Trump threatens to COMPLETELY shut down the bo(a)rder.

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
A president who misspells “loses” and uses “soooo” as an adjective. How any sane, educated individual could believe this man is fit for the job with his third-grader level english is beyond me.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It’s bizarre and disturbing that Trump still views trade deficits as ‘losing money’. The fact that the president doesn’t understand basic principles of economics and that no one has been able to teach him better is scary.

Trump is doing here what he always does, which is to double down and double down again when he feels threatened. I wouldn’t be surprised if next week he’s threatening to shut US borders entirely.

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
Trump firing Jerome Powell for his own administration’s terrible economic policies shows without a reasonable doubt how incredibly stupid this man and his base of followers are. Remember back in 2016 when we thought this was all just an act? Look at where we are now.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Who's worse the ignoramus or the ignoramuses voting for him?

I hope (with reservations) that there are those who voted for Trump and now have regrets for doing so will make amends and vote the other way for the same reason they voted for him, that being the "anybody but _______" line of thinking.

And then of course, hope that there are enough of them to swing a Dem into office.

edit - I edited while you were responding, both of us thinking along the same line of reasoning. :)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I hope (with reservations) that there are those who voted for Trump and now have regrets for doing so will make amends and vote the other way for the same reason they voted for him, that being the "anybody but _______" line of thinking.

I know several people that voted for Trump and now regret it. But then they say "but who else was I going to vote for?" Pretty much underlining that if they had to do it again, they'd do it again given the choices they had. That's incredibly sad. I get why people didn't/don't like Hillary - some reasons are legitimate, others are incredibly stupid. But to still think she'd be WORSE than Trump is simply saddening.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Let him shut it down. This country has to completely go to hell before the idiots that voted for this guy realize what they have done.
And even then it will still be only a minority of his supporters. They are a special kind of stupid.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I know several people that voted for Trump and now regret it. But then they say "but who else was I going to vote for?" Pretty much underlining that if they had to do it again, they'd do it again given the choices they had. That's incredibly sad. I get why people didn't/don't like Hillary - some reasons are legitimate, others are incredibly stupid. But to still think she'd be WORSE than Trump is simply saddening.
You might followup with "name one way Hillary would have been worse then Trump". You name all the ways Hillary would be better then Trump and then compare lists.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
You might followup with "name one way Hillary would have been worse then Trump". You name all the ways Hillary would be better then Trump and then compare lists.

Honestly, not worthy my time. These people are lost causes.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Shutting stuff down is bad. The Dems shouldn't shut stuff down. Watch me shut stuff down!

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

Such is the power of the GOP mindfvcking campaign they've been running on their constituents aided and abetted by the Russians of all people.

When the Russians and the GOP are on the same side of an issue, you'd think it would give Trump's supporters pause to think about it for a minute, but that really doesn't seem to matter for many of them because among other reasons, the GOP has done a great job of isolating them away from such thought provoking issues that's bad for their wealthy donor class.

Critical thinking is verboten. The Repub party wants brainless twits that go to the polls with one single thing in mind: vote Repub or be a traitor to the "Real America".

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If Trump is so stupid as to be a threat to the nation, how is it he is not removed by revolution? Maybe we should all go out at night and howl at your the moon. I think we may just love Trump.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
I think it's just, "I have to vote Republican" more than "I hate Hillary". Imagine if Hillary was GOP?? I wonder if Repubs would still vote for her...

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
So Trump is threatening to shut down the Southern Border if he doesn't get his way. But what exactly would that mean? Would that just be the border crossings? Or would it apply to air travel for people wanting to visit the Caribbean, or any other city in Mexico? What happens to companies involved in agriculture that have suffered heavily thanks to Trumps tariffs, and Mexico is one of the major buyers. If he closes trade with Mexico then he's truly fucking with the economy.

Obviously he's just throwing word salads, threats and bullshit around, his normal MO. I can't conceive that he has the authority to make good on that

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wait a minute, if he can shut down the whole southern border then why do we need a wall?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Wait a minute, if he can shut down the whole southern border then why do we need a wall?

Yeah right. Illegals will still cross the desert, and BP will still have to rescue them and place them on our side. Whereby they'll be released and given a hearing over a year later. All these actions appear the be Court ordered, therefore I do not believe Trump has any power or authority over its continuation. Whatever he can do with the border will NOT stop the illegal crossings.

In this case, a Wall is required to prevent that initial chain of custody. To prevent catch and release.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I just love the whole "our shit is being made in Mexico!" gaslighting and rhetoric when all the Trump branded shit is made in China.