Trump on COVID - “If you take the blue states out we’re at a level that I don’t think anybody in the world would be at."

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
This is the type of rhetoric that is completely unacceptable if you are an elected official. He is not president of the red states. He is president of this nation, but he acts like he is at war with half the country.

“If you take the blue states out,” he said, “we’re at a level that I don’t think anybody in the world would be at. We’re really at a very low level.”

In a statement on Thursday, Sarah Matthews, a White House spokeswoman, said Mr. Trump’s policies “uplift all Americans” and that he fights “for people of all backgrounds,” including in fighting the coronavirus. “But it’s no secret some Democrat-run states and cities have failed to create economic growth, secure their streets or protect the most vulnerable against this virus,” she said.

“Why do you keep talking about Democrat states?” George Stephanopoulos asked him during a town hall-style meeting in Philadelphia hosted by ABC News. “They’re American states.”

“No,” Mr. Trump replied. “The Democrat-run states are the ones that are doing badly, George.”

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Yeah I saw this early and this kind of shit is just completely unacceptable. Dude clearly thinks he is only the president of red states. I am so over this piece of shit.

One of the replies on Twitter was "If you took out the blue states, we would have had 0 deaths from 9/11" which summed it up nicely.

Fucking idiot.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Interesting that they say the red States run the economy. The blue States are the main driver of the economy. Tell me how much Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama generate in GDP? I bet the city of Seattle generates more than those states combined. This line is laughable. Unfortunately, some people believe this stuff.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Interesting that they say the red States run the economy. The blue States are the main driver of the economy. Tell me how much Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama generate in GDP? I bet the city of Seattle generates more than those states combined. This line is laughable. Unfortunately, some people believe this stuff.

Everyone loves to shit on CA, the 5th largest economy on the planet.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
Everyone loves to shit on CA, the 5th largest economy on the planet.
Yep.

The GOP policies favor big business and wall street. Dem policies tend to favor individuals over corporations. They especially favor labor and blue collar workers. Dem policies are also more favorable to military personnel.

Despite that those high producing states know that without good social policies they won't have a healthy and productive workforce. Seriosuly, the best states for businesses usually have high taxes.

Why haven't the red state voters figured out that democratic policies would be better for them?

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
You're not far off.

GDP 2018

Seattle MSA $392 billion
Alabama $222 billion
Arkansas $128 billion
Mississippi $114 billion

All 3 states combined $464 billion

Reactions: DarthKyrie and dawp

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Yeah I saw this early and this kind of shit is just completely unacceptable. Dude clearly thinks he is only the president of red states. I am so over this piece of shit.

One of the replies on Twitter was "If you took out the blue states, we would have had 0 deaths from 9/11" which summed it up nicely.

Fucking idiot.
Honestly I don't usually get "mad" about politics but this news story has me livid.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I think if he "took out" the blue states he'd have a rude awakening.
Yesterday the number of cases on a per-capita* basis (*Trump supporters, ask someone outside your inbred family to explain that for you) showed that 9 of the top 10 states were red states, with NY at #9. I predicted that NY would soon be pushed off the top 10 list by Texas and Iowa.

Iowa heard that challenge, and they have now taken over the #9 position, pushing NY down to #10, and Texas off the top ten. But don't count Texas out, we know they can do it, and they will probably get back in the top 10 by early next week.

The top 10 are as of today;
  1. Louisiana
  2. Florida
  3. Mississippi
  4. Arizona
  5. Alabama
  6. Georgia
  7. South Carolina
  8. Tennessee
  9. Iowa
  10. New York
PS. It looks like Texas hasn't reported in yet today. They make it a red state top 10 sweep later today.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Vlad loves the way Donnie is tearing our Country apart. Just loves it to pieces. He loves it that Americans are crazy enough that Trump has any following at all.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I predicted that a red state would bump NY out of the top 10 (on a per-capita basis) within a matter of weeks. Wow was I wrong, it was only days, and by a dark horse (dark red) that came out of the blue, Arkansas.

So much winning for trump... and as George Carlin once said:
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”

• Love

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Trump is, of course quite right. By blue states he means states that are run by his delusional notions of what liberal actually means, a projection of his own terrible inner evil. If we could get rid of that terrible inner evil that is within him and conservatives generally, we would really be in very good shape. We see and create what we fear and that is what we feel we are and will not admit into conscious awareness. Trump has met the enemy like we all have, and it is him for him as it is us for us.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Hey, if you ignore these Americans we don't like, were a-ok, which isn't even true, but facts don't matter.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
More numbers are in, NY is down to 12th. Come on red states, take those masks off, throw parties, pack the bars, let's see if you can push NY out of the top half by election day, or even October. You are collectively that fucking stupid, you can do this...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
More numbers are in, NY is down to 12th. Come on red states, take those masks off, throw parties, pack the bars, let's see if you can push NY out of the top half by election day.

Rally with Trump like it's 2016! Every last one of them is crazy as fuck, from Trump on down.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Rally with Trump like it's 2016! Every last one of them is crazy as fuck, from Trump on down.
I was just watching a Steven Colbert video where he was mocking a Trump rally. The video showed that they actually are rallying like it's 2016, the crowds are still chanting "lock her up".

• Wow