Trump May Skip Debates, or Seek New Host, if Process Isn't 'Fair'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hey, I agree with Trump on something (for different reasons): the debates suck. They might as well have the candidates race blindfold around the stage, it would tell us just as much about their fitness for the job...and be much more entertaining. It's already a clown show, let's take it the extra mile.

The "debates" would be great if we were picking the next celebrity host for an upcoming roast. For the top administration civil servant position? Yeah, not so much.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Him not participating in the debates came up some time ago. "glad" to see it's coming up again.
I'll miss getting such great insight and information from him like "No puppet. No puppet. You're the puppet".

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
They should use this opportunity and get Trump to agree on debate where candidates ask each other questions. It would be entertaining as hell also expose mushroom dick Donnie as a total fraud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
At this point I would be somewhat surprised if he did attend the debates. I'm not sure he stands much to gain from them.
If I was Biden - I would face Trump and say, "Are you on cocaine right now?" Oh, I forgot Trumpy isn't attending! He knows we are on to his ruse. He won't be acting like a six year old on stage.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
maybe just put Eastwood in there in place of Trump?

lol-- I wonder what Clint thinks about Trump?
Clint Eastwood has stopped short of endorsing Donald Trump, but in an interview in Esquire magazine he praised the Republican presidential candidate for being "on to something." In the interview posted online Wednesday, the actor-director hailed Trump as a foe of political correctness and lamented what he called "the kiss-ass generation."

Reactions: pcgeek11

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
If he's going to call out the commission like that, they should proceed with the "debates" without him which will just be a 2 hour Q&A for the D candidate he didn't show up for.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
But I thought he said he'd won those debates?

Add it to the list of lies. Even apart from getting destroyed on the actual questions, he looked like a grade-A creeper the way he was stalking a grandmother around the stage.

An additional three years of untreated dementia and mental illness won't help, either.

Clint Eastwood has stopped short of endorsing Donald Trump, but in an interview in Esquire magazine he praised the Republican presidential candidate for being "on to something." In the interview posted online Wednesday, the actor-director hailed Trump as a foe of political correctness and lamented what he called "the kiss-ass generation."

I think he meant to say "on something".

• Haha
Reactions: soundforbjt