Trump takes the 5th in NY

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
How is this not a huge national security threat if he did run for president? There have to be people who fully are aware of whatever secret he thinks he is hiding.

Reactions: Ken g6

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Pay wall for me

For me it's a "free-wall" (wants registration) ... still annoying.

facebook-and-you-pigs.jpg

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
While I can't say that I blame him I'm not sure I'd use the word "right" here although it certainly was smart.
I'll buy that. Hard to believe he didn't plant his foot in his face. While he has the right to remain silent, he doesn't have the ability.

Reactions: Captante

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Trump pleading the fifth does not surprise me. But Emperus is right. If Trump is withholding information that could open himself to blackmail or compromise his actions as a future POTUS, how is that not a threat to national security?

Personally, I don't think his die-hard fans would even care. But for a dude who grouses that U.S. generals weren't sufficiently loyal to him as Nazi generals were to Hitler, this is quite troubling.

I had to come back and add this: When are prosecutors going to grow some backbone and jail Rudy Giuliani for thumbing his nose at court orders?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
You are correct that taking the fifth was right for him. He is in trouble though as civil juries are allowed to make adverse inferences.
Easy enough to explain away. It's all going to depend on who's sitting on the jury.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
We're dealing with a crook here, remember?

Lies in the past... lies in the future.
Morals? None.
Self respect? None.
Admission of guilt? Never.

Reactions: borosp1

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
We're dealing with a crook here, remember?

Lies in the past... lies in the future.
Morals? None.
Self respect? None.
Admission of guilt? Never.
He could be caught in the act of fucking his supporters wives, it could be on video from multiple sources and he would deny it claiming it is all made up by the democrats and/or it was all fake news. Those same supporters, who walked in on him fucking their wives, would believe him over their own damn eyes.. Hell some would rip off their cloths and join him, even if their wives where not willing participants. That is how deep their brainwashing goes and why he can do no wrong, no matter how immoral or criminal his actions are, or those that follow him. Which is also why his pleading the fifth will be a sign of his innocence to those same asshats.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That link indicates that Trump did exactly the right thing.
Then you admit that all the times when he said that people who take the 5th are really guilty doesn't apply to him because he did the right thing according to an article. As I said elsewhere when it comes to partisanship rationalizations they all depend on whose ox gets gored. When Trump thought somebody needed to be brought to justice he would gladly have tortured them for a confession. He would never have allowed his enemies to take the 5th. He wouldn't even need them to be guilty, just confess to whatever he wanted to charge them with. All that happened there was that a piece of criminal garbage evoked his constitutional right not to incriminate his criminal self. The fact this country allowed that guy to even run for office much less avoid two impeachment attempts tells you how utterly corrupt this country is. Now that piece of shit gets to hide behind what's still left that's good about it. What that fuck deserves is extraordinary rendition to Guantanamo Bay.