Trump news – live: Trump says coronavirus will go away in April because of 'the heat'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Trump will probably diagnose coronavirus as staring into the sun during an eclipse while yelling "I'm the evidence" some more

• Haha
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
There's a video that popped up on my YouTube feed yesterday "Stop making me defend Trump" which seems to apply here. I believe in factual accuracy. In no way is Trump's view appropriate to the situation. It's highly reckless. I think I've made that clear with my statements. I don't like an insistence on a one-sided view to support a particular stance. I hope people are capable of recognizing the err of Trump even with the knowledge that a seasonal outbreak is a possible course here.

Seasonality is possible as warmer temperatures with humidity are inhibitory in general but while the ignorance of Trump when it comes to anything is annoying, providing "information" unencumbered by scientific data sets up potentially fatal consequences by saying things as he does. I am a stickler for responsible statements from people in power and we have none of that here.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Crisis averted!

Trump has had plenty of heat on him, and he's still here.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I'm starting to get a bit nervous about this potential pandemic. Mainly it makes me worried about elderly family members (and friends' elderly family members). That's pretty self-centred, I suppose (given that some epidemiologist has just suggested it might infect 2/3 of the global population). In my defence I'm not that bothered about getting it myself - if it does me in it would arguably come as a bit of a relief, but I know too many people who would likely be particularly vulnerable to it, which is worrying.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
So April will be the perfect time for Trump to make a state visit to virus-epicenter Wuhan, China.....right?

The weather should be delightful. And best of all, Trump can prove to the world that he's never wrong! "Nobody knows more about viruses than me."

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Well, thats a dumb statement.

edit: now that Ive watched the actual video (which isnt in the OP) Trump said Xi of China said that. He didnt say he disagreed.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Well, thats a dumb statement.

edit: now that Ive watched the actual video (which isnt in the OP) Trump said Xi of China said that. He didnt say he disagreed.
As POTUS you don't get to make statements with a caveat "well people have said" and absolve yourself from responsibility.

He does that shit all the time so when things go wrong he can claim "I didn't say it"

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
How long before Trump takes a sharpie to the statement issued by the CDC? After all they had the nerve to contradict Dear Leader. If I were Dr. Robert Redfield would be worried I could get fired.

CDC director says coronavirus could stay in US through this year and beyond: CNN

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There's a video that popped up on my YouTube feed yesterday "Stop making me defend Trump" which seems to apply here. I believe in factual accuracy. In no way is Trump's view appropriate to the situation. It's highly reckless. I think I've made that clear with my statements. I don't like an insistence on a one-sided view to support a particular stance. I hope people are capable of recognizing the err of Trump even with the knowledge that a seasonal outbreak is a possible course here.

True. The other thing about it is that seasonal outbreaks just mean fewer cases in warm weather, not none at all worldwide. Right now it's summer in Argentina, for example.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Sigh. It's like 80+ in Singapore right now, and the virus is still steadily marching.