Trump praises Kim’s authoritarian rule, says ‘I want my people to do the same’

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
He's not even trying to hide it anymore...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2351b5ece99_story.html?utm_term=.d8e359ecbde8

President Trump on Friday complimented Kim Jong Un’s authoritarian rule in North Korea, observing with apparent envy that when the 35-year-old dictator speaks, “his people sit up at attention.”

“He’s the head of a country, and I mean he’s the strong head,” Trump told Fox News Channel. “Don’t let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same.”

NAC4EV

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2015
Fox & Friends host Abby Huntsman had it right there were two dictators getting off the plane.

camiseta-south-park-eric-cartman-resp-large2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ch33zw1z

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
“He’s the head of a country, and I mean he’s the strong head,” Trump told Fox News Channel. “Don’t let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same.”

I wonder how long it will take for Trump to figure out what he needs to do; I'm reminded of the Piranha Brothers (Monty Python) sketch:

monty python said:
Denied the opportunity to use their talents in the service of their country, they began to operate what they called 'The Operation'. They would select a victim and then threaten to beat him up if he paid the so-called protection money. Four months later they started another operation which the called 'The Other Operation'. In this racket they selected another victim and threatened not to beat him up if he didn't pay them. One month later they hit upon 'The Other Other Operation'. In this the victim was threatened that if he didn't pay them, they would beat him up. This for the Piranha brothers was the turning point.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Trump wishes he could torture and kill political prisoners. That's why he loves the Erdogans/Kims/Putins/Dutertes of the world.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
The initial spin was that he meant "staff" only.

Later Trump said he was joking.

Given that I have seen no evidence that he has a sense of humor, or has ever told a joke, I do not believe him.

So going back to the "staff" spin, that implies that the people he has surrounded himself with are not showing him the level of attention and respect that he believes he is due.

He is so weak in so many ways. I'm blown away by all the people so desperate to lick his balls.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
The initial spin was that he meant "staff" only.

Later Trump said he was joking.

Given that I have seen no evidence that he has a sense of humor, or has ever told a joke, I do not believe him.

So going back to the "staff" spin, that implies that the people he has surrounded himself with are not showing him the level of attention and respect that he believes he is due.

He is so weak in so many ways. I'm blown away by all the people so desperate to lick his balls.

Oh please, his staff already lick his taint, he obviously meant all Americans.

Nov 25, 2013
He's not even trying to hide it anymore...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2351b5ece99_story.html?utm_term=.d8e359ecbde8

President Trump on Friday complimented Kim Jong Un’s authoritarian rule in North Korea, observing with apparent envy that when the 35-year-old dictator speaks, “his people sit up at attention.”

Re the bolded, he's never really bothered to try.

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
No trying to defend Trump here, but we need to read carefully to understand what Trump said.

While we all know that Trump is a bit of a megalomaniac, the part in bold is specifically stating that he wants people to sit at attention when he speaks. Which, okay... ("my people?"), but a normal response from any megalomaniac who is in leadership. That's a lot different though than wanting to be a dictator, and for that I find the title of the article to be a bit misleading.

Seriously, are we still surprised by Trump making outlandish statements?

Also, understand that the North Korean regime is monitoring all press and statements from Trump and his team. Any negative press could potentially jeopardize this potential peace process (where it goes).

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
For someone who didn't want to defend Trump, you've done an awful lot of defending of Trump.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
No trying to defend Trump here, but we need to read carefully to understand what Trump said.

While we all know that Trump is a bit of a megalomaniac, the part in bold is specifically stating that he wants people to sit at attention when he speaks. Which, okay... ("my people?"), but a normal response from any megalomaniac who is in leadership. That's a lot different though than wanting to be a dictator, and for that I find the title of the article to be a bit misleading.

Seriously, are we still surprised by Trump making outlandish statements?

Also, understand that the North Korean regime is monitoring all press and statements from Trump and his team. Any negative press could potentially jeopardize this potential peace process (where it goes).

I hope trump fails and I don't care about NK but as I posted in an earlier thread (this is a duplicate BTW) this is really fake news.

Why? He was talking about his staff. Watch the video when he says that he points back to the White House. What's sad is all news stations are posting this not in the full context with the video and people are in a frenzy. Again watch the video where he says that, and judge for yourself.

Reactions: Ajay

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
I hope trump fails and I don't care about NK but as I posted in an earlier thread (this is a duplicate BTW) this is really fake news.

Why? He was talking about his staff. Watch the video when he says that he points back to the White House. What's sad is all news stations are posting this not in the full context with the video and people are in a frenzy. Again watch the video where he says that, and judge for yourself.

Fair enough.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009

As I posted before, follow that line of logic though. If he's talking about his staff and isn't happy with them, what does that say about him and his weakness as a leader?

He said something of epic level stupidity. There's no way to make it better for him. That's why he had to fall back on "joking" later.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001

Good catch!

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
As I posted before, follow that line of logic though. If he's talking about his staff and isn't happy with them, what does that say about him and his weakness as a leader?

He said something of epic level stupidity. There's no way to make it better for him. That's why he had to fall back on "joking" later.

I don't see how that makes him looks weaker as a leader. Its definitely a passive aggressive way dealing with his staff though, pretty sad. But it doesn't register on my rage scale.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I don't see how that makes him looks weaker as a leader. Its definitely a passive aggressive way dealing with his staff though, pretty sad. But it doesn't register on my rage scale.
How is passive aggressive not weak in terms of a leader?

It's not on my rage scale either, but I do think he's dumb and this is a perfect illustration of just how dumb.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Too bad.