Trump requests paperwork to pardon accused US war criminals

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
Remember this one? Oldie buy goodie.

"If this peachmint just pardon my self"
Hehe. He's such a dumba$$ that he doesnt understand that accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt.

Props to the dude who brought up President Andrew Johnson in a Trump discussion. Really now, could we possibly go down a worse false equivalence tangent? The notion of a war crime didnt come into effect until the 20th century for one thing.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Pardoning murders isnt exclusive to Trump. Members of FALN, a terrorist group from Puerto Rico. Dwight Loving was on death row for killing two cab drivers.

And theres pardons for POTUS attempted assasination...some guy who shot 5 senators on the floor, even some convicted of espionage. HERE is a pretty good list.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Pardoning murders isnt exclusive to Trump. Members of FALN, a terrorist group from Puerto Rico. Dwight Loving was on death row for killing two cab drivers.

And theres pardons for POTUS attempted assasination...some guy who shot 5 senators on the floor, even some convicted of espionage. HERE is a pretty good list.
The Dwight Loving one isn't a great example as he was not pardoned but his sentence was commuted to life without parole.

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
So, the battlefield allows for such behavior... yet, when American citizens who attacked American soldiers on the battlefield are killed, that is not OK?

Why is that...?

Oh yeah! Because a black man ordered the execution of those who were attacking and killing American soldiers!

Silly me!

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
So, the battlefield allows for such behavior... yet, when American citizens who attacked American soldiers on the battlefield are killed, that is not OK?

Why is that...?

Oh yeah! Because a black man ordered the execution of those who were attacking and killing American soldiers!

Silly me!
Are you okay? Do you need help?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I already made my opinion clear on the subject matter. Just because I didn't tow the P&N partly line and join in on the Trump bashing doesn't mean my opinion wasn't already stated. Perhaps you need to reread the thread.

q9ssa.jpg

You are towing the party line though and you were called out on it. Your posts are irrelevant to the topic and all you’ve done is show everybody that your loyalty to trump is unquestionable as you won’t even bother to questions the reasoning of your cult leader.

Have you always had the attitude that our political leaders should be able to use the powers given to them without question? Or do you reserve that opinion only for when your team is in power?

***Damn it I didn’t notice the posting date.

Last edited:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Is this the most openly grotesque behavior of the administration so far?

No, I think separating families and not having a plan in place to reunite them is above this.

This is simply another act by trump to rally the deplorables and to lower the bar of what acceptable behavior is. It’s hard to call for a civil war if Americans aren’t willing to kill each other and you can only get to that point by lowering the bar of what is acceptable behavior is. We will know if he’s successful if we start seeing people defend this behavior.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Why is that...?

Silly me!
You for real?? Seek help fast before it is too late......

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I believe he’s referring to Faux News outrage when Obama ordered a drone strike on an American citizen terrorist, yet crickets when Trump pardons an accused war criminal. Not sure he made his point though.

I mean, I'm the first one to criticize Obama for his drone killing, but that's still not CELEBRATING the murder of innocent people. Jesus Christ.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

damning
Let's be honest. At this point, the closer someone is to acting like a straight up Nazi, the more the Trump base likes that person. I do not believe there is a single human being that supports Trump, because those who support him have surrendered their humanity to support his monstrosity.

Reactions: zinfamous
Feb 4, 2009
No link but I heard some interviews with seals this dude worked with and commanded.
dont remember the exact quote but I do remember one stating “he is a psychopath“
many others were like (but not quotes I can’t remember the exact words)
unfit to lead
everything is about him
I heard him say (I’m excited to kill someone) I’ll shoot anyone

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Some of the SEALs said they came to believe that the chief was purposefully exposing them to enemy fire to bait ISIS fighters into revealing their positions. They said the chief thought that casualties in the platoon would increase his chances for a Silver Star.

That's the most horrifying thing to me.

• Wow
Reactions: ch33zw1z

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
No link but I heard some interviews with seals this dude worked with and commanded.
dont remember the exact quote but I do remember one stating “he is a psychopath“
many others were like (but not quotes I can’t remember the exact words)
unfit to lead
everything is about him
I heard him say (I’m excited to kill someone) I’ll shoot anyone
Yeah but Trump has better brains than anyone in the military, so he knows best.