Trump, same vein as Nixon if elected?

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011
If elected would Trunp resort to Nixon like espionage tactics to thwart his political enemies?

Or perhaps blackmail like J. Edgar Hoover?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
If elected would Trunp resort to Nixon like espionage tactics to thwart his political enemies?

That seems to be Hillary's M.O. way more than Trump who would play the incompetent buffoon angle pioneered by Berlussconi. Hillary probably has more Nixonian tendencies than Nixon himself.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Dunno, but I've already predicted that if elected, he will resign in his first term or at very least, not run for a second. We'll see.

Triloby

Mar 18, 2016

That's assuming Trump is even smart, experienced, or cunning enough to resort to political espionage in the first place.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Great thread. ;)
Trump is a psychopath, paranoid, dishonest, a compulsive liar, and delusional.
And that is the least we know about him.
I never liked Richard Nixon, but I wouldn't compare Donald to Richard.
I would not be that mean to Richard Nixon.

Feb 4, 2009
Honestly I think Trump will act surprisingly like a big Government Democrat. Ignoring the bar Muslim's crap, he's pro infrastructure, he's for doing big things, he's not anti union, he's said and gave tentative examples of what Obamacare should be replaced with and its pretty similar to Obamacare, he's said people who can't care for themselves need care provided and his answers regarding abortion were vague but we all know he's said stuff in the past that was essentially its a settle matter.

Nov 25, 2013
Well, Hillary's alleged shadiness goes back a good ways.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/clinton-watergate/

and Snopes says, nope.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/zeifman.asp

The guy wasn't even her boss so how did he fire her?

"But as noted above, Zeifman had no authority to "terminate" Hillary. They were members of different staffs, and Zeifman had no hiring or firing authority over members of the Impeachment Inquiry staff for which Hillary worked. (That authority rested with Special Counsel John Doar and, ultimately, with House Judiciary Committee Chairman Peter Rodino.) Quite tellingly, Zeifman made absolutely no mention of having "fired" or "terminated" Hillary Rodham, nor of telling her that he "could not recommend her for any further positions," in his 1995 book; he only started claiming so much later. Back in 1995 he noted that Hillary had remained with the inquiry staff up until the end, leaving only when President Nixon's August 1974 resignation made the issue of impeachment moot and the Judiciary Committee's impeachment inquiry staff was therefore disbanded:"