Trump paid $750 in taxes in 2016 and 2017.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
The Times got his tax records and it is a journey. Huge losses, questionable valuations, sketchy deductions, likely fraud, a total house of cards, etc.

Trump has already bragged about this.

His exact response to not paying taxes was, "That makes me smart".

This story gives Trump another .5% boost in the National Polls and another 1% boost among Republican voters.

Donald Trump has been laundering money for decades. This is a feature, not a bug.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Trump has already bragged about this.

His exact response to not paying taxes was, "That makes me smart".

This story gives Trump another .5% boost in the National Polls and another 1% boost among Republican voters.

Donald Trump has been laundering money for decades. This is a feature, not a bug.

The election is here, taxes are finally due in October, there is a huge economic crisis, and he passed unpopular tax cuts that majorly benefited the wealthy.

No, I don't think this is helpful to him. Especially not with Biden as his opponent.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
The election is here, taxes are finally due in October, there is a huge economic crisis, and he passed unpopular tax cuts that majorly benefited the wealthy.

No, I don't think this is helpful to him. Especially not with Biden as his opponent.

This is an article about an ad that is running in Florida a number of times a day. It’s from an Arizona TV station, as the mechanisms here in Florida are all to help. TV stations owned by Sinclair and the fool mini-t we have for a governor.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Don’t worry. Trump just proclaimed it’s fake news and you will all see it when he releases his tax returns. But you have to wait cause they’re under audit... still.
Just saw that, what a friggin joke the "still under audit" shit-show, he's looking like the typical lying POS he always does.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
The base doesn't care at all, but to an independent, this can be a crucifixion. The guy who claims to.be a populist for the people yada yada yada, pays less tax than someone making $35K a year.

Looks like they got a lot of it. Probably going to uncover all kinds of fraud. Straight to jail hopefully, if he gets removed from office.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Don’t worry. Trump just proclaimed it’s fake news and you will all see it when he releases his tax returns. But you have to wait cause they’re under audit... still.

I'm sure that should take care of it heh.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999

Trump raised taxes on the middle class by limiting SALT deductions so he could give tax breaks to billionaires and millionaires. Republicans need to be voted all out of office,

Reactions: Muse and DarthKyrie
Jan 25, 2011
So... if he HAD released his taxes pre 2016, he would be in jail for fraud instead of in the oval.... Ok America, good job.
There’s a big difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. This just shows steps he’s taken to avoid paying. Whether they were legal or not is something entirely different.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
There’s a big difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. This just shows steps he’s taken to avoid paying. Whether they were legal or not is something entirely different.

In that vein this story is likely to propel the New York State investigations into higher gear.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The base doesn't care at all, but to an independent, this can be a crucifixion. The guy who claims to.be a populist for the people yada yada yada, pays less tax than someone making $35K a year.

Looks like they got a lot of it. Probably going to uncover all kinds of fraud. Straight to jail hopefully, if he gets removed from office.
Do you understand that any random person could be sitting on a billion dollars and not pay a cent in taxes? You aren't taxed on how much you have, your taxed on how much you made.

I won't comment on the story posted because I don't have any information other than a tweet.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Do you understand that any random person could be sitting on a billion dollars and not pay a cent in taxes? You aren't taxed on how much you have, your taxed on how much you made.

I won't comment on the story posted because I don't have any information other than a tweet.

I suggest you read the story.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999

He got 73 million dollars back apparently which is the focus of the audit. He doesn’t pay much income tax and takes money from the taxpayers. He is a taker.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
He got 75 million dollars back apparently which is the focus of the audit. He doesn’t pay much income tax and takes money from the taxpayers. He is a taker.

Yes, though a likely improper refund he'd have to repay with interest. I don't think he's got the 100M in cash to do that.