Trump postpones Denmark trip after prime minister refuses to sell Greenland (not onion)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Can we declare war on Denmark and then immediately surrender? Then we'll be in same country as Greenland, and actually get some competent people to govern ourselves?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I truly don't believe it's obfuscation as much as it's dumbfuckery.

I think both can be true.

Trump is the dumbfucking buffoon that the GOP desperately needs and so has empowered to cleverly distract their brainwashed sycophants from all the dastardly shit that their decades of planning has finally allowed them to exploit.

And no, I'm not exaggerating. These are some fucking Saturday morning Rocky and Bullwinkle criminals trying to run the country.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Trump realized he was going to be visiting Denmark around the same time Obama was and he figured out he wouldn't get as enthusiastic a reception. So he provoked a diplomatic crisis with Denmark so he'd have an excuse to cancel his trip.

I'm assuming there's a similar runaround any time Trump is scheduled to see a urologist.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Maybe this is why Trump focused on Greenland?

$

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
don't worry people, our relationship with Denmark is in the hands of very talented and capable ambassador...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carla_Sands

that Life University chiropractic degree and amazing actress skills will come in real handy. her Wiki also doesn't mention her penchant for retweeting crazy conspiracy theories.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
don't worry people, our relationship with Denmark is in the hands of very talented and capable ambassador...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carla_Sands

that Life University chiropractic degree and amazing actress skills will come in real handy. her Wiki also doesn't mention her penchant for retweeting crazy conspiracy theories.
Is Chiropractic a valid medical field? Seems that a lot of them promote quackery and sell herbal supplements.:rolleyes:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Well this story just took a turn from hilarious/absurd to downright scary:

Trump Joked About Swapping Puerto Rico for Greenland: Report
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-joked-about-swapping-puerto-rico-for-greenland-report

Months before President Trump made laughable headlines by expressing his interest in purchasing Greenland, he reportedly joked with aides and floated the idea of trading Puerto Rico for the Danish territory in a meeting last year, The New York Times reports.

Divider in Chief indeed...between this and ending birthright citizenship, he sure seems to be clamoring to strip certain ethnicities of their rights. What do you call that again???

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Trump realized he was going to be visiting Denmark around the same time Obama was and he figured out he wouldn't get as enthusiastic a reception. So he provoked a diplomatic crisis with Denmark so he'd have an excuse to cancel his trip.

I'm assuming there's a similar runaround any time Trump is scheduled to see a urologist.
Did not know that. There you have it. Trump's always motivated by his lower instincts. Number 1 being that no one will out shine him.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Did not know that. There you have it. Trump's always motivated by his lower instincts. Number 1 being that no one will out shine him.

Denmark didn't make a big deal about it. But Loser Donald had his customary reaction when a woman turns him down. Any woman who stands up to him or talks back is "nasty" Just like Men who disagree with him, or, who he feels threatened by are, "weak" and companies who don't do what he wants are "failing."

Trump is very sensitive about his manliness (Clearly, he has reason to be) and his, ahem, brain. The way to troll him is to insinuate he's not so manly, not so smart, and not so stable. It'll get an unhinged reaction every time. Whoever wins the democratic nomination need not worry about debating him on facts and policy points (those two things are alien to him); just question his intelligence and sanity, and his penis size, and it'll be a guaranteed win.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The GOP is running ads showing Greenland as part of the United States, with the slogan, 'Support President Trump and his efforts to help America grow!'

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2...-shirt-1471960

I know conservatives aren't known for having a sense of humor, but this is a decent joke. Help America grow. I give them a solid B for that joke. It must be a joke, right? We'll see when they start yammering about a war with Denmark to take what is rightfully Trump's.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The GOP is running ads showing Greenland as part of the United States, with the slogan, 'Support President Trump and his efforts to help America grow!'

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2...-shirt-1471960

I know conservatives aren't known for having a sense of humor, but this is a decent joke. Help America grow. I give them a solid B for that joke. It must be a joke, right? We'll see when they start yammering about a war with Denmark to take what is rightfully Trump's.
Yea, but how do you get rid of the all the aboriginals.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I am so proud of our girl.

I mean we all know what went down in that phone call.

Played like a damned fiddle.