Trump says privately he will leave Paris climate agreement, and does!

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I mean, the paris agreement wasn't about net zero, it's about reduction and better balance.

If you're referring to the Green New Deal, which had a more aggressive goal of net zero by 2050 or earlier, then I'm a bit confused why you would hate on it so much if you also think the paris agreement is useless.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You uhhh...

You do realize that uhhh...

You can PROMISE things...

Especially elaborate moronic goals like "be climate neutral by 2050" with no basis of measurement or means of keeping stats rolling up to 2050.....

And actually not do a single fucking thing differently right?

You know, like the majority of humans that tell themselves "I will lose weight for the new year" and fail miserably because there is no accountability? Yeah, stuff like that. This is a picture perfect example of virtue signaling worthless crap.

I don't know why you continued bothering with that whole "reading" thing beyond the 2nd grade. It hasn't really done you much good since then. It just hasn't. :\

Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
anyway, how are those fugging bitchass "gold" drapes the fat bastard put up in the Oval still not removed? Why is he sitting in front of that fucking Trump crap? FFS.

Reactions: Zorba

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
In relation to being climate neutral by 2050? AB-SO-FUCKING-LUTELY lol.

You can't be serious, right?
Considering 30 years ago, sedans averaged less than 20 mph, coal plants were still the number one new source of power, and there was no utility scale solar or wind, I wouldn't be so confident in your predictions for 30 years from now if we make the right investments.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Sounds like you support something more aggressive. What would you suggest?
I am guessing something along the lines of population controls. Yep, that's the ticket to cleaning up the environment. Or at least thats what that stupid poll thread seems to be about.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
You uhhh...

You do realize that uhhh...

You can PROMISE things...

Especially elaborate moronic goals like "be climate neutral by 2050" with no basis of measurement or means of keeping stats rolling up to 2050.....

And actually not do a single fucking thing differently right?

You know, like the majority of humans that tell themselves "I will lose weight for the new year" and fail miserably because there is no accountability? Yeah, stuff like that. This is a picture perfect example of virtue signaling worthless crap.

The US rejoined the Paris Agreement because it's one of the fastest things Biden could do, and tells the planet that the country respects science and international cooperation again. I'd say that's useful all by itself.

The action is the harder part, but that's both in the cards and expected. What did you think Biden was going to do, snap his fingers and make the US carbon neutral? These things take time.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
The US rejoined the Paris Agreement because it's one of the fastest things Biden could do, and tells the planet that the country respects science and international cooperation again. I'd say that's useful all by itself.

The action is the harder part, but that's both in the cards and expected. What did you think Biden was going to do, snap his fingers and make the US carbon neutral? These things take time.

if only we had made trump a very large, golden gauntlet with some shiny stones embedded in it!

• Haha
Reactions: dawp

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
if only we had made trump a very large, golden gauntlet with some shiny stones embedded in it!

Oh, thank goodness Trump didn't actually have Thanos-like power... the world would have ended on his first day of office.

(I did realize that I was imagining Biden as a benevolent, eco-friendly Thanos.)

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
anyway, how are those fugging bitchass "gold" drapes the fat bastard put up in the Oval still not removed? Why is he sitting in front of that fucking Trump crap? FFS.

The gold drapes are from the Clinton era. I think what makes the room feel f'd up is the rug Trump had down the light color with the gold drapes and light walls just doesn't work IMO. Biden put back the blue rug that Clinton had which helps balance things out I think.

I still think Obama's oval decor rocked the most of modern presidents:

obama-oval-office.jpg

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

In terms of fast action very much looking forward to Interior stamping the permits for 30-40GW of offshore wind in the near future which Trump's lackeys had bottled up.