Trump spends his morning retweeting anti Muslim videos

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
I'm not surprised at all that you think this video includes an effective takedown of HomerBoy's point, but this video makes sad-yet-hilarious viewing. For example, Bill Maher's "it's not Islamophobia when we do it", prompting a laugh, then him seriously saying "really, it's not!", but also Sam Harris's points about x% of Muslims believe such-and-such... OK, now take most of those questions and aim them at conservative Christians and tell me that you wouldn't get near-identical results, yet for some reason the conversation isn't about banning Christianity and Islam and every other organisation that has similar historical/cultural baggage. Right now the US is even vaguely entertaining the notion of letting a kiddie fiddler become a senator, and already has a known sex offender and now obviously far-right participant as President. I wouldn't be surprised if a predominantly Muslim country can be found with comparable claims to infamy, but a proponent for how things are in the US attempting to call that country out for their shit is just plain hypocritical.

No, I'm not calling for a ban on either Christianity or Islam, I'm just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of those in countries such as the US and UK who talk about "they don't share our values" and ignoring the fact that tonnes of non-Muslims in our countries also don't share those values, yet you don't see prominent conservatives painting say Christianity with a billion-people-wide brush in similar terms.

Which brings me back to the opening premise of the video: Bill Maher and Sam Harris calling out liberals for not criticising say Islam. You'll find plenty of liberals here who are happy to criticise Islam, me included, however I'm not going to use my criticism of Islam to slur a billion plus people and attempt to link them with terrorism, or say arguments as to why they should be excluded from travelling to US/UK/wherever.

Funny thing is, Britain First isn't a fascist organization based on ethnic differences but rather religious differences, they are a fundamentalist Christian terrorism advocate organization.

When you realize that then the actual irony of these arguments for the RT of their fake propaganda and against Islam is quite astounding.

Ignorance may be bliss for some but it sure makes them look like really dumb hypocrites.

Reactions: Aegeon