Trump Team Killed Rule Designed To Protect Health Workers From Pandemic Like COVID-19

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If there was any doubt Trump cares about anyone but himself, here is yet one more plan inherited from Obama he killed that was designed to protect medical workers. Since there are still some here that think Trump is doing a good job this will blow right by them.

When President Trump took office in 2017, his team stopped work on new federal regulations that would have forced the health care industry to prepare for an airborne infectious disease pandemic such as COVID-19. That decision is documented in federal records reviewed by NPR.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If there was any doubt Trump cares about anyone but himself, here is yet one more plan inherited from Obama he killed that was designed to protect medical workers. Since there are still some here that think Trump is doing a good job this will blow right by them.
More proof of Trump's determination to weaken America from the getgo.

Dec 10, 2005
Funny... a certain humble know-it-all in another thread claimed that nursing homes can barely be regulated by the federal government. I'm sure he'll be here in a moment to tell us why that article is wrong and it was always up to the states. I personally had forgotten that OSHA could be another mechanism to regulate these facilities (on top of the regulatory authority in CMS).

Reactions: jman19 and ch33zw1z

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I think there should be a dedicated thread to just the dick moves done by trump.