Trump says privately he will leave Paris climate agreement, and does!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
As expected Trump is a buffoon. The accords aren't strictly necessary of course but it would require an honest effort on our part and there's nothing like honest on the US side.

Donald Trump is fast turning America into an international joke. I don't know how much climate impact this decision will have but I do know that it's going to take a long time to repair the damage that this administration is doing to the country.

Reactions: teejee and Ns1

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
And you exist at the absolute rock bottom of that ecosystem. A man without a damn clue about anything or anyone, who thinks he knows better than everyone else. You're an embarrassment to the human race.

Comparing this to how you react to inaccurate statements (eg. with verbose corrections) would imply that's not how you categorize my assessment. Also worth noting that you seem to favor said statements from various degenerates over accurate assessments of reality which don't portray you positively.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
God is he a horrible speaker. On and on and on and on and on and on. Will the campaigning ever stop. And I can't wait for the fact checkers to go over his speech.

America first the planet last.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
C1uhYDQXAAATG3J.jpg

Reactions: sandorski

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
I thought I was watching a cheer leading competition. So much ass kissing.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Another win and i'm still not tired of winning.

The win where Trump decided to leave a voluntary agreement and diminish our diplomatic leverage with other countries to gain literally nothing? It's voluntary, we didn't have to do anything we didn't want to even if we stayed in. He just pissed off the rest of the world and got nothing in return.

lol, that's quite a win. It has to be at least a little embarrassing to you to see how Trump keeps getting rolled over and over again in international relations. Did you think he would be this inept?

Reactions: Kuosimodo

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I'm convinced we're gonna have a revolution and Trump and his entire administration and family will be ending up like Louix XVI because this is "let them eat cake".

Can't turn back now.. its on!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Elon Musk departing advisory councils and Immelt of GE saying the decision was disappointing, affirming the existence of climate change, and industry must now lead.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
It's really just Syria. If I remember correctly Nicaragua didn't join because the agreement didn't go far enough.

Even better(worse). Now we have something in common with Putin's other puppet state.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I'm curious to see Trump approval numbers after all the latest scandals and the Paris Agreement exit. I'm certain there will be a floor supported by his die hard fans, but I still want to know how low can it go.

Jul 9, 2009
Awwwwwww ................ " this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal"

May 11, 2008
I will just post this text from myself in October last year about Trump:

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...ting-too-obvious.2489537/page-2#post-38533629

I do worry that Trump would remove all kinds of regulations to protect people in the US and around the world and alienate the US at the same time from the rest of the world. With as exception of course militant factions in the middle east. Trump would be eager to support them under the table.
Also, companies like monsanto would be relieved of any regulation present and their practices would get worse because of the inherent weaknesses of self regulation.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
here's hoping a love canal runs through your backyard
I don't normally wish pain on people, but I hope you arrive at the inescapable knowledge of the effects of what you support and have to live with that knowledge.

IIRC, taj has a geology degree which might well imply he's employed in such a capacity (eg oil) to have a vested interest in continuing pollution.

Reactions: Kuosimodo