Trump says he is halting funding for the World Health Organization

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
who%20funding.png

That's lot of dollars WHO will not get from the US. Hopefully, this leads to Tedros Adhanom resigning or stepping down from his Director-General position. If I was Trump, that's the condition I would put on the funding. Remove Tedros and get funding. Keep him and get nothing.
Where did you get this chart? It seems to have left the UK off.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
trump: farmer gina has weasels in her hen house but she's working very hard to control the weasels and i want to thank her for doing a great job!

six days later trump notices weasels in his hen house
*trump*: nudges one of ten doors to his hen house a bit more closed, ignores other doors, loudly claims his door nudging was one of the best jobs ever, claims the squawking of the chickens is a hoax, that there's only 1 weasel in his hen house, soon to be zero, like a miracle!

*more weasels keep coming in and having babies inside trump's hen house, which soon has one of the worst weasel infestations in the world*

two months later
trump apologists: we need to gut the farm health board, which we haven't attended in 2 years, because it listened to farmer gina too much!

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo and Ajay
Mar 11, 2004
who%20funding.png

That's lot of dollars WHO will not get from the US. Hopefully, this leads to Tedros Adhanom resigning or stepping down from his Director-General position. If I was Trump, that's the condition I would put on the funding. Remove Tedros and get funding. Keep him and get nothing.

If you think that's a good thing then you are a horrible person.
Then again, no doubt you'd like to push your insane thoughts on vaccines onto the WHO as well.
You know what, I owe an apology on that, it was a different person posting that shit.

I do wonder how you square away your love for Musk considering he was downplaying the pandemic as recently as March.

Last edited:

amrnuke

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2019
who%20funding.png

I disagree with Trump on a lot of stuff, but I do not think Tedros has business running the WHO.
Let's get a true physician back in charge there. Not someone who loves dictators, makes secret appointments, and has a history of downplaying and covering up epidemics even BEFORE he became head of the WHO.
Tedros has been slow-acting, unaggressive, laid back, and that's exactly what the head of the WHO shouldn't be.
And while I appreciate the work he's done on behalf of Ethiopia and the world with respect to the Ebola outbreak, which honestly could have gone much much worse, he was far too compliant in just taking China at its word. China then later admitted it was counting cases wrong, and there may be tens of thousands of more deaths in Wuhan province alone than initially reported.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
That US voluntary contributions, like 350 million is from Bill Gates. So not all the money going away. Only what Trumpity Dumpity can withhold.

And funds should be withheld from Kellyanne Conway for that “not COVID-1” soundbite.

Mar 11, 2004
That US voluntary contributions, like 350 million is from Bill Gates. So not all the money going away. Only what Trumpity Dumpity can withhold.

And funds should be withheld from Kellyanne Conway for that “not COVID-1” soundbite.

Which, that voluntary amount is likely gonna go up. I think Gates said they're intentionally gonna blow billions on developing multiple vaccines (and production for them) simultaneously so as to try and get the fastest return they can, hoping that they can get at least one or two viable vaccines and get production running ASAP.

Its almost like, the WHO does a lot of things. And its baffling that as we have a President fucking raging about the economic damage, we have people trying to blame the WHO for not shutting down things quickly enough because countries aren't keen on the economic damage that comes from that. Gee, I wonder where the fuck that came from? Even more bizarre are those people raging that China pressured WHO, so the US should do the same damn thing in the same damn manner.

The absolute dumbest fucking aspect of this are those people are acting like Turmp is acting rationally about this. He's not, he's raving like a fucking moronic lunatic using this as the scapegoat for his own shitty behavior. Its dumb to be trying to blame WHO while Turmp is openly doing the same goddamn shit you're trying to blame WHO on but apparently not giving a shit about it. 100% guarantee that Turmp would have absolutely refused if the WHO had requested we shutdown to stop spread of a disease if it happened here like it happened in China. 100% guarantee you'd be screaming bloody murder if the rest of the world was like "ya'll are assholes and knew better, fuck you, we're pulling funding for WHO just to say fuck you."

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
Yeah, didn't know that. Is this winning?

You spelled whining wrong. Which see that's what people mistook. They thought right wingers were being assholes. They just simply couldn't spell and really were just being honest with us that we were gonna get endless whining.

• Haha
Reactions: Ajay

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Where did you get this chart? It seems to have left the UK off.
Another chart. This one is from WHO. $400 million is big loss. But virus is causing hardship for everyone. Time for WHO to tighten that belt and go on a diet.

_111808269_who_funding_640_3x-nc.png

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Another chart. This one is from WHO. $400 million is big loss. But virus is causing hardship for everyone. Time for WHO to tighten that belt and go on a diet.

_111808269_who_funding_640_3x-nc.png
Would you please post links. It's not that hard.