Trump says he 'can’t imagine the courts allowing' him to be impeached

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Does Trump even know that the courts have no say in whether he gets impeached ……..

President Trump renewed his assertion that Robert Mueller’s report exonerated him of wrongdoing, claiming that the special counsel "would have brought charges" if he could, and adding that he “can’t imagine the courts allowing” him to be impeached.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
If it were someone else, I'd say it was desperation and fear that led to those comments.

But Trump is an utter moron. His mind is that of a child perpetually lost in a world of rational adults. On top of that he's petrified. Poor Donnie Two Scoops is going to have to face the music for the first time in his life, and it's going to be a doozy.

Can't wait to see this traitor in cuffs.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Clearly Trump or his supporters don't care about the Constitution. They consider it an annoyance that interferes with their dystopian fascist society

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I think it's consistent with his overall total lack of understanding about how our government actually works. Or at least used to work. I think it's some extension of Barr's idiocy in claiming that Mueller whiffed on evidence and thus Barr made a prosecutorial decision against indictment and therefore impeaching him would be illegal. Of course that story is lunacy, but regardless even if he were allowed to be indicted it has nothing to do with impeachment. I don't expect any Conservative talking heads to point out that the Fuhrer has gone off the rails a bit. If anything, they'll grow this thinking and try to make it seem that there is a judicial imperative to stop impeachment.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I think it's consistent with his overall total lack of understanding about how our government actually works. Or at least used to work. I think it's some extension of Barr's idiocy in claiming that Mueller whiffed on evidence and thus Barr made a prosecutorial decision against indictment and therefore impeaching him would be illegal. Of course that story is lunacy, but regardless even if he were allowed to be indicted it has nothing to do with impeachment. I don't expect any Conservative talking heads to point out that the Fuhrer has gone off the rails a bit. If anything, they'll grow this thinking and try to make it seem that there is a judicial imperative to stop impeachment.

I would say that a "bit off the rails" is an understatement, but yes there is that. He demonstrates mental deterioration (from whatever cause) that he presents an existential danger in this alone. Couple that with his manifestations of what I'll refer to as acts of enormity regardless of cause? It's perfectly reasonable from his perspective that the SCOTUS would stop impeachment and further he is at the point where he'll deem the jurists as illegitimate and defy them as well as Congress. He demonstrates an utter lack of self restraint and an unlimited belief in self entitlement.

This is the most dangerous President in our history combined with a complicit GOP who cares not a bit except for packing courts, eliminating regulations and furthering greed.

We either act against such things with the strongest measures or this becomes the new and perpetual norm. 2020 is too late regardless of the election.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I would say that a "bit off the rails" is an understatement, but yes there is that. He demonstrates mental deterioration (from whatever cause) that he presents an existential danger in this alone. Couple that with his manifestations of what I'll refer to as acts of enormity regardless of cause? It's perfectly reasonable from his perspective that the SCOTUS would stop impeachment and further he is at the point where he'll deem the jurists as illegitimate and defy them as well as Congress. He demonstrates an utter lack of self restraint and an unlimited belief in self entitlement.

This is the most dangerous President in our history combined with a complicit GOP who cares not a bit except for packing courts, eliminating regulations and furthering greed.

We either act against such things with the strongest measures or this becomes the new and perpetual norm. 2020 is too late regardless of the election.
I agree, the dems are going to have to impeach whether or not the senate removes, once the evidence is out there and the senate fails it's job, the gop will be very vulnerable in 2020.

at least in my view.
trump can't stonewall forever.