Trump on nytimes : Treason

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I'm waiting for Trump to walk back any counter intelligence efforts we have against Russia like he did for NK.
"Putin wrote me a beautiful love letter ❤️:hearteyes::hearteyecat:. He gifted me a beautiful election. I would never allow that to happen on my watch."

Feb 4, 2009
Ha, no link and searching on the phone with cnn is problematic
Yesterday I read Intelligence Agencies were concerned about sharing the data with the President.

Reactions: cytg111

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I think Trump is saying that, in his opinion, reporting on the U.S. action was treason. Never know with Trump though.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I get that it CAN be understood that way, however if you twist yourself around enough then you can make sense of anything he says if you factor in ignorance, usual word salad and stupid.
My first thought was that he is beginning to water down the concept of the word "Treason".. that makes the most sense given his current position.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Ha, no link and searching on the phone with cnn is problematic
Yesterday I read Intelligence Agencies were concerned about sharing the data with the President.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/politics/us-ramping-up-cyberattacks-russia/index.html

Maybe this one?

Two administration officials told the Times they believed President Donald Trump had not been briefed in any detail about the US computer code being implanted inside the Russian grid.
Pentagon and intelligence officials describe to the Times "broad hesitation" to tell Trump about the details of the operations against Russia. They tell the Times there was concern over how Trump would react, and the possibility that Trump might reverse the operations or discuss it with foreign officials.

Why the hesitation? Because he's a walking talking security breach, literally.
In 2017, Trump shared highly classified information with the Russian foreign minister and Russian ambassador to the US in a White House meeting, The Washington Post first reported and CNN later confirmed.

Thanks 'Murica for showing the rest of us how sincere you are regarding National Security.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Meanwhile, Argentina and Uruguay’s entire power grid just shut down. Coincidence?

(Those are Belt and Road countries, correct?)

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Trump bringing up treason, now that's funny. Accuse the other of what your doing, more brilliant strategery, a favorite too. I think he's more irked as someone explained to him it could make his assistance from Putin and others in 2020 less meaningful.

Apart from that, I can't bring myself to feel bad about ramped up efforts that should have been started 10-15 years ago. A 'target that doesn't respond to attack' is shitty ROE when an alliance of capable players is trying to hamstring you.