Trump thinks everyone on welfare is black. When told otherwise, says “Really? Then what are they?”

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You tell me.

You’re the one who is claiming to know what the average CBC member thinks. Is your insight limited to only them? If so, why? If not, do all elected Democrats view rich black people as their enemies?

Alternatively I may have made a mistake by taking your crazed ranting at face value. If that’s the case just let me know.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
You’re the one who is claiming to know what the average CBC member thinks. Is your insight limited to only them? If so, why? If not, do all elected Democrats view rich black people as their enemies?

Alternatively I may have made a mistake by taking your crazed ranting at face value. If that’s the case just let me know.

I think you and the typical Democrat looks at a black rich person like they do a rich person of any race or ethnicity; a source of funds to pay for their social welfare programs and nothing more.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I think you and the typical Democrat looks at a black rich person like they do a rich person of any race or ethnicity; a source of funds to pay for their social welfare programs and nothing more.

Our social welfare programs? You benefit too buddy. Lest your idea is to let them eat cake. I would not recommend it.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Always comical when the chum is tossed out into the open water and the "I'm not racist" socks surface from their bottom feeding, tripping over themselves, trying to prove just WHO isn't the biggest racist piece of shit... Fuck off and go back to StormFront...
Hey man, they got satistiks.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Ahhh, so Democrats hate ALL rich people, not just black ones? That’s odd as you denigrated the previous democratic nominee as a tool of big business, ie: the rich. When in the last 18 months did the Democrats switch from being tools of the rich to being their mortal enemies? A general timeline is fine, no need to get super specific.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Facts?

Medicaid had more than 70 million beneficiaries in 2016, of whom 43 percent were white, 18 percent black

Of 43 million food stamp recipients that year, 36.2 percent were white, 25.6 percent black

Facts.

Two things first "Trump thinks" is an oxymoron.

Second there's no defense of Trump, but your facts aren't really honest either, or at least representative.

The way the statistics are picked is rather annoying. Yes the absolute number of whites on welfare is higher but the statistic completely bypasses rates.

Example: There are 10 million individuals on welfare.

Of those 6 million of those are Bleeps and 3 million are Bloops.

Fact- More Bleeps are on welfare.

That tells the whole story, right? Not really.

Important also is that there are 60 million Bleeps and 6 million Bloops.

Both are factual in this hypothetical.

There are three significant ways to interpret this data

First, Bleems use the majority of services. Bloops use only half that.

Second, One bleep in ten is on welfare while half of all Bloops receive benefits.

Third is to understand and accept both of the above as significant in any discussion in understanding that which can be learned.

There are also at least three groups who might have interest in evaluating this data.

The first recognize both truths and would take the totality of data to examine welfare usage in context.

But then there are two other groups who have in interest in avoiding that approach. One says "No good lazy Bleeps, half of them are on welfare. They only care about the rate of Bloop vs Bleep use.

Then there is another and it says "That's false! Twice as many Bleeps are on Medicaid!"

Both are misleading in the discussion because they focus on part of the story and direct away from the points of the opposite side.

The good points IMO of course is "why are these people needing medicaid and what if anything can improve the situation. Also, one in two Bloops receives benefits. Why? What can be done?

Also, do these people in the second and third group mislead intentionally or do they have a need to disprove what they do not like?

Mar 11, 2004
Two things first "Trump thinks" is an oxymoron.

Second there's no defense of Trump, but your facts aren't really honest either, or at least representative.

The way the statistics are picked is rather annoying. Yes the absolute number of whites on welfare is higher but the statistic completely bypasses rates.

Example: There are 10 million individuals on welfare.

Of those 6 million of those are Bleeps and 3 million are Bloops.

Fact- More Bleeps are on welfare.

That tells the whole story, right? Not really.

Important also is that there are 60 million Bleeps and 6 million Bloops.

Both are factual in this hypothetical.

There are three significant ways to interpret this data

First, Bleems use the majority of services. Bloops use only half that.

Second, One bleep in ten is on welfare while half of all Bloops receive benefits.

Third is to understand and accept both of the above as significant in any discussion in understanding that which can be learned.

There are also at least three groups who might have interest in evaluating this data.

The first recognize both truths and would take the totality of data to examine welfare usage in context.

But then there are two other groups who have in interest in avoiding that approach. One says "No good lazy Bleeps, half of them are on welfare. They only care about the rate of Bloop vs Bleep use.

Then there is another and it says "That's false! Twice as many Bleeps are on Medicaid!"

Both are misleading in the discussion because they focus on part of the story and direct away from the points of the opposite side.

The good points IMO of course is "why are these people needing medicaid and what if anything can improve the situation. Also, one in two Bloops receives benefits. Why? What can be done?

Also, do these people in the second and third group mislead intentionally or do they have a need to disprove what they do not like?

Sorry, I don't see anyone trying to mislead the conversation in the second manner. I don't see anyone disputing that black people have a higher rate of being on welfare and using social programs. In fact that's often their explicit point, is that because of discriminatory practices (that while having improved, plenty still continue to this day), they are put at a disadvantage, thus necessitating that they use social programs at a higher rate.

Even dumber is how many white people I've known that are on welfare who demonize other people for being on welfare.

Yes, indeed, why would human beings need health care? Why do human beings need food? I think we're already seeing a trend. The correct way to manage this problem is to eradicate it, we must destroy all humans.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Sorry, I don't see anyone trying to mislead the conversation in the second manner. I don't see anyone disputing that black people have a higher rate of being on welfare and using social programs. In fact that's often their explicit point, is that because of discriminatory practices (that while having improved, plenty still continue to this day), they are put at a disadvantage, thus necessitating that they use social programs at a higher rate.

Even dumber is how many white people I've known that are on welfare who demonize other people for being on welfare.

Yes, indeed, why would human beings need health care? Why do human beings need food? I think we're already seeing a trend. The correct way to manage this problem is to eradicate it, we must destroy all humans.

In discussions, it happens all the time. It's fairly obvious that there are disparities which lead to inequalities due to lack of opportunity. The rest? People are stupid.