Trump: "The real story isn't about the treason and the lies."

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
This whole thing is why I laugh at conspiracy theorists. The likelihood of a conspiracy remaining a secret is directly inverse to the number of people involved. Those thing blowing up is proof that not many people need to be involved for a conspiracy to crumble.

Alex Jones must be going crazy inside right now.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So, will Trump call for an investigation? Don't worry, they'll find the person who leaked the truth, and punish them. The real story isn't what Flynn did, it's that we found out about it. *facepalm*. I dunno; maybe it has something to do with a Commander in Chief who apparently learned all he knows about OPSEC from Maxwell Smart?
Last time a president went looking for leakers, it didn't turn out too well. Plumbers (cough).

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
He picked the best people and naturally the best people pick the best leaks.

Reactions: Ns1

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
C4vBCOVWYAcmcW3.jpg

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
This whole thing is why I laugh at conspiracy theorists. The likelihood of a conspiracy remaining a secret is directly inverse to the number of people involved. Those thing blowing up is proof that not many people need to be involved for a conspiracy to crumble.

Er, so it's exactly like every other day for him?

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

How do you explain Christianity, Islam and Judaism then? The people that started those religions lied through their teeth over and over again and apparently were never caught. You talk about a conspiracy theory. They faked resurrections, unicorns, creation of universes, global floods, etc.... knowing all the time that they were making it up. Not a single one of the possible hundreds of co-conspirators ever got caught. That is remarkable to me.

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
Conway: Trump has 'full confidence' in Flynn ---->Flynn resigns same day---->Spicer: 'eroding level of trust' led to resignation---->Trump today: 'very, very unfair media' ousted flynn

If you're going to lie at least make sure all your stories are straight.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
How do you explain Christianity, Islam and Judaism then? The people that started those religions lied through their teeth over and over again and apparently were never caught. You talk about a conspiracy theory. They faked resurrections, unicorns, creation of universes, global floods, etc.... knowing all the time that they were making it up. Not a single one of the possible hundreds of co-conspirators ever got caught. That is remarkable to me.

Religion itself IS a conspiracy theory, not a conspiracy. A story told after the fact about events that never happened and things that do not exist, sprinkled among actual events that happened, real people that existed and places that exist to add a semblance of credibility. Forrest Gump is a perfect example.

Why do you think conspiracy theories are so much like religion and cults? Because they are all identical.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Just if how Comey had this information and sat on it with no vague letter written to Congress. No wonder things are being leaked. There is so much distrust about who is neutral and who is playing which side.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Incompetence just might be the reason for the Leaks.
Leaks happen when employees are dissatisfied or feel that proper channels have been compromised. I don't think it's about incompetence but more distrust and disillusionment about future directions

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Leaks happen when employees are dissatisfied or feel that proper channels have been compromised. I don't think it's about incompetence but more distrust and disillusionment about future directions

I think he was talking about Trump's incompetence.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think he was talking about Trump's incompetence.

Yes. If Trump and his handlers were competent, these leaks wouldn't be happening. Given the nature of what is being leaked, this incompetence is a good thing.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

not always. plenty of leaks are intentional and strategic. It's a give-and-take that officials and press have an accepted, not-so-unspoken agreement of how to properly handle real leaks--and they always go through "proper channels."

This seems like something very different and yeah--it could be from extremely dissatisfied employees but also some very smart, very good brain people that are legit alarmed with the information that they have eyes on. So, it isn't just about being "dissatisfied." The other issue is that it seems like we have various intelligence communities (Israel, Euro allies, Australia and UK, etc) sourcing some of this intel. At least, that's what it feels like.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-edward-snowden-and-the-modern-whistle-blower
(I think that is the article that I had in mind...maybe there is a different one. Anyway, it does cover the tolerated relationship between admins, the press, and leaks)