Trump plans 16-day holiday visit to Mar-a-Lago

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
It's a combination of mindless loyalty with the whole "it's the economy, stupid" thing. Some people will cling to a President or party as long as they, personally, aren't directly affected. But if they notice prices going up at the store, or friends losing jobs, they'll finally take action. Unfortunately, by that point the economic decline tends to be particularly bad... and that might happen soon given that consumer and homeowner confidence figures have taken a hit. In a sense, Trump's eagerness to torpedo the economy might be the Democrats' best friend come 2020, since it could dislodge people who'd otherwise vote Trump until the US was a smoking crater. I just wish it didn't come at the cost of real jobs.

Unfortunately, I have yet to see a Dem candidate worth voting for...if they don’t find someone quickly, we’re gonna get 4 more years of President Pence. (because, hopefully Cheeto will be impeached and in prison by then)

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
After all of the controversy and damage Trump has dragged the nation through, after so many of his close associates have been convicted, indicted and flipped and after Cohen blew Trump's lies and denials clean out of the water, there he is still holding a +40 approval rating.

What's up with that? Why is it that millions of folks still believe in this habitually lying piece of shit when the evidence of his many instances of malfeasance is staring them straight in the face?

Made me lol in agreement with you.

Trump established a mental image of himself in the minds of the Faithful. That's what they see. It's like they've been imprinted.

Reactions: tweaker2

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
so, as a proud non-particpant in life, you just go about screaming and complaining about social structures that you claim to observe accurately (but mere constructions in your mind, based on weak assumptions), wondering why no one fixes these things that have caused you so much stress, and are keeping you from being the best you?

Obviously, the problem is you. You just harbor insane amounts of hate and judgement towards strangers that you can comfortably cram into a bucket of "the others." But keep on bitching all the while shirking all responsibility for the very social order that you claim keeps you down. You currently exist at the functional and useful level of a tapeworm.

you are so confused. i dont care about anything, its all a waste of money. If the prices of things go up i will pay. Nothing i vote for will mater at all living in california is my point. You all think im making up the wide scale abuse of welfare in the country but you are so blind to reality. you are living in closed area and observe nothing around you. There are no assumptions these are facts. I have been approached many times in the store with someone asking me "hey do you want to save 50% off your groceries i will sell you foodstamps" mind you these are complete strangers who i report to the store manager. Wish i could follow them to their car and report the persons name etc, maybe i should come up with a new technique to stop them.

So if i have been asked 4x about buying food stamps from complete strangers, is there a problem on our hands? or hey no i must be mistaken miss informed or using assumptions? HA.
After deductions and everything, I think I pay a net total of ~$6k in federal taxes.
you are really so funny, you said i dont contribute alot of taxes but you contribute 18k in last 3 years compared to my 50+ (im sure its 60+ but id rather round down)

i dont care about anything and nothing is holding me down. I just think they should deliver actual food instead of food stamps. what else you want to fight about?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Unfortunately, I have yet to see a Dem candidate worth voting for...if they don’t find someone quickly, we’re gonna get 4 more years of President Pence. (because, hopefully Cheeto will be impeached and in prison by then)

Biden could be a good choice, I'd say -- he's 'safe' but recognizable, charismatic and, importantly, unlikely to put up with Trump's crap. The only concern I can think of right now is that the GOP may try to label Biden as Obama redux, but that'd only really spook die-hard righties who were never going to vote for a Democrat in the first place. Many people, I think, are just looking for a return to competency, compassion and baseline integrity.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It's a combination of mindless loyalty with the whole "it's the economy, stupid" thing. Some people will cling to a President or party as long as they, personally, aren't directly affected. But if they notice prices going up at the store, or friends losing jobs, they'll finally take action. Unfortunately, by that point the economic decline tends to be particularly bad... and that might happen soon given that consumer and homeowner confidence figures have taken a hit. In a sense, Trump's eagerness to torpedo the economy might be the Democrats' best friend come 2020, since it could dislodge people who'd otherwise vote Trump until the US was a smoking crater. I just wish it didn't come at the cost of real jobs.

Agreed. And true to form, the Repub base will be told and will believe that it was the Democrats who reversed their 18 wheeler into their car at a 100 mph on a very busy freeway when in fact it was, by everything logical under the sun, the Repubs of whom with purposeful intent and malice rear-ended the Dems.

Trump established a mental image of himself in the minds of the Faithful. That's what they see. It's like they've been imprinted.

That falls in line with this notion I've had where Trump's followers have this unique filter feature installed in their heads by Trump and the GOP spinmeisters whereby the only info making it into their brains is what Trump belches up at his self-gratifying rallies and whatever mysteriously concocted stew of the day that gets cooked and served up over at FOX.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

Prez Booker, Prez Harris or Prez Biden

Pick one, any of them are acceptable.

What we really need...

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
loool this shit is gold...

Twas the night before Infrastructure Week, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The boots were licked next to the chimney with care
In hopes that Donald Trump soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
while memories of school shootings danced in their heads.
And Mama in her snuggy, and I in MAGA cap,
had just shit our pants when we saw kneeling Kaep.

When inside my skull there arose such a clatter,
I called the police, and yelled Blue Lives Matter.
Away to the desk I rode my rascal scooter,
I opened up explorer on my laptop computer.

The light of the screen on my skin white as snow
gave the whole room a sick pallid glow
I logged onto twitter when what should appear,
but a tweetstorm from Trump, his pants wet with fear.

