Trump suggests wall to solve Europes migrant crisis

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
A wall to prevent migrants from entry to Europe? Where you may ask? Across the Sahara desert of course!

Donald Trump suggested building a wall across the Sahara to tackle Europe's migrant crisis, Spain's foreign minister has claimed.

Josep Borrell said the US President had insisted the type of barrier he has vowed to build along America's border with Mexico would work for Europe as well...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ll-SAHARA-Spains-foreign-minister-claims.html

Would love to have seen the look on the Spanish FMs face when he heard that. :D

Reactions: DarthKyrie

rusina

Mar 20, 2012
Wall? Yeah right now this is the situation:
Shitty boat full of immigrants sinks 2km from Libya's coast --> European boats will pick up those immigrants and bring them to Europe.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Walls work of course.

images

Reactions: ch33zw1z

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Morocco already did that back in the 1980s, seriously. It is (was?) a tank trap hundreds of miles long to stop smugglers and rebels from moving into the more populated north..

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
A wall to prevent migrants from entry to Europe? Where you may ask? Across the Sahara desert of course!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ll-SAHARA-Spains-foreign-minister-claims.html

Would love to have seen the look on the Spanish FMs face when he heard that. :D

It is amazing to me how people think in the day of unprecedented capability to move around the planet a wall will work. The most simple fix to Europes immigration complaints. Stop starting wars in the ME that displace millions of people.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Trump's a man who loves walls. They are symbolic of his prowess. Each wall in his hotels, his condos, those of his father before him was part and parcel of his fortune.

I wonder if he has dreams of the Berlin Wall.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Trump's a man who loves walls. They are symbolic of his prowess. Each wall in his hotels, his condos, those of his father before him was part and parcel of his fortune.

I wonder if he has dreams of the Berlin Wall.
more like Hadrian's Wall, he seems to think he's an emperor from ancient rome.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
why doesn't he ask how well the great wall worked for china? it didn't.

to be fair, it took them something like 1k years to build all those walls, in the meantime the various invading hoards and competing dynasties just kinda walked around them....

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
to be fair, it took them something like 1k years to build all those walls, in the meantime the various invading hoards and competing dynasties just kinda walked around them....

So about as long as it would take to build Dump's wall at the current rate of construction.