Trump nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I find that it is odd nobody seems to be discussing this in the forums. Not even a peep that I see.
I don't think that he will get the prize deserving or not.

Strange times.

I was looking for the subject to come up and all the hate and venom to start spewing about how undeserving he is.

Getting Israel and the UAE to open up and start having a normal relationship to one another is a good step.

Now will it last?

I have my doubts.

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
In all honesty I've always considered awards and trophies useless and banal, so whether I, a friend, family member or an underserving person like Trump receives one I'm indifferent to whatever "accomplishments" they've achieved

Side note: good to be back here, fresh and more grounded (*cough*kinder*cough*)

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I find that it is odd nobody seems to be discussing this in the forums. Not even a peep that I see.
I don't think that he will get the prize deserving or not.

Strange times.

I was looking for the subject to come up and all the hate and venom to start spewing about how undeserving he is.

Getting Israel and the UAE to open up and start having a normal relationship to one another is a good step.

Now will it last?

I have my doubts.

Awwww......the poor child was looking for a venom fight and got nothing. So disappointed you must be, cuck.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Why not? They gave one to Kissinger. Trump's only obsessed with it because Obama got one.

Now will it last?

I have my doubts.

Normalization isn't really coming out of the blue. Things have been trending this way for years. Bibi was also looking for a way out of his annexation commitments to the Israeli right wing so he traded that away for a diplomatic win. The US has relatively little to do with any of this.

Reactions: Burpo

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
It's your thread, do you think he's deserving or not?

I don't think much of the Nobel Prize. It has become more of something akin to a Grammy or Oscar award. I was just surprised that no one had mentioned it yet.

Hell they may as well give it to him, he's done as much or more than some that have gotten the award.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I would approve of a GEBTPA award as he clearly demonstrated all the necessary traits on the Access Hollywood bus that would entitle him to such an award. :p

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Nominations for this particular award are super-meaningless. Were he to win, that would be news. His having a fan in the Swedish parliament is less so.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I don't think much of the Nobel Prize. It has become more of something akin to a Grammy or Oscar award. I was just surprised that no one had mentioned it yet.

Hell they may as well give it to him, he's done as much or more than some that have gotten the award.
The bar for being nominated is pretty low. Loads of people get nominated every year, in fact I think that the same guy that nominated Trump this time nominated him last year as well.

Also I'm not getting whether you think he is or isn't deserving of the award there!

Reactions: Linux23

simpletron

Oct 31, 2008
Why should i be impressed by Trump getting over the low bar of being nominated?... To become one of hundreds of nominees for an award that lost most meaning with me after Obama won the award? Even Hitler got nominated in 1939.

GEBTPA = Grab 'Em By The Pussy Award

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
The bar for being nominated is pretty low. Loads of people get nominated every year, in fact I think that the same guy that nominated Trump this time nominated him last year as well.o

Also I'm not getting whether you think he is or isn't deserving of the award there!

The point is I feel that the award doesn't mean much either way.

As far as accomplishments to justify getting the award, he is deserving as many that have gotten it. Just based on the recent advancement in relationships between Israel and UAE and Israel and Bahrain.

I was reading my news feed and saw he was nominated twice and was wondering why it wasn't a topic on Anandtech yet.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Why should i be impressed by Trump getting over the low bar of being nominated?... To become one of hundreds of nominees for an award that lost most meaning with me after Obama won the award? Even Hitler got nominated in 1939.

GEBTPA = Grab 'Em By The Pussy Award

Who said you should be impressed?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The point is I feel that the award doesn't mean much either way.

As far as accomplishments to justify getting the award, he is deserving as many that have gotten it. Just based on the recent advancement in relationships between Israel and UAE and Israel and Bahrain.

I was reading my news feed and saw he was nominated twice and was wondering why it wasn't a topic on Anandtech yet.
Being nominated isn't really news and there's quite a lot of real news going on in the world (and a lot of it in the US).

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Fair enough.
It's a good article. This bit made me laugh...
"Adolf Hitler was nominated for the peace prize in 1939 by a member of the Swedish parliament. Reportedly submitted in satire, the nomination was withdrawn soon after. A few years later, the Soviet leader Josef Stalin was nominated for the same award, twice, garnering nods in 1945 - for his efforts ending WW2 - and again in 1948."

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Both nominations were probably done with a Sharpie. Trump probably has leftover fake Time covers of him winning. No one is less deserving of the award. For almost 4 years he has incited violence and discord in the US.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Nominations for this particular award are super-meaningless. Were he to win, that would be news. His having a fan in the Swedish parliament is less so.

If he were to win and something he initiated actually did something good for peace and prosperity I would give him credit for it. But like so many of his actions it ends up hurting more than helping. Reference North Korea and his trade wars etc.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

The fact the same person promoted violence amongst his own citizens kinda mitigates any justification for the award.

Maybe that's why nobody mentioned. Can't keep doing heinous shit and get a peace prize. Forget for a minute if he did anything that would quality.

Hitler probably wouldn't have won Dog Lover of the Year 1932. I'm surprise even people like you didn't realize this

Other despicable acts that came out this week but we just can't keep up

Bragged about saving MBS from scrutiny in the Khashoggi assassination
Skimmed money from the 9/11 medical fund

Do arsonists deserve Architect of the Year Award?
Do rapists deserve Women's Right Advocate of the Year Award?

What does that say about you, crowing about a guy who has done things like this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54