Trump Rally featuring Special Guest Hannity!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Don't most of the major news outlets have people that only do opinion pieces?

Yes but Fox only has people that ramble on with opinion pieces. Fox News Corp. aren't actually registered as a news organization, but as an "entertainment entity," which is funny (to skirt FCC regulations), but they certainly want you to think that they are a news organization. It's simply marketing.

The best Propaganda is that which manages to convince you it's real. I wouldn't call Fox the best--because it's quite obvious, really--but it sure as shit works for a lot of people.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Trump is far from perfect, but he's exactly what America needs right now. The left has run amok and exchanged common sense for lunacy, facts for political correctness, earnest fights to achieve equal rights for extra privilege and blaming others.

We need someone who plans to discard the Judicial Branch and replace the Constitution with their own will.

A would be facist tyrant by his stated intent, and you want that.

Not a good look.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
People who go to these rallies are going to vote Republican anyways. But it does energize Democrats.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
We need someone who plans to discard the Judicial Branch and replace the Constitution with their own will.

A would be facist tyrant by his stated intent, and you want that.

Not a good look.

Did you have a straight face while you typed that? You guys absolutely didn't care one iota when it came to preserving the 2A. You've been preaching for years how amendments are open to interpretation, how the constitution is a living document that changes with the times. But that's the left today, worry more about unsecuring our borders so people from all over can invade without being vetted vs. preserving our Bill of Rights.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Did you have a straight face while you typed that? You guys absolutely didn't care one iota when it came to preserving the 2A. You've been preaching for years how amendments are open to interpretation, how the constitution is a living document that changes with the times. But that's the left today, worry more about unsecuring our borders so people from all over can invade without being vetted vs. preserving our Bill of Rights.
14th Amendment says hello.

Reactions: Vic

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

What is my position on the 2a? Guess what? I'm in the pro owner. The Constitution has properly been subject to interpretation since the first judicial rulings on law. That is part of that that Branch is tasked with. NO PRESIDENT in the history of the US has assumed and planned to usurp and overrule the other two branches, one which writes law and the other which is the SOLE branch which can overtly define meaning.

But the border! Look at this horde of death coming our way. Please, Mr Trump. We don't want the Constitutional protections and rights. We want you to command what they will be Great Lord.

NO President has said "You can't have guns" and changed the meaning of the Constitution. None at all.

Buy a dictator for borders? You seem to be all over that.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

You clearly think the same thing as you're attempting to reinterpret the 14th amendment.

It's kind of funny that your argument is 'HOW DARE YOU HAVE THE SAME IDENTICAL POSITION AS ME'.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
You clearly think the same thing as you're attempting to reinterpret the 14th amendment.

It's kind of funny that your argument is 'HOW DARE YOU HAVE THE SAME IDENTICAL POSITION AS ME'.

Thing is I don't. As I said I'm pro ownership but with responsibilities proportionate to what that means. If Bush, Obama, Trump, anyone said "I'll give you what you want, just let me be your ruler" I'd say fuck off and I expect that if your position was advocated in the same way you'd tell him or her to eff off.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Trump is far from perfect, but he's exactly what America needs right now. The left has run amok and exchanged common sense for lunacy, facts for political correctness, earnest fights to achieve equal rights for extra privilege and blaming others.
Slow's canned response # 243

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
What is my position on the 2a? Guess what? I'm in the pro owner. The Constitution has properly been subject to interpretation since the first judicial rulings on law. That is part of that that Branch is tasked with. NO PRESIDENT in the history of the US has assumed and planned to usurp and overrule the other two branches, one which writes law and the other which is the SOLE branch which can overtly define meaning.

But the border! Look at this horde of death coming our way. Please, Mr Trump. We don't want the Constitutional protections and rights. We want you to command what they will be Great Lord.

NO President has said "You can't have guns" and changed the meaning of the Constitution. None at all.

Buy a dictator for borders? You seem to be all over that.

Because previous POTUS's haven't been transparent doesn't mean they haven't whittled away the 2A towards the goal of getting rid of it. Hell, the left has a candidate openly calling for the confiscation of guns running in GA now, even. As you yourself said, it is open to interpretation, if Trump writes an EO to stop the caravan from entering, the court will rule on it. Just like they did with his travel ban. Checks and balances.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Because previous POTUS's haven't been transparent doesn't mean they haven't whittled away the 2A towards the goal of getting rid of it. Hell, the left has a candidate openly calling for the confiscation of guns running in GA now, even. As you yourself said, it is open to interpretation, if Trump writes an EO to stop the caravan from entering, the court will rule on it. Just like they did with his travel ban. Checks and balances.

Every single President would be subject to judicial review. The redefinition of what the Constution actually means by EO removes what the Courts have ruled. Nothing has ever been done by any Dem, or Republican for that matter. Trump declares himself the government at that point with nothing that can counter that. He controls the Constitution and the Constitution as he determines it to be on his own for any purpose making you potentially his subject. You want that? Start a monarchy somewhere else.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
She's not running for the "confiscation of guns", liar.

Nov 25, 2013

C'mon dude. Put at least a little bit of effort into it.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

How do you type this shit with a straight face. Reading Trump quotes from all his midterm turnout rallies is insane. It's just one whopper of a lie after the other. The fact you believe this shit and think the left is devoid of facts is scary. You are basically a goner dude. People that believe so many damn lies have made a choice to leave reality and head into an alternate universe from which to lay judgement from other people on. That makes you borderline insane and really incapable of dialogue. People like you should NEVER be included in dialogue on how to make this country run since you have willfully chosen to leave reality. That's not to say you won't receive the benefits of the government under Democratic rule, but you sure as fuck shouldn't have a seat at the table - it would waste everyone's time. America needs people that exist on this plane, not some deluded and depraved one Trump and FOx News have come up with. It's downright disgusting.

Reactions: Meghan54 and nickqt

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
How do you type this shit with a straight face. Reading Trump quotes from all his midterm turnout rallies is insane. It's just one whopper of a lie after the other. The fact you believe this shit and think the left is devoid of facts is scary. You are basically a goner dude. People that believe so many damn lies have made a choice to leave reality and head into an alternate universe from which to lay judgement from other people on. That makes you borderline insane and really incapable of dialogue. People like you should NEVER be included in dialogue on how to make this country run since you have willfully chosen to leave reality. That's not to say you won't receive the benefits of the government under Democratic rule, but you sure as fuck shouldn't have a seat at the table - it would waste everyone's time. America needs people that exist on this plane, not some deluded and depraved one Trump and FOx News have come up with. It's downright disgusting.

It's what the Russian feminazis told him.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Not a lawyer-

A network guy intentionally walked onto a political stage during an actual political campaign with the effect of supporting a party.

Is he now a campaigner? He didn't give an opinion on a show, he actively participated.

Not going to stick but as an agent of fox I;d love for them to be cited as making campaign donations to the value of all their supportive programming. Being arrested for telling people to destroy evidence in a criminal investigation would be nice too. Yeah he did that.

Feb 4, 2009
Not a lawyer-

A network guy intentionally walked onto a political stage during an actual political campaign with the effect of supporting a party.

Is he now a campaigner? He didn't give an opinion on a show, he actively participated.

Not going to stick but as an agent of fox I;d love for them to be cited as making campaign donations to the value of all their supportive programming. Being arrested for telling people to destroy evidence in a criminal investigation would be nice too. Yeah he did that.

Per Hannity he had no idea he was going to be invited to the stage and something about it being disrespectful to say no.
He said this while it was a fact that rally was headlining special guest Sean Hannity