Trump supporter pulled gun on woman after spotting Elizabeth Warren bumper sticker

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...O1NkRLlQ0TnJoHUCxc4zeBR2CU#Echobox=1570642358

The two began to argue from their cars on the central road through Moorhead, Minnesota, a city that sits on the border between the state – which voted in favour of Hillary Clinton in 2016 – and North Dakota, 62% of which which came out for Donald Trump in the same election.
The back-and-forth continued for several blocks, however authorities say Mr Schumacher escalated the argument when he pulled out a gun and proceeded to wave it at the democratic supporter before driving away.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Did you miss the part where he had no permit?
Permit for what though? A permit to own the weapon? A permit to have the weapon in MN? A permit to have a concealed and/or loaded weapon in his vehicle in MN? I know in the past in WV having a loaded weapon in the vehicle was a big no no. To me it reads like he could have had a legally owned weapon in his vehicle that was kept loaded without a permit.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Permit for what though? A permit to own the weapon? A permit to have the weapon in MN? A permit to have a concealed and/or loaded weapon in his vehicle in MN? I know in the past in WV having a loaded weapon in the vehicle was a big no no. To me it reads like he could have had a legally owned weapon in his vehicle that was kept loaded without a permit.

Maybe not physically having the permit on him?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Did you miss the part where he had no permit?

let's play a hypothetical game - the man has a valid CWP. how in any way does that justify him pulling a weapon on someone, when there was clearly no credible threat to his life that would possibly justify a self-defense argument?

it doesn't, because the CWP is a red herring. just another example of a stochastic terrorist fine person

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
let's play a hypothetical game - the man has a valid CWP. how in any way does that justify him pulling a weapon on someone, when there was clearly no credible threat to his life that would possibly justify a self-defense argument?

it doesn't, because the CWP is a red herring. just another example of a stochastic terrorist fine person

Taj is more of a grenade type of guy

Personal attacks will no longer be allowed in P&N.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 9, 2009

It doesn't. It's obviously against the law and he should be punished to the full extent of the law for his illegal actions. If he has a CP it should be revoked. I doubt if he had a CP though.

Reactions: pcgeek11

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

I'm not sure what point either of you are trying to make. Brandishing is brandishing.

Jul 9, 2009
How's it an insult when you said it? Lol...

Tell us again how having a permit would've absolved this drivers responsibility from being a gun wielding lunatic
I never said it.

It wouldn't absolve the driver, if anything he would be held to a higher standard. That's why I doubt he had a permit in the first place and why I pointed it out.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That was a most un-clever thing for that fine young man to do. What a pity.