists can concentrate on getting more Canadian visas and then illegally crossing south without a US visa or valid id. Imo anyway.

Or just fly into america...

Mar 11, 2004
Wait... They stole his semen, (while under Secret Service protection), kidnapped Ivanka (Also under SS protection), implanted her, and she never said anything? AND carried it to term, knowing what it was?
View attachment 2341

I would LOVE to see them try to sell that!

Aliens, dude.

I would love to see that too, unfortunately I won't be able to be shocked that if it did that it won't change anything. Conservatives will shrug it off and still support Turmp. Some of them might laugh at it (and probably claim its further evidence of how Turmp is treated differently, even if Turmp was the one that brought it up, they've consistently claimed its because of unfair media treatment), while it'll further validate the insane ones that are feeding a lot of other opinions to Turmp.

Or just fly into america...

Why the fuck is no one taking our other border security seriously?!? Aliens have been abducting fine American citizens for decades! And the Chinese are tunneling through the Earth as we speak! Plus those goddamned Molemen and Crab People!

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Why the fuck is no one taking our other border security seriously?!? Aliens have been abducting fine American citizens for decades! And the Chinese are tunneling through the Earth as we speak! Plus those goddamned Molemen and Crab People!

Well fuck. you owe me a new keyboard! This one has scotch all over it. 1547179101974.gif

1547179160922.jpeg