With a little click-clacking, so lively and quick,
I typed up a message, riding his dick.
More rapid than eagles, the tweet bots they came,
and liked and retweeted my comments without shame:

"Fuck Clinton! Fuck Bernie!
Fuck Mueller and Comey!
Fuck Schumer and Pelosi!
And Obama and Romney!
There was no collusion!
Now we must build a wall!
Mexico will pay, will pay,
Will pay for it all!"

And then, in a moment, I heard a notification,
the shitlibs and commies destroying this nation.
They mocked me and laughed that Trump's going to jail,
And his dumb kids will be held on charges without bail.

To console myself I watched videos of old rallies of Trump's,
The future president traveling to fly-over states to address crowds dumb as stumps.
The racism was palpable and he knew the crowd was ripe,
As his pants were getting droopier as he filled up his diap.

His eyes--how they twinkled! His dimples, how merry!
His cheeks were like cheetos, his nose like a cherry!
His weird butthole mouth was drawn up like a bow,
and the chins on his chin were orange as a tangelo.
The stump of a dick nestled under yeti pubes,
Would undoubtedly be sucked eagerly by backwater rubes.
He had tiny hands, bitch tits, and a belly,
that shook when he walked, like a bowl full of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right racist old elf,
He was 239 pounds, at least that's what he told himself.
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head
soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

He spoke like a fool, and went straight to his work,
and filled all the idiots with hope for coal jobs like a jerk.
And sniffing coke snot back inside of his nose,
and giving a wave, the ovation it rose.

He waddled off stage, to his fried dinner of hot cheese,
And away they all flew, to the next rally for nazis,
But I heard him exclaim, 'ere he drove out of sight,

"I will only hire the best people. Remember sailor. We"

- a glistening hodor

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
He should just pardon himself and his syndicate, resign, and stay at Mar-A-Lago.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Prez Booker, Prez Harris or Prez Biden

Pick one, any of them are acceptable.

What we really need...

Yeah...no. Biden MIGHT be OK, and I’d probably vote for him, but the others? Not a chance. Not only are they too liberal for my liking, neither one could beat Trump for dog catcher, let alone an important office.

Even though I don’t think O’Bumme was terrible, I suspect America’s “experiment” with anything except a white male for President is done for a few years.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Yeah...no. Biden MIGHT be OK, and I’d probably vote for him, but the others? Not a chance. Not only are they too liberal for my liking, neither one could beat Trump for dog catcher, let alone an important office.

Even though I don’t think O’Bumme was terrible, I suspect America’s “experiment” with anything except a white male for President is done for a few years.

The dry cleaners called.. Your Klan sheets are ready for pick up.

Barack was NOT an "experiment", he was a President. And unlike the current Orange Orangutan currently wasting oxygen in the oval office, he was scandal free.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
The dry cleaners called.. Your Klan sheets are ready for pick up.

Barack was NOT an "experiment", he was a President. And unlike the current Orange Orangutan currently wasting oxygen in the oval office, he was scandal free.

I don’t disagree that O’Bummer was MUCH better in the job. I’d have voted for him again, had it been possible.
He was the first non-white president in the history of the country. Unfortunately, far too many on the right see all the problems he inherited from Dubya as his fault, and not a small percentage of them blame a lot of the current race problems on him...

My sheets, BTW, are folded and packed...and have no hood or eye holes. Hy play the race card just because you didn’t like my characterization of O’Bummer’s presidency?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I don’t disagree that O’Bummer was MUCH better in the job. I’d have voted for him again, had it been possible.
He was the first non-white president in the history of the country. Unfortunately, far too many on the right see all the problems he inherited from Dubya as his fault, and not a small percentage of them blame a lot of the current race problems on him...

My sheets, BTW, are folded and packed...and have no hood or eye holes. Hy play the race card just because you didn’t like my characterization of O’Bummer’s presidency?

Well its gonna happen again. Trump is literally blowing up the economy.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Yeh, it was awful goddamned uppity of Obama to become President, wasn't it?

The GOP blocked him at every turn. I joked that he should ask for exactly the opposite of what he really wanted so that the GOP would give it to him.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yeh, it was awful goddamned uppity of Obama to become President, wasn't it?

The GOP blocked him at every turn. I joked that he should ask for exactly the opposite of what he really wanted so that the GOP would give it to him.
Even worse, he had the temerity to do a pretty decent job, considering the huge shit sammich he was handed...

So...if Trump shuts down the government, will he still take his golfing vacation and force his secret service detail to work without pay? Yeah, sure...if he stays in DC, they'll still be working w/o pay, but I suspect protecting him in the White House would be MUCH easier than doing so in FlaDah.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Even worse, he had the temerity to do a pretty decent job, considering the huge shit sammich he was handed...

So...if Trump shuts down the government, will he still take his golfing vacation and force his secret service detail to work without pay? Yeah, sure...if he stays in DC, they'll still be working w/o pay, but I suspect protecting him in the White House would be MUCH easier than doing so in FlaDah.

They're already working for free.. He blew through the Service's annual budget in the first four months.The first and second ladies AND their families get SS protection along with the Third Lady Malaria.

Which is why it should be a condition that divorced people can't be president.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
After all of the controversy and damage Trump has dragged the nation through, after so many of his close associates have been convicted, indicted and flipped and after Cohen blew Trump's lies and denials clean out of the water, there he is still holding a +40 approval rating.

What's up with that? Why is it that millions of folks still believe in this habitually lying piece of shit when the evidence of his many instances of malfeasance is staring them straight in the face?

That's like asking why after saying that it was God's will to sleep with their wives, and rape their daughters, did the people of Jonestown continue to follow and love Jim Jones?

Trump has that scary Jim Jones vibe, I wish he would do the country a favor, until his followers that it was time for a political revolution, and to line up and drink the Kool-Aid.

1545138243924.png