Trump tells Finland "You would never negotiate NAFTA"

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Somebody tell me what he meant. I can't listen to the Cheeto in Chief without wanting to kill my pets.

In fairness, at least this time he didn't start defending nazis and the klan out of the blue and subsequently forcing all the conservatives to cover for them.

All credit to Kelly for getting him over the racist grandpa phase.

Reactions: Thebobo

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
I agree with Drumpf, Finland would never negotiate itself into the North American Free Trade Agreement.

If you watch the video, Trump tells the Finnish president (or PM?) "This is the worst deal ever! Finland would never do a deal like NAFTA. Finland is way to smart to make NAFTA... but we did! Huge mistake!" and the Finnish Prez just stares at him incredulously. Then he keeps on ranting. At one point he tells the guy "Oh, do you want to ask another question? You've had so many, but OK. Here, ask whomever you'd like *points* how about you there? Haven't you asked her before? Oh well, go ahead and ask again then" and the Finnish prez replies "No. Uh... that is not the same woman. They are merely sitting next to each other"

Trump literally can't tell one woman from another.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
If you watch the video, Trump tells the Finnish president (or PM?) "This is the worst deal ever! Finland would never do a deal like NAFTA. Finland is way to smart to make NAFTA... but we did! Huge mistake!" and the Finnish Prez just stares at him incredulously. Then he keeps on ranting. At one point he tells the guy "Oh, do you want to ask another question? You've had so many, but OK. Here, ask whomever you'd like *points* how about you there? Haven't you asked her before? Oh well, go ahead and ask again then" and the Finnish prez replies "No. Uh... that is not the same woman. They are merely sitting next to each other"

He can if there's a difference in attractiveness.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

My response was tongue in cheek.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
The USA was once a proud leader of nations. Now thanks to Trump we are the world's joke. Too stupid to know that Finland isn't in North America? LOL most of his voters didn't know it either so whatever.

Reactions: Thebobo and teejee

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Finland is only part of the EU which goes far beyond the crap drumpf and neo nationalists piss their pants about in regards to NAFTA.

Once again the great cheeto and dear leader opens his mouth and leaves no doubt how woefully unqualified he is for the job he has now.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
butter emails!!

Competence and intelligence has never been a qualifier for Trump supporters. As long as Orange Julius can spew platitudes to the rubes at rallies

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Trump also said that Finland has gotten along with Russia for the last 100 years. This would surely be news to the million or so casualties on both sides incurred in the Winter/Continuation Wars. I think Finland would like East Karelia back as well.

Reactions: Aegeon and Thebobo

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Trump also said that Finland has gotten along with Russia for the last 100 years. This would surely be news to the million or so casualties on both sides incurred in the Winter/Continuation Wars. I think Finland would like East Karelia back as well.
Do you really expect a President to have a sense of history? Please! Facts are not a qualifier for Trump rubes.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

Yea no shit! Every time I hear Finland I think of this.