Trump personal spiritual advisor prays for women to miscarry. Advocating abortion?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
There was a Catholic sect back in the early middle ages that believed that pregnant women were possessed by demons. The Church exterminated the sect root and branch.
Name of sect and link please. I imagine that this sect was rather small if they actually believe pregnant women were possessed by demons.

Then again the Founder of the Shakers did believe and founded the cult on the rather silly ass belief the at the Original Sin wasn't the eating of some forbidding fruit but Adam and Eve having Sex for the very first time. Never mind that God already told them to be Fruitful and Multiply what twice?

Amazing enough the Cult was rather large despite them having them having this Sex is a Major Sin idea.:rolleyes:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Metaphorical or not, it sure sounds like the President's spiritual advisor is very much pro-abortion as long as the 'right' people's fetuses are the ones being aborted.

Reactions: zinfamous

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
But will they take the next step and vote Democratic? The above is just a start
I don't know, but my post was in response to yours, which said you had not heard from any evangelicals who have spoke out against Trump. Clearly there are many speaking out.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
But will they take the next step and vote Democratic? The above is just a start
I am (well, Catholic), but on key issues like abortion, the Democratic party's platform just kills that option for many Christians. So, I swallow hard and vote, because republicans suck so bad on just about everything else.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I am (well, Catholic), but on key issues like abortion, the Democratic party's platform just kills that option for many Christians. So, I swallow hard and vote, because republicans suck so bad on just about everything else.
I've always wanted to know why the Christian concern drops so much as soon as fetus is born

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Irony is that banning abortions doesn't prevent abortions, any more than the drug war stopped drug abuse or banning gun ownership would make guns disappear. All any of that ever does is bring govt force into people's lives, with the usual results. But as long as it's other people's live, who cares, amirite? Obviously, the President's spiritual advisor doesn't care. She's calling on God to abort the unborn fetuses of the people she doesn't like.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I've always wanted to know why the Christian concern drops so much as soon as fetus is born
Part of the reason I vote D is because I do care about about person's full life - and want an adequate social Safety net. Anecdotally, I’m not alone. Don't really know why some don’t, it doesn’t make sense. I do understand why they don’t vote D.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
You know, objectively wealth inequality probably kills more unborn and infant children than abortion legality does.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
You know, objectively wealth inequality probably kills more unborn and infant children than abortion legality does.
And, wealth inequality needs to addressed at a national level - I've believed this for several years. Anyway, just to be clear, I'm not interested in arguing my position on abortion or my voting D even with the current party platform. I was just posting one perspective that I hoped might be useful to some.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
And, wealth inequality needs to addressed at a national level - I've believed this for several years. Anyway, just to be clear, I'm not interested in arguing my position on abortion or my voting D even with the current party platform. I was just posting one perspective that I hoped might be useful to some.
You don't see the logical fault with that? Not doubting your intent or personal feelings wrt this, but if your argument is 'saving unborn children' and you are presented evidence that one policy supported by the opposition actually does more for your argument than the one you support, doesn't it make sense that you change your stance?

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
You don't see the logical fault with that? Not doubting your intent or personal feelings wrt this, but if your argument is 'saving unborn children' and you are presented evidence that one policy supported by the opposition actually does more for your argument than the one you support, doesn't it make sense that you change your stance?

Anyway, just to be clear, I'm not interested in arguing my position on abortion or my voting D even with the current party platform.
Understand now?

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Irony is that banning abortions doesn't prevent abortions

But as long as some people can pretend it helps (rather than doing the direct opposite), then that's sufficient reason to vote Republican apparently, even if one can't stand them for many other reasons.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Vic

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
It is obviously metaphorical if you actually listen to the sermon. It is just a long string of metaphorical nonsense.
Did she include in the sermon were the conservative bible says women should stay silent in church and not speak, or is she using the liberal religious fluid bible were one can be and do whatever they believe or identify as.

Reactions: sandorski

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Your not one for thinking very much are you?
In 2016 who knew?
The only way what you stated can be true is if you apply that to the 2020 election!

anyone who did any basic research on trump, it was all out there for everyone to see. he has a loooooonnnnngggg history of acting just like he has since taking office.

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Did she include in the sermon were the conservative bible says women should stay silent in church and not speak, or is she using the liberal religious fluid bible were one can be and do whatever they believe or identify as.
Criticizing a conservative position without lobbing nonsense at liberals was a bridge too far.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Oh...that's a new one...it's liberals' fault that women speak in church?

Anything more to blame on liberals or are you done in this thread.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Wonder how that conservative christian thing feels about plastic surgery?

Somehow I think it violates one of the 7 deadly sins

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Evangelical Christians had already whored themselves out to the golden calf called Trump. We already know what's left of their integrity wallows in the pool of hypocrisy. Now they are selling out what's left of their beliefs by advocating for abortion. For the record, miscarriages are spontaneous abortions. I guess the only reasons evangelicals/conservatives have left for supporting Trump are unqualified conservative judges, hating on people of color and tax cuts for the rich.

BTW - What in the hell is a satanic pregnancy? If the woman is on all fours while having sex?
View attachment 16352

"What in the hell is a satanic pregnancy? "

Satanic Pregnancy revealed!