Trump staff caught removing social distancing stickers from seats before Tulsa rally.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
That is fucked up... But in the end these people would bunch up regardless of the signs on the seats.

So when is the President gonna put these fucktards who can kill us with their presence into cages instead of children who supposedly "hurt us" with their skin color?

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Again, you reach for the most ridiculous explanation for the disgraceful conduct of the Trump campaign. The stickers were a visible indicator of Trump’s failure as a leader in a time of crisis and packed crowds look better for five second videos on news channels. End of story.
My God. Listen to yourself, man. Just listen to yourself. So... visceral!

NOTHING I said excuses anything they did and yet this is your reaction. You can't even explain what is so ridiculous about my speculation without some far more ridiculous notion that the attendees were to blame for the stickers or that "the stickers were a visible indicator of Trump’s failure." Who sounds more like they are looking for real reasons: me or you?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
That is fucked up... But in the end these people would bunch up regardless of the signs on the seats.
I mean its pretty pathetic that the President doesn't have the respect or clarity of message to organise a small gathering of people in a large area when he's supposed to be able to do that for an entire nation!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I mean its pretty pathetic that the President doesn't have the respect or clarity of message to organise a small gathering of people in a large area when he's supposed to be able to do that for an entire nation!
He organized them just the way he wanted them, packed in like sardines for his photo op. Trump needs to learn to exclude independent cameras from his ego fests. TV preachers figured this stuff out decades ago.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
1438be66118916f5fa3e1db3eec217c9.jpg

Sounds good to me.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
He organized them just the way he wanted them, packed in like sardines for his photo op. Trump needs to learn to exclude independent cameras from his ego fests. TV preachers figured this stuff out decades ago.
Any shots from his POV? I'm guessing they are all behind him for the cameras.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
How are the idiots attending the rally responsible for the stickers being added and removed? Obviously there is some explanation and mine sounds a bit more convincing than yours which inexplicably blames the attendees for the stickers being removed.

The attendees are responsible for stupidly attending a public event/gathering during a pandemic with little to no safeguards. That was their contribution to this and I never defended them or tried to put any of their responsibility on the trolls. There is nothing "pathetic" about looking for the real reason the organizers changed course on the stickers.

I also agree that the event was stupid and should not have taken place. I also blame Trump and the organizers for that and criticize them for their wanton disregard for public health. Your over-reaction the the mere suggestion that there might be an explanation for their behavior with regard to the stickers is quite telling.

The explanation is obvious. The campaign didn't care abo social distancing, so they took down the stickers in anticipation of filling the venue. When that didn't happen, they packed all the people together anyway.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
The explanation is obvious. The campaign didn't care abo social distancing, so they took down the stickers in anticipation of filling the venue. When that didn't happen, they packed all the people together anyway.
So they DID care moments earlier when they were putting the stickers out and suddenly didn't care? My speculation merely attempts to explain BOTH actions.

Your speculation requires that they have real foresight into the attendance numbers that wasn't based on misleading indicators like reservation numbers... unless reservations were still extremely low with the troll reservations. Were they expecting massive crowds or weren't they? Last I heard, Trump is an idiot because he and the organizers were expecting massive crowds.

They are morons for expecting huge crowds and irreaponsible for holding it regardless of the turnout. Unfortunately, it's a little difficult to also believe they knew turnout would be low and preemptively removed the stickers. I have to pick one unless someone can show me how my speculation is somehow less valid than theirs.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So they DID care moments earlier when they were putting the stickers out and suddenly didn't care? My speculation merely attempts to explain BOTH actions.

Your speculation requires that they have real foresight into the attendance numbers that wasn't based on misleading indicators like reservation numbers... unless reservations were still extremely low with the troll reservations. Were they expecting massive crowds or weren't they? Last I heard, Trump is an idiot because he and the organizers were expecting massive crowds.

They are morons for expecting huge crowds and irreaponsible for holding it regardless of the turnout. Unfortunately, it's a little difficult to also believe they knew turnout would be low and preemptively removed the stickers. I have to pick one unless someone can show me how my speculation is somehow less valid than theirs.

The venue put up the stickers. The campaign took them down. It was just CYA on the part of the venue. "We tried! We really did!" It wasn't "moments before", either, but apparently some time or days prior to campaign staff arriving at the venue.

I'm not speculating about the fact that they built an outside stage so Trump could address the overflow crowd. They did. Pre-pandemic, there would have been one, as usual. Whatever their reasons, they expected and wanted to pack the venue, sooo... they removed the stickers in order to do that. They still packed the people together when the crowd was much smaller than expected, for the best optics & maximum viral transmission.

The notion that they removed the stickers because they knew turnout would be low is a non-sequitur. They removed the stickers from the entire venue, not just the areas that were actually occupied. That's evident in the photos.

Last edited:
Reactions: ivwshane and CZroe

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The fact they would go to see him in the first place, pandemic or not, is a sign how fucked up they are.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Trump supporters deserve COVID.
They are literally and figuratively asking for it.
The only problem I see here is that they will probably pick up their rifles and march thru a poor black neighborhood immediately afterwards, to celebrate how awesome they are.
Probably cough on babies just because. Fuckin dickholes.