Trump praises Gianforte, recounting his assault on reporter

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Surely saying such things is an impeachable offense. An internet petition should be started to get the impeachment proceedings started.

If there were any shreds of integrity and civility in the Republicans, they would be demanding an apology with the very serious threat of impeachment if Trump refused. The President isn't supposed to joke about or encourage violence against the press -- no exceptions.

Feb 16, 2005
where are the usual suspects who piss and moan saying that the dems are the real violent offenders? the same ones who ask for proof that the fucktard in chief has called for violence.
fucking spineless cowards, every one of them.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
where are the usual suspects who piss and moan saying that the dems are the real violent offenders? the same ones who ask for proof that the fucktard in chief has called for violence.

They'll be along eventually with the faux news whataboutism talking points.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Waiting for Tucker, Sean, and Laura to tell them what to think.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So true. Apparently, they gotten their walking papers on how to attack a journalist for causing his own murder.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
How unsurprising that Dump is stupid enough to be crowing about this bullshit right after the Khashoggi assassination, in addition to working hard on a narrative that the Dems are the violent mob.

Syphilitic dementia, or something, is at work on a guy with a room temperature IQ, ugh. If the consequences weren't so serious I'd be laughing my ass off. I almost feel sorry for the dumb bastard.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Strongman Trump brags about how he could murder someone in public and not lose a voter.

Strongman Trump says that the media are the enemy of the people.

Strongman Trump defends Saudi Arabia murdering a member of the media, because money.

Strongman Trump brags about a political ally who physically assaulted a member of the media.

Why do libruuuuls suffer from TDS?!?

Reactions: Vic

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
This a case the POTUS being his usual D-bag self at a without any understanding of the significance of its timing, or is it a deliberate "fuck you" directed at the 5th estate and anyone who cares what happened to Jamal Khashoggi?

If Trump had applauded the attack on the reporter while standing in some state other than Montana, I'd say it was a case of his wanting to signal 'I approve of what the Saudis did to Khashoggi; it's open season on journalists'.

But he was in Montana, surrounded by people who (in all likelihood) had voted for the guy who attacked the reporter. So that probably had something to do with the remarks - rather than being a pure expression of pro-MBS sentiment. Cowardly, tone deaf and dangerous nonetheless